gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Yep, in Aus, hollisbrick.

Apparently they're in Target as well.

For Aussies, I saw the toys r us catalogue last night (sale starts tomorrow) and they have the 6212 x-wing in stock and for just $60, plus they have the episode one republic cruiser on sale for about the third time at $120. Also I think today is the last day of k-mart's 15% off sale.

edit update: I went to my local toys r us (Adelaide) and the sale has started, all 6212s gone, and you just know it's people looking to re-sell them at inflated prices later, not really in the spirit of "play well".

Edited by hewman

For Aussies, I saw the toys r us catalogue last night (sale starts tomorrow) and they have the 6212 x-wing in stock and for just $60, plus they have the episode one republic cruiser on sale for about the third time at $120. Also I think today is the last day of k-mart's 15% off sale.

edit update: I went to my local toys r us (Adelaide) and the sale has started, all 6212s gone, and you just know it's people looking to re-sell them at inflated prices later, not really in the spirit of "play well".

ARE YOU SERISOUS :oh::oh3::oh: ............xwing 6212..........ONLY..........$60...........[Faints on floor] OMGosh

If i find a X-wing i will be overjoyed.............THANK YOU HEWMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

[Hope they have atleast 1 left.....JUST 1 also Sorry for the all caps]

ARE YOU SERISOUS :oh::oh3::oh: ............xwing 6212..........ONLY..........$60...........[Faints on floor] OMGosh

If i find a X-wing i will be overjoyed.............THANK YOU HEWMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

[Hope they have atleast 1 left.....JUST 1 also Sorry for the all caps]

100% serious. Also, that's why it annoys me that re-sellers grab them all, because they've taken away the opportunity for someoene with this much enthusiasm about a set to get one at the retailer's price.

100% serious. Also, that's why it annoys me that re-sellers grab them all, because they've taken away the opportunity for someoene with this much enthusiasm about a set to get one at the retailer's price.

Did you ask the staff if they had any out the back or check on the top shelves? Often with sale stock it won't go out all at once, so if the first lot sells out, they'll put another wave out there.

Anyway, $60 is not that great a sale price since TRU retailed at $69.99 to start with. I realise this is poor consolation for you hewman but I'd be surprised if it was snapped up all by resellers when the discount isn't that huge over the original retail price... just my thoughts.

Did you ask the staff if they had any out the back or check on the top shelves? Often with sale stock it won't go out all at once, so if the first lot sells out, they'll put another wave out there.

Anyway, $60 is not that great a sale price since TRU retailed at $69.99 to start with. I realise this is poor consolation for you hewman but I'd be surprised if it was snapped up all by resellers when the discount isn't that huge over the original retail price... just my thoughts.

Oh I'm not annoyed for me, I was just having a look, I have two myself, I was feeling more for the other buyers out there. Yeah but even $70 is a good price as it is only available at lego shop at home, and then you have to factor in $30+ for shipping of just one set and lego don't ship withthe best packaging.

There weren't any on the storage shelves above, I do hope there are some available for others and I hope a few fans here managed to get their hands on one or two.

I noticed that too in the TRU catalogue.....just not sure if i still want it as most of those figs should be in the new DS 10188 set (assumption). Maybe i will swing by tomorrow and see if they have any in stock.

Well the staff it seems dont want to talk to customers more like pretend they're busy and avoid people :hmpf_bad::wacko: but yea once you track one down and tackle him/her Errr i mean once you find a person usualy they know nothing so you have to ask to the manager, Also they should probable get rid of the "Can We Help You?" on the back of their shirts lol. :wacko::hmpf_bad::hmpf:

Anyway im just glad its at retail again, i would pay $80-$90 or at the most $100 to get one [My friend got one when they first came out] it looks magnificant if i do get my hands on 1 i mite be shopping at BL aswell i have an idea for a Imperial Black/Blue xwing :wub:

I walked into TRU Garden City went to the Lego Section there was 3 X-Wings left + lots of Republic Cruisers [Or whatever they're called] :wub::wub: So i bought 1 yess im so happy!

And BigW had the new Batman sets, Batman vs Mr.Freeze was $16.88, batman vs harley quin was $46 [i think thats the right name sorry not that big on batman] and the penguin set was $26 i think.

Also i checked the price for the roof/wheels/windows sets they are $20 at Mr.Toys Toyworld

Just like to say Thanks again to hewman- without that post i probable wouldve never gotten my X-Wing :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy:

I walked into TRU Garden City went to the Lego Section there was 3 X-Wings left + lots of Republic Cruisers [Or whatever they're called] :wub::wub: So i bought 1 yess im so happy!

Just like to say Thanks again to hewman- without that post i probable wouldve never gotten my X-Wing :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy:

Dammit Darth_Legois! Now you've made me want one too! NOOOOOOO!

In other news, the K-Mart big toy sale starts in 21 days. Start saving! I bet this is when most of the second half of year stock will hit all at once - hopefully including Star Wars :wub:

Dammit Darth_Legois! Now you've made me want one too! NOOOOOOO!

In other news, the K-Mart big toy sale starts in 21 days. Start saving! I bet this is when most of the second half of year stock will hit all at once - hopefully including Star Wars :wub:

LOL sorry :tongue: its just to BEAUTIFUL :tongue: i would take pics but camera is broken [What else are sisters for besides braking your stuff? :hmpf_bad: ] Im going to go build it now.

Meh nothing realy that i would get from the Kmart sale........

I've got the TRU catalogue as well and I was really suprised they even had the old X-wing back in stock, let alone at such a great price. BigW and Kmart are both launching their big mid-year toy sales in exactly 3 weeks too.

This time of year is just so exciting for Lego bargains, especially the super-huge sets, I absolutely love it. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if Kmart got all of the new sets in, there would be too much to buy!

I keep up to-date on catalogues via Lasoo.com.au. It's very useful for when your street doesn't receive a mail-out. I think us Aussies should have a dedicated thread when the sales start, we love Lego just as much as anyone else, and it's always fun sharing local info :D

Edit: Aww, just saw the updated info in hewmans post. I hope there's some left in Brisbane TRU's :(. Don't forget about the red Republic Cruiser though, it's an absolutely wonderful set.

Edited by radiant7

I've got the TRU catalogue as well and I was really suprised they even had the old X-wing back in stock, let alone at such a great price. BigW and Kmart are both launching their big mid-year toy sales in exactly 3 weeks too.

This time of year is just so exciting for Lego bargains, especially the super-huge sets, I absolutely love it. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if Kmart got all of the new sets in, there would be too much to buy!

I keep up to-date on catalogues via Lasoo.com.au. It's very useful for when your street doesn't receive a mail-out. I think us Aussies should have a dedicated thread when the sales start, we love Lego just as much as anyone else, and it's always fun sharing local info :D

Edit: Aww, just saw the updated info in hewmans post. I hope there's some left in Brisbane TRU's :(. Don't forget about the red Republic Cruiser though, it's an absolutely wonderful set.

Where abouts in Brisbane do you live man? cos Garden City TRU had 2 left last nite

Yea i think it was a hard choice for me i knew sales were coming up but i decided to get the x-wing anyway and im not regreting anything yet lol :wink:

Where abouts in Brisbane do you live man? cos Garden City TRU had 2 left last nite

Yea i think it was a hard choice for me i knew sales were coming up but i decided to get the x-wing anyway and im not regreting anything yet lol :wink:

I live at Nundah, so the Aspley TRU is closest to me :). It's an epic journey getting there by bus directly though, so I plan on going into the city then getting a bus back out to Aspley next time I go. Last time I was there in late April, they also had heaps of the 2007 Y-Wings for $40. I picked one up when I got my Republic Cruiser.

I live on th Gold Coast! My closest TRU is at Pacific fair which is 40 minutes away :hmpf_bad:

Found the Hentai Fortress for $34.98 @ TRU today (US)!!

I was thinking it might be a great set to MOC with all those orange pieces into a quasi-HQ for the Villains from Agents...at least until the Volcano comes out. The shelf price was $44.98 and I felt it was a deal, but then I took the box up to the register and he asked for $34.98 and I was shocked.

Awesome!!

But New Zealand gets it's own thread!. The mid-year Australian toy sales really are huge, and I think they deserve a temporary thread for the event, especially as the new sets (ie. MM, Coast Guard, etc.) will be appearing very soon.

I didn't say you can't, but I can't see a topic for each location working; it would push general sales to page two and I don't think there really is much to discuss in regard to sales. Once the information has been posted what can one say but stuff like "Great deal", "wow I'm going"... and I can't see the point having 20 topics filled up with that.

But feel free to create a topic for the mid year sales. I'm looking forward to them too! :sweet:

Found the Hentai Fortress for $34.98 @ TRU today (US)!!

Now that would make a great set...

1_Hentai_fonds_girl.jpg

Italy: from June 23rd to July 6th, Bennet has 7723 Police SeaPlane / Pontoon Plane on sale for 19.90 Euro.

Now that would make a great set...

1_Hentai_fonds_girl.jpg

:thumbup:

I was wondering if someone was gonna catch that... :cry_happy:

As reported elsewhere, the DS 10188 is now available for preorder for $AUS400.

This makes the sale season easier, as I know what I'm looking more forward to now :tongue:

Italy:

From June 30th to July 12th / 13th, Iper will have 7726 Coast guard truck with speed boat 20% off (19,90€ instead of 24,90)

Italy:

From June 30th to July 12th / 13th, Iper will have 7726 Coast guard truck with speed boat 20% off (19,90€ instead of 24,90)

Isn't this the Australian sales topic? :tongue:

shop at home now the 10187 for 119,99 euro

yessssssss i love volkswagen

...and $150 AUD! :oh: Has TLG at last checked the exchange rates of something? :tongue:

yessssssss i love volkswagen

There is a wide variation in prices throughout Europe. Its only 109,99 euro in Ireland (for the second time in a row (after Death Star) we've the cheapest price in eurozone), yet in France its 149,99. Ouch.

David