Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Game and Index

NOW WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE! It seems that dragonator will allow us to just say, "vote: <username>" without saying what character that is. That defeats the whole point of the game to me, and I think you just said you agreed. :wacko:

Wanna take me to dinner? :sweet:

No no no no no no! You need to know which player is playing which character before you vote! :sing: Right, try this.

There is a player on EB called Dragons-are-awesome. He is playing the character called Bob. Nobody know this. This means dragon-slayer, another character, cannot vote for him, as he does not know his character.

Nor can Dragons-are-awesome vote for Ragnir, another character, as he does not know who is playing that character.

For dragon-slayer to be able to vote for Dragons-are-awesome, he must first find out what character he is playing, or vice versa. Therefore when Dragons-are-awesome finds out that dragon-slayer is playing the character of Mark the dragonslayer, he can vote for him, but dragon-slayer cannot vote back.

So basically, to vote for someone, you have to be able to say Vote: dragon-slayer (Mark the dragonslayer). You cannot just say Vote: dragon-slayer or Vote: Mark the dragonslayer, as you need to know who he is playing/who is playing the character.

Get it? That is what I've been saying all along... I think... :wacko:

You know I'm just as cnfused as you are, but lets go with that shall we. :grin:

Get it? That is what I've been saying all along... I think... :wacko:

You know I'm just as cnfused as you are, but lets go with that shall we. :grin:

I don't care if we're all confused, as long as it's clear now.

Ok, so, explain that again... :tongue:

I get it, really.

What you meant to put in the rules was:

To vote, one needs to: VOTE <character> and <username>

Would that have been so complicated? :laugh:

I don't care if we're all confused, as long as it's clear now.

Ok, so, explain that again... :tongue:

I get it, really.

What you meant to put in the rules was:

To vote, one needs to: VOTE <character> and <username>

Would that have been so complicated? :laugh:

:blush: Well... ah...hmmm...hey look, a flying Staudie!

*runs away quickly*

I'll just go put that in the other thread now shall I... :grin: Just so nobody gets confused, we wouldn't want that...

Wait! No! Your wrong! Haha! HAHAHA!!! It should say Vote: <username> (<character>)!!!! AHAHAHA!!!!!

Ahem. :tongue:

:blush: Well... ah...hmmm...hey look, a flying Staudie!

*runs away quickly*

I'll just go put that in the other thread now shall I... :grin: Just so nobody gets confused, we wouldn't want that...

Wait! No! Your wrong! Haha! HAHAHA!!! It should say Vote: <username> (<character>)!!!! AHAHAHA!!!!!

Ahem. :tongue:

I'm beginning to think that the whole castle is being flooded with some kind of madness inducing gas.

Oh, hello flying Staudie. Shouldn't you be getting a show ready?

I forgot. :sceptic:

Well, some things never change, even in this crazy world.

*camera fades*

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Whoa.

I can see not being able to vote for the character until we know the username. But not being able to vote for the username until we know the character takes the fun out of it. Someone could just refuse to reveal their character for the whole game to keep from being killed. :hmpf:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Whoa.

I can see not being able to vote for the character until we know the username. But not being able to vote for the username until we know the character takes the fun out of it. Someone could just refuse to reveal their character for the whole game to keep from being killed. :hmpf:

In which case I would just give them away for you. :wink:

Actually, I do see where your coming from. In fact, I think that's exactly what I was trying to say to start with. This discussion has just become so confusing. :wacko:

You know, I like this idea better, lets just change back to that shall we and forget this whole conversation ever happened. :grin:

Right so:

You may vote for a player, but not a character unless you know which player that character is. Does that make sense? I hope so...

In which case I would just give them away for you. :wink:

Actually, I do see where your coming from. In fact, I think that's exactly what I was trying to say to start with. This discussion has just become so confusing. :wacko:

You know, I like this idea better, lets just change back to that shall we and forget this whole conversation ever happened. :grin:

Right so:

You may vote for a player, but not a character unless you know which player that character is. Does that make sense? I hope so...

Remind me to kick your collective megablocks in any game that involves the process of elimination and deductive reasoning sometime, ok? :hmpf:

And no, it does not makes sense. If you vote for a character because you know who the user is, you're just voting for the user. There is no reward for actually trying to apply logic and figure things out that way.

Geez. The point is to either force people to reveal themselves (which has happened so far), figure it out by logic (also happened so far), OR wait for the wizard to reveal it (he's an old blabber).

You two were almost making sense for a minute... clearly the castle gas got to you again. Now we're back to my original point.

Might as well just reveal who is playing what right from the start. There is no advantage to hiding it this way, it'll actually be harder. Night actions are not a good reason either, even a lowly character could have a powerful night move when used at the right opportunity.

:sing: Aint it funny how the night moves... When you just dont seem to have as much to lose... :sing:

The gas... it's getting to me.

Remind me to kick your collective megablocks in any game that involves the process of elimination and deductive reasoning sometime, ok? :hmpf:

And no, it does not makes sense. If you vote for a character because you know who the user is, you're just voting for the user. There is no reward for actually trying to apply logic and figure things out that way.

Geez. The point is to either force people to reveal themselves (which has happened so far), figure it out by logic (also happened so far), OR wait for the wizard to reveal it (he's an old blabber).

You two were almost making sense for a minute... clearly the castle gas got to you again. Now we're back to my original point.

Might as well just reveal who is playing what right from the start. There is no advantage to hiding it this way, it'll actually be harder. Night actions are not a good reason either, even a lowly character could have a powerful night move when used at the right opportunity.

:sing: Aint it funny how the night moves... When you just dont seem to have as much to lose... :sing:

The gas... it's getting to me.

OK OK, take a breather mate, we need to clear the air.

As the game moderator I will make this decision final. We shall go with Shadows idea in which you must know both the character and the username to vote. However this will not apply to night actions. If your not happy with this, then go play somewhere else, and may you be eaten by a dragon!

Happy now? I won't change what I said in the other thread, as otherwise we will be going in circles. You two will just have to learn to agree and accept these rules. :classic:

God, I sound like an Admin now (no offence meant Hinckley :devil: ), just get on with the game! :tongue:

EDIT: Oh yes, and I wouldn't go threatening my megablocks if I were you, your process of elimination and deductive reasoning doesn't stand a chance against the combined might of a whole family of dragons! :devil:

Edited by dragonator

Happy now? I won't change what I said in the other thread, as otherwise we will be going in circles. You two will just have to learn to agree and accept these rules. :classic:

God, I sound like an Admin now (no offence Hinckley :devil: ), just get on with the game! :tongue:

Now I'll always wonder just which way you really intended it to be. I'm not even sure you know. :grin:

I actually think the game will smooth out once a) everyone shows the hell up, b) we kill someone and make a full day cycle.

He's right Hinck, we have to learn to agree. I think we should vote him off before he flip-flops again. Agreed? :devil:

Now I'll always wonder just which way you really intended it to be. I'm not even sure you know. :grin:

I actually think the game will smooth out once a) everyone shows the hell up, b) we kill someone and make a full day cycle.

He's right Hinck, we have to learn to agree. I think we should vote him off before he flip-flops again. Agreed? :devil:

Ah...

Damn I hate it when these things backfire... :tongue:

Wait, I meant:

I knew exactly what it should be like from the start. I just wanted to see how you would react to it. Yes. That's right. :sceptic:

You will regret this day when my dragons come for you... :devil:

I find that mafia games are usually more about psychology, rather than discovering the exact situation and role. The easiest way to tell scum from a townie is by seeing their reactions to an event, seeing how suspicious their posts are, and so on.

So, to clarify ( :tongue: ), we have to say the player's name and their character, but we can still just say the player's name and their character will subsequently be revealed?

Personally, I think it would be alot simpler to just be able to say the player's name. :blush:

Playing your cards too early in these games can prove fatal. Ask Tiny Pies :laugh:

:hmpf_bad:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

:hmpf_bad:

Heck with this game, it isn't going anywhere yet, we've got time. :tongue:

How about you tell us all about that face you just made. In detail. The whole thing, from the beginning. :grin:

Heck with this game, it isn't going anywhere yet, we've got time. :tongue:

How about you tell us all about that face you just made. In detail. The whole thing, from the beginning. :grin:

I'm not sure what your talking about, but if you're suggesting we start up a thread devoted to emoticon analysis, I'm in! :sweet:

I'm not sure what your talking about, but if you're suggesting we start up a thread devoted to emoticon analysis, I'm in! :sweet:

I'm talking about this:

Playing your cards too early in these games can prove fatal. Ask Tiny Pies :laugh: or the deputy from the Western Mafia game.

:wink:

I'm talking about this:

I see. :laugh:

Well, in the Roman Mafia game, I revealed myself as the government torturer after investigating and discovering that Hinckley was scum. Now, on any other website, the players would've taken my word for it and killed him, but this lot on EB are extremely paranoid, and always seem to trust the scum. :tongue: So after about 3 days of rambling, Hinckley managed to turn the town against me and I was killed. Bear in mind that had I been successful in killing Hinckley, it would essentially be confirmed that I was a member of the town, and thus never voted for the rest of the game, and have a bodyguard protect me at night, so it wasn't all that bad of a move. I think it rweally came down to my poor debating skills, really :blush:

I'm not sure what Hinckley means by ricecracker's case though, if anything, he played his cards too late. Out of nowhere, the town decided to lynch him, and after about 4 votes against him (6 votes to lynch) he revealed his role. Upon learning this, two of the bandits then voted against him, killing him. Had he revealed his role earlier, perhaps he could've prevented votes from the town.

If that made no sense whatsoever, here's a link to the Mafia Index, providing links to all of the previous mafia games. :wink:

I see. :laugh:

That was great, thanks for recapping those classic moments!

Hinckley is scum, everyone at EB is paranoid and always trusts the scum, huh? I'll be sure to hold on to that little quote in case we ever get in a debate. I'm sure I could turn a few votes with it. :laugh:

*makes a note to get into a debate with TinyPies... SOON!* :grin:

you guys crack me up... so much confusion, :wacko::wacko::wacko:

im not even playing and lost in the rules of voting...

i just thought i would like to one of the first true audience to come along and state something...

I am enjoying this greatly, it is like sitting down with a good book, only its not completely written yet, the fact it jumps in and out of story makes it all the more entertaining, please do not stop shadows audience they add humor and variety, as for Hinckleys constant amnesia it confused me, i thought he was actually confused...

i eagerly await seeing who is killed first...

Dragonator, is it possible to add a 'voice over' character that they may use to help narrate the proceedings and clearly identify their actions (only those they want obviously)

eg

NAR: Hinckley was still lying on the ground with concussion because the Doctor was to busy chasing the maid and the priest to drunk to notice...

just a thought...

keep up the great story

Murder mystery ON!

You're doing a great job with the game, dragonator. May I suggest the day end after someone is convicted? It will make the game move much faster. Thanks. I'm having fun :sweet:

You're doing a great job with the game, dragonator. May I suggest the day end after someone is convicted? It will make the game move much faster. Thanks. I'm having fun :sweet:

Yes, good point. Could you please close the topic once I post the day-end post? Thanks, and glad you are enjoying it.

As a note, if the day ends early then the added time will go into the night, as otherwise I wont jave time to build all the necessary scenery! I've got some cool things planned, as long as I can find the time...

Yes, good point. Could you please close the topic once I post the day-end post? Thanks, and glad you are enjoying it.

As a note, if the day ends early then the added time will go into the night, as otherwise I wont jave time to build all the necessary scenery! I've got some cool things planned, as long as I can find the time...

No problem. Longer nights are okay. Thanks! :sweet:

Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with, and thanks for running the game :classic:

Now, I wonder what the night will bring.. :skull:

Thanks everyone for your comments and criticisms, it has really helped me to make this game fun for everyone! :sweet:

Day 2 will be up in just over 48 hours or so, so be on the look out! I have some nice scenes planed, we'll just see whether I have time to make them a reality. :laugh: My secretary tells me I'm going to be very busy this weekend... :look:

Great game so far Dragonator, i'm really having fun, thanks for doing it, even if Hinckely is doing that thing he does

:tongue:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

im dead :cry_sad: if only you guys would belive me

first i wrongly die in roman game

now i wrongly die in mystery castle