Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 2

Whether we should place our judgement immediately on Calvin's intrusion or attempt of murder on our King's advisor, we should not place a judgement immediately. There is still more than meet the eyes. In one night, the King's advisor room was barged in. What about Lord Savril's room? He claim there is someone entered his room and knocked down his Greek Armor. And till now, we still don't have any willing to own up or explain ESPECIALLY THE OTHER TWO, whom is Karl and General Marcus. So many injuries in one night. I am sure they will have much to explain too.

Now now, there is no need to get hasty everyone. It seems we are having some problems on who is who; and since we have to know the person's physical appearance (OOC: Username) and name to vote them to be executed, there is only one feasible way to settle this.

When I wasn't executing enemies of the King back when he was alive, I was an avid card player, and one of the games we played was, well, almost exactly like this, called "Enemies of the King". There, we had a thing known as a "massclaim" - everyone would tell their roles, and if someone didn't the suspicion was usually shunted on them. Almost always they were one of the "enemies of the king". I know it may be crazy to apply something from a game to reality, but...I suggest we do a "massclaim". If others agree to this, then I say we should all tell who we are within a reasonable amount of time, aye? A few hours (OOC: Two days) sound good to anyone?

And just to clear it up for anyone just joining us - I am indeed Kyle, the executioner. Not that my job wouldn't just go to someone else if I was taken out, of course.

You admit to being a thief to avoid being known for your true self, a murderer. Nice try, but there are some problems with that.

Claims of ambition? Don't make me laugh. You see, you may have guessed my name, but you are clearly unaware of my true position. I am the King's Advisor, the most powerful position in the kingdom! Or at least I was, before the traitors killed him.

What you fail to understand is that I already had all the power in the kingdom before he died. The king was old, but wise. He knew who he could trust and who he couldn't. I held his most trusted position, and as such, I was able to wield as much power as I wanted, in his name. We discussed matters, but he knew he was old and beginning to slip into madness, so he relied on me to guide him.

Look around you! Do you think this kingdom runs itself? Do you think his spoiled brats of children did the work? No, they just wanted his power. But you know that, since you helped at least one of them kill him.

You stole everything I had worked so hard to build, and you killed a good man. I can rebuild my power, but no one can bring back the King...

I am a hard worker and a good administrator regulator advisor. You, sir, are simply scum that creeps about in the night. You're probably the same one who attacked our loyal executioner and scared the willies out of Lord Hincklepants Sylvain.

You may have helped kill Lord Martin, but you will not take me down unchallenged!

VOTE: Calvin, Fisherman by day and assassin by night!

When exactly did I say I was a thief? I put your diary back. And I never said I wanted you to die. In fact, I said the exact opposite. But, okay. If you want me dead, I'm fine with that. The sacrifice of one for the cause of the many. And didn't you vote for Lord Martin as well? I personally think we should be watching Mike now, seeing as he was the one who put the suspicion on Penc.. I mean Lord Martin. Oh, and it was not I who attacked Kyle, as I went back to my chamber after landing in the rosebush. ~ Calvin ~

(OOC: Who is this Dovchenko person?)

I have shared my thoughts on the idea of us all revealing our positions. It will be quite risky, remember, the traitors know each other, whereas us loyalists only know those who have revealed themselves. I for one have nothing to hide really, so I will reveal my position if everyone else is game.

Comments: Is Dovchenko a new player that pops out of nowhere? Or is he sdpirate whom has change nick recently?
(OOC: Who is this Dovchenko person?)

(OOC: I presume that sdpirate has had a name transplant change. I will wait for him to confirm this before I change it on the main post. Hopefully nobody is to confused.)

You know something smells fishy here... Get it? Fishy! Oh I crack myself up! :laugh:

Current votes are as follows:

Atoll Dweller (Calvin the fisherman): 1

Remember that you can only vote for a character if you know who the player is. This may seem silly to some, but it is there for a reason. :wink: Technically I should not have even allowed Shadows' vote as he did not state the player, however I know he knows, so that is fine. In future please either Vote: <username> (<character>) or Unvote: <username> (<character>). Thanks for helping this game to run smoothly. :classic:

When exactly did I say I was a thief? I put your diary back. And I never said I wanted you to die. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

I thought you were just a thief when I found you in my room. I might have been a bit drunk overcome with the holy spirits. :wacko:

When I smelled that foul smell, the smell that dragonator seems to have alluded to in titling this day, I thought it was some kind of foul poison, but now I know it's just you. Can we dunk you in the river or something? I mean, you stink. :sick::laugh:

But, okay. If you want me dead, I'm fine with that. The sacrifice of one for the cause of the many.

No one is going to give their life willingly, so don't bother with the fake nobility. We all want to survive this as much as the next one, and some of us want to see the guilty brought to justice.

You're right about one thing. Yes, I had a desire for power, you can't do my job without it, but you mistake that for something more. I had no ambitions for more power, I had it. I ran this kingdom well in the name of the King, he had no doubt about my loyalty or intent, or he could have had me killed personally. I only wish I had listened to his concerns more closely. I should say no more on the subject.

Now, my only desire is to deal with the traitors who cost all of us, so much. We will avenge his death, and the death of Lord Martin.

And didn't you vote for Lord Martin as well?

I voted for Lord Martin after everyone else was convinced, long after the pack, and I even said so at the time. I actually wanted answers from the doctor, chef, and cellar keeper at the time but they weren't really cooperating. So far, I'm only marginally satisfied with the cellar keeper and still suspicious of the others.

I personally think we should be watching Mike now, seeing as he was the one who put the suspicion on Penc.. I mean Lord Martin.

A fair point, though he's such an easy scapegoat. Oddly enough, I received a note, as I suspect many of us did, saying that Mike had been seen lurking suspiciously the night of the King's death. I don't know how much importance to place on that.

Your perspective may have clouded your understanding of me, and perhaps mine (and the Friar's noble spirits) did the same to you.

For now...

UNVOTE: Calvin the fisherman/Atoll Dweller

Tell us, did you have an opportunity to discover anything else last night, or was it all wasted rose bush diving? :laugh:

You know, those are some nasty scrapes. Maybe the doctor should check them out. If we can find him. :hmpf:

OOC: Consider it confirmed, Dovchenko is sdpirate. No need to wait for him to say so. Inconvenient time for a name change, I must say.

For now...

After all the trouble I went to? :hmpf: Ah well. Now the votes are:

None

You know, those are some nasty scrapes. Maybe the doctor should check them out. If we can find him. :hmpf:

The doctor has spoken in today's thread lad, you just weren't listening. :wink:

OOC: Consider it confirmed, Dovchenko is sdpirate. No need to wait for him to say so. Inconvenient time for a name change, I must say.

Cheers for that Shadows, I'll go back and update it in the first post. The things I do for you people... :hmpf:

Talking of name changes, perhaps just to confuse everyone we should change all our names. :sweet: We could have our usernames changed to our character names! Let's get an Admin onto it right now! :tongue: But wait, my name would still be the same... :grin: Except for the capital D. :look: You know I really can't figure out why I didn't use a capital, names usually do start with one... :sceptic:

Just ignore me, I'm simply waffling like only an insanely clever maniac can... (not to mention a homicidal genocidal one at that! :look: ).

:grin:

Stop staring at me. :cry_sad:

You heard his Lordship, stop staring, and get back to your discussion! You know I get really sick of people who post talk about off-topic things. :angry:

*the add-break ends and the show comes back on with lots of dramatic music only seen in American Reality TV shows and the like*

I thought you were just a thief when I found you in my room. I might have been a bit drunk overcome with the holy spirits. :wacko:

When I smelled that foul smell, the smell that dragonator seems to have alluded to in titling this day, I thought it was some kind of foul poison, but now I know it's just you. Can we dunk you in the river or something? I mean, you stink. :sick::laugh:

No one is going to give their life willingly, so don't bother with the fake nobility. We all want to survive this as much as the next one, and some of us want to see the guilty brought to justice.

You're right about one thing. Yes, I had a desire for power, you can't do my job without it, but you mistake that for something more. I had no ambitions for more power, I had it. I ran this kingdom well in the name of the King, he had no doubt about my loyalty or intent, or he could have had me killed personally. I only wish I had listened to his concerns more closely. I should say no more on the subject.

Now, my only desire is to deal with the traitors who cost all of us, so much. We will avenge his death, and the death of Lord Martin.

I voted for Lord Martin after everyone else was convinced, long after the pack, and I even said so at the time. I actually wanted answers from the doctor, chef, and cellar keeper at the time but they weren't really cooperating. So far, I'm only marginally satisfied with the cellar keeper and still suspicious of the others.

A fair point, though he's such an easy scapegoat. Oddly enough, I received a note, as I suspect many of us did, saying that Mike had been seen lurking suspiciously the night of the King's death. I don't know how much importance to place on that.

Your perspective may have clouded your understanding of me, and perhaps mine (and the Friar's noble spirits) did the same to you.

For now...

Tell us, did you have an opportunity to discover anything else last night, or was it all wasted rose bush diving? :laugh:

Thank you. No, I didn't discover anything worth noting, as I can only investigate one person a night for my employer, and obviously I picked you.

I'll go take a dip in the river right now... *splash* Maybe we should question Mike about why his lurking was so suspicious? Wait... didn't Lord Martin see someone lurking by the King's quarters? And then Mike got so defensive... And now you are saying you got a note about him lurking suspiciously on the night of the king's death? Sounds like Mike has some 'splaining to do... Did Kyle not say he was attacked last night? Perhaps the limping General might know something about that... If only he would reveal himself... That assassin thing wouldn't happen to do anything with that jerk store comment, would it? Sorry about that Rotrigous. ~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

The death of a loyalist is a great blow to all of us. I admit, I was the one who was in imperialshadows, or should I say Rotrigous' room last night. But I was there to investigate, not murder. And I discovered from his diary that he had ambitions of ruling the keep. Before I could discover more of his plans, he approached, so I was forced to leap out his window, landing in the rosebush. I believe that this man may have been one of the traitors who poisoned our good king. I hope my investigations do not cause us to hang just an ambitious loyalist. All the best, ~ Calvin ~

Hmm, so is that all you got from imperialshadows' diary, or can you confirm whether or not he is a traitor?

In the meantime, I agree that Mike does look rather suspicious right about now, with an innocent man having reported to have seen him at the scene on the night of the king's death, and another reporting the same. I suggest we all wait for an explanation before voting him though, we do not want to needlessly kill another innocent man... :cry_sad:

Perhaps the limping General might know something about that... If only he would reveal himself...

There dear fisherman, you need to learn to catch men not fish. The general has already made it clear who he is. :wink:

Thank you. No, I didn't discover anything worth noting, as I can only investigate one person a night for my employer, and obviously I picked you.

I'll go take a dip in the river right now... *splash* Maybe we should question Mike about why his lurking was so suspicious? Wait... didn't Lord Martin see someone lurking by the King's quarters? And then Mike got so defensive... And now you are saying you got a note about him lurking suspiciously on the night of the king's death? Sounds like Mike has some 'splaining to do... Did Kyle not say he was attacked last night? Perhaps the limping General might know something about that... If only he would reveal himself... That assassin thing wouldn't happen to do anything with that jerk store comment, would it? Sorry about that Rotrigous. ~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

A fisherman, sneaking into the King's advisor room. That is supposed to be one of the chambers that are closely guarded. You are just a mere fisherman. How did you manage to get into his chamber without any detection? Why are you so familar with the rooms? There are so many rooms in this castle. Are the guards sleeping off their duties or is there some form of conspiracy among one of the guards? Did someone inside working closely within the castle compounds lead you to his chamber? I really wonder how did you pull off this feat. Rest assured, I am only going after the truth, not in particular going against you.

Hmm, so is that all you got from imperialshadows' diary, or can you confirm whether or not he is a traitor?

In the meantime, I agree that Mike does look rather suspicious right about now, with an innocent man having reported to have seen him at the scene on the night of the king's death, and another reporting the same. I suggest we all wait for an explanation before voting him though, we do not want to needlessly kill another innocent man... :cry_sad:

No, I can not confirm whether or not he is a traitor, but he is one of the least suspicious people in this keep so far. (At least to me..) I agree that we should wait to Mike to explain himself before we start to vote for him. ~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

A fisherman, sneaking into the King's advisor room. That is supposed to be one of the chambers that are closely guarded. You are just a mere fisherman. How did you manage to get into his chamber without any detection? Why are you so familar with the rooms? There are so many rooms in this castle. Are the guards sleeping off their duties or is there some form of conspiracy among one of the guards? Did someone inside working closely within the castle compounds lead you to his chamber? I really wonder how did you pull off this feat. Rest assured, I am only going after the truth, not in particular going against you.

I was hired by a Lord to investigate people, so I was given information about how to best go about this. So, I guess you could say that someone working closely within the compounds lead me to his chamber. ~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

(OOC: Sorry to double post, but there's that no editing rule, and WhiteFang posted while I was writing my last one.)

An employer, eh? Well, you keep fishing around for clues (haha... damn, dragonator is catching), though I have to ask just how much you think you can trust this employer. It would be a good opportunity to catch the traitors, or to cast false doubts on people.

Did Kyle not say he was attacked last night? Perhaps the limping General might know something about that... If only he would reveal himself...

I wonder if that goes back to the fallen armour? Maybe a struggle in the halls that neither party wants to reveal because it might seem suspicious? We are a bit jumpy right now, I could see being concerned about appearances.

That assassin thing wouldn't happen to do anything with that jerk store comment, would it? Sorry about that Rotrigous.

Nah, or I would have already accused Lord Salisbury Steak and his ghastly ghostly imagination by now. :laugh:

An employer, eh? Well, you keep fishing around for clues (haha... damn, dragonator is catching), though I have to ask just how much you think you can trust this employer. It would be a good opportunity to catch the traitors, or to cast false doubts on people.

I wonder if that goes back to the fallen armour? Maybe a struggle in the halls that neither party wants to reveal because it might seem suspicious? We are a bit jumpy right now, I could see being concerned about appearances.

I don't know how trustworthy he is, I just know that Lord Ash thinks someone is trying to kill him. With good reason, seeing as we are all holding knives to each others' throats. (Metaphorically) Lord Dragonater said that the General had already revealed himself... does anyone know who that is?

~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

I don't know how trustworthy he is, I just know that Lord Ash thinks someone is trying to kill him. With good reason, seeing as we are all holding knives to each others' throats. (Metaphorically) Lord Dragonater said that the General had already revealed himself... does anyone know who that is?

~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

You know I wish people would stop calling me Lord Dragonator, we don't look anything like each other! I am only a mere human wizard, serving this keep.

I admit, I was the one who was in imperialshadows,

Lady Dolores told me about that but I told her it was none of our business... :sadnew:

So, since Lord Martin was a loyalist, then one of the other Lords must be a traitor. That's either Lord Ash or...me. Oops! I fear I've spoken to soon.

Surely, if you all don't condemn me, a traitor will kill me while I sleep. One tried last night knocking down a greek armor outside of my room.

Why did this have to happen to me? :cry_sad: I don't want to die! I'm too pretty. I just want to go home to my dog...or kids...or wife. I don't remember anything before yesterday, but I just want to go home... please don't kill me!! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

vote: Lord Ash

Now now, there is no need to get hasty everyone. It seems we are having some problems on who is who; and since we have to know the person's physical appearance (OOC: Username) and name to vote them to be executed, there is only one feasible way to settle this.

When I wasn't executing enemies of the King back when he was alive, I was an avid card player, and one of the games we played was, well, almost exactly like this, called "Enemies of the King". There, we had a thing known as a "massclaim" - everyone would tell their roles, and if someone didn't the suspicion was usually shunted on them. Almost always they were one of the "enemies of the king". I know it may be crazy to apply something from a game to reality, but...I suggest we do a "massclaim". If others agree to this, then I say we should all tell who we are within a reasonable amount of time, aye? A few hours (OOC: Two days) sound good to anyone?

And just to clear it up for anyone just joining us - I am indeed Kyle, the executioner. Not that my job wouldn't just go to someone else if I was taken out, of course.

~ Calvin the Fisherman ~

Alright, let me reveal myself. I am Lord Ash. I was a good friend of the King, but lately he had been acting unusually, and seemed distracted. The morning after the Good King's death, I recieved word that one of the murderers was going to kill me next. Terrified, I enlisted the help of a simple fisherman. I hope that the good man will find this murderer soon, for surely he will try to kill me now that I have revealed myself. This is why I didn't reveal myself as a lord earlier, because I didn't want to give myself away to this murderer.

Now that I have, I fear for my safety, and I hope that I will survive the coming night. I'm sure that there are yet some honest men in this citadel, and I pray to the dragons that they will protect me from my murderer.

Live with it.

I've just received another note:

Your face is a live with it.

This is getting weird... :look:

You admit to being a thief to avoid being known for your true self, a murderer. Nice try, but there are some problems with that.

Claims of ambition? Don't make me laugh. You see, you may have guessed my name, but you are clearly unaware of my true position. I am the King's Advisor, the most powerful position in the kingdom! Or at least I was, before the traitors killed him.

What you fail to understand is that I already had all the power in the kingdom before he died. The king was old, but wise. He knew who he could trust and who he couldn't. I held his most trusted position, and as such, I was able to wield as much power as I wanted, in his name. We discussed matters, but he knew he was old and beginning to slip into madness, so he relied on me to guide him.

Look around you! Do you think this kingdom runs itself? Do you think his spoiled brats of children did the work? No, they just wanted his power. But you know that, since you helped at least one of them kill him.

You stole everything I had worked so hard to build, and you killed a good man. I can rebuild my power, but no one can bring back the King...

I am a hard worker and a good administrator regulator advisor. You, sir, are simply scum that creeps about in the night. You're probably the same one who attacked our loyal executioner and scared the willies out of Lord Hincklepants Sylvain.

You may have helped kill Lord Martin, but you will not take me down unchallenged!

VOTE: Calvin, Fisherman by day and assassin by night!

I've seen a lot in my time and I have to say this sounds a lot like someone who is trying to shift scrutiny away from themselves. If I had my wits about me, I'd say this guy's a traitor. What's that Lady Dolores? Oh right, I know. Lady Dolores agrees and says if she had investigating powers, she'd investigate him. I agree Lady Dolores, his speech did sound like that scum from Rome who convinced the Romans to kill the torturer. It is uncanny. Who? No, Lady Dolores, you're wrong there. He has no night actions. At least he didn't use any last night. Well, because I followed him, silly... I .... :hmpf_bad: Excuse me please. I'm having a private conversation with Lady Dolores.

Oh hello Kumquat! Of course you can join in. I'm having a private conversation with Lady Dolores and this invisible talking kumquat.

I've just received another note:

Your face is a live with it.

This is getting weird... :look:

(OOC: That was so unexpected I just snorted Ginger Beer. Not good at all! :laugh: And yes, it is the Australian variety, and has nothing to do with fornication...)

Lord Savril, great to see you with us! :sweet: Could you do an old wizard a kind favour and get me some food off that big table over there?

Oh, I just found a note too:

Lord Savril is a traitor.

Hmmm, that's funny, who could possibly have said that? :devil:

Now now my Lord, be nice, I'm sure he didn't mean to offend your rules.

Oh really?

No, but you shouldn't joke about these things, that's bad taste!

Who said I'm joking? :devil:

What?!

Let me see that note! You're a bad note, note! Why would you lie like that, note? I hope you burn! You're an ugly note, an ugly bad note!

I just got another note:

Lord Dragonator's is an ugly monkey-toothed butt face liar head jerk.

I know. :hmpf_bad:

What's that invisible kumquat? No, I didn't realize my name was an acronym for rivals... :look: ... :angry: Shut up invisible kumquat.

*fart*

What?!

Let me see that note! You're a bad note, note! Why would you lie like that, note? I hope you burn! You're an ugly note, an ugly bad note!

I just got another note:

Lord Dragonator's is an ugly monkey-toothed butt face liar head jerk.

I know. :hmpf_bad:

What's that invisible kumquat? No, I didn't realize my name was an acronym for rivals... :look: ... :angry: Shut up invisible kumquat.

*fart*

I knew I shouldn't have got him started, now that foul smell is back... :sick:

Man, I feel sorry for you my Lord, being called such a thing by a random note. I would hate to get stuck with that! :laugh:

Let me at him! :angry: He'll learn the hard way for that!

I didn't mean it my Lord! :oh3: Why don't we just burn the note and forget it ever existed? Nobody would ever have to know...

Good idea, and I'll burn this other one two :look: :

Lord Savril is a traitorous m*g@bl&^k!

These notes are really starting to stir up trouble aren't they?

Yeah, I think you should stop.

Me? He started it! :hmpf:

Why don't you go for a walk in the gardens, it would do you good.

Yeah, I'll go talk to Ragnir, at least a dragon would have something decent to say. We might even have time to play a game of stones! I love that game. :wub:

Edited by dragonator

I've seen a lot in my time and I have to say this sounds a lot like someone who is trying to shift scrutiny away from themselves. If I had my wits about me, I'd say this guy's a traitor. What's that Lady Dolores? Oh right, I know. Lady Dolores agrees and says if she had investigating powers, she'd investigate him.

Uh huh. Well it's a funny thing you should mention that, Lord Slappypants, because Calvin apparently does have a night job investigating people for Lord TinyPiesRUs Ash and he thinks I'm one of the least suspicious people here! So stick that in your noteholder and hold it, notingly. Kumquat breath! :angry:

Speaking of trying to divert blame, I think we all see what you did there, Lord Who-has-more-to-gain-from-this-then-most-of-the-rest-of-us. :hmpf_bad:

Talking to notes now? Bad note, is it? Ok...

Now I see why your father used to say you were a little queer. :oh3::laugh:

HA! :tongue:

I have an urgent report for the Lord Dragonator! As part of my duties as a Guard of the Keep, during my patrol this morning I noticed an overpowering smell of fish in the corridor outside of the General's Quarters... What could this mean sire?

/salute

I have an urgent report for the Lord Dragonator! As part of my duties as a Guard of the Keep, during my patrol this morning I noticed an overpowering smell of fish in the corridor outside of the General's Quarters... What could this mean sire?

/salute

Well don't tell me, I don't care, go tell those people inside. Can't you see I'm busy?

Now Dragonator, don't get angry with the pesky human guards, they're only doing their job.

Yes, but I'm in the middle of a very important game, and don't want to be disturbed. Fred, go tell someone that cares, like Majiko.

You meany, just because your losing. :tongue:

Shut it Ragnir! :angry:

Mmmm... :cry_sad:

Oh you know I didn't mean it. Look you've almost one already. That makes up for my win last week.

Yes, I guess so. :cry_happy: A tie-breaker? :wink:

Why not? :sweet:

Lord Dragonator and Ragnir happily set up the board again, leaving Fred the soldier to wander back into the Grand Hall to make his report.