Clonecommando007

Eurobricks Clone Wars Building Contest

First of all, it's called a vignette, not a vintage.

Number two: it's a contest! Like the elflands contest. So, you're MEANT to post your final vignette or bignette.

That's a good question! But yes; it will be free, unless you go over your alloted prize limit, then you will have to pay for the extra and the shipping.

Maybe you should read this first...

I got another question: is the overhang maximum exact to one stud or can be it be approximately one stud? For example, SNOT detail and greebling can't really measure to EXACTLY one stud.

Edited by Axel

do we pay for postage and handlig?

If you won't exceed your prize limit, I suppose you won't have to.

I got another question: is the overhang maximum exact to one stud or can be it be approximately one stud? For example, SNOT detail and greebling can't really measure to EXACTLY one stud.

You can, if you place a 1x2 plate or brick on 1 stud at the edge of your 8x8 base, you can measure it.

Edited by DarthPineapple

Question: If we want to use a MOC that is in the proccess of being built (I.E. Idea finished, building started) can we use them, or will they be disqualified for the bignette? Also, is it against the rules to build a new version of an old MOC for the contest? ( like a starfighter or something, but improved or in a different color /ect.?) Thanks! I am really looking forward to this!

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

You can, if you place a 1x2 plate or brick on 1 stud at the edge of your 8x8 base, you can measure it.

Yeah, but SNOT and greebling won't measure exact to one stud. I'll post an example picture later to show what I mean.

Yeah, but SNOT and greebling won't measure exact to one stud. I'll post an example picture later to show what I mean.

It doesn't really matter. The rule is up to one stud, of course it doesn't have to be exactly one stud! You just build whatever you want to, as long as it isn't a direct violation of the rules then there shouldn't be any problems. For example if you have a flower stalk sitting on a stud right next to the edge, then that is perfectly fine. The "one stud" rule is simply to stop people from building huge creations balanced on an 8x8 plate and then calling it a vignette. :classic:

So if I have a bit of wall greebling it would be alright? Also, if I'm using those hinge pieces for,say, a blaster cannon or a satelitte dish thing, and it 'dips' over the side, that's alright as wel?

So if I have a bit of wall greebling it would be alright? Also, if I'm using those hinge pieces for,say, a blaster cannon or a satelitte dish thing, and it 'dips' over the side, that's alright as wel?

As long as it's one stud hanging ( just get a 1 x 4 plate and measure it that way)

And the one stud hang min. is like when a plate hangs off 1 stud.

Also I have a question....

How long does the contest prize last? A month, a year?

Question: If my vig/big is on the right sized plate, can I have a large vehicle overlapping the borders, maybe a vehicle about 1 ft. 2 inches?

Oh, and in case anyone knows, as my brother(a CABG member) informs me 007 is gone for a week so don't get impatient. :wink:

Question: If my vig/big is on the right sized plate, can I have a large vehicle overlapping the borders, maybe a vehicle about 1 ft. 2 inches?

Well, obviously not on the vignette, but since you can make the bignette as big as you want, you can make it as large as you need it to be to fit the vehicle on it!

Could somebody please tell me if the bignette needs to be square and how much is allowed to hang over the side (trees etc.)? :blush:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Since I found out about this contest I've made 3 vignettes. I need input as to which one to submit.

1. Attack on Ilum (CW Chapters 14-16)

2. Elevator with GG dashing down (CW Chapter 24)

3. Uphill battle (from the new CW trailer and 2 min leaked scene)

I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

-S-

Since I found out about this contest I've made 3 vignettes. I need input as to which one to submit.

-S-

Well, its a competition so pick the best one, and dont let too much at of the bag as far as what you have made, it may end up copied :wacko: .

Well, obviously not on the vignette, but since you can make the bignette as big as you want, you can make it as large as you need it to be to fit the vehicle on it!

Could somebody please tell me if the bignette needs to be square and how much is allowed to hang over the side (trees etc.)? :blush:

Bignette is just a fancy way of saying any size you want. It could be a circle, a triangle, a dodecahedron... anything! As there is no size limit then you can have whatever you like hanging over the edges. :classic:

-S-

Idk... They all sound so good, especially the last two! :sweet: Are you using custom minifigs for the aliens in these scenes?

And what leaked 2 minute scene are you talking about?! :wacko: Can you provide a link? PLEASE? :sing:

Since we don't know what they look like, I can't tell you which one to submit. :blush: Perhaps it would be good if you would post some pics of them. :look: I don't think anyone will steal your idea, especially not your design of these particular scenes. :hmpf: In fact, once you decide on one, the other two might be an inspiration to the other contestants! :wink: Besides, posting about what you will submit, is like calling dibs on that scene. :hmpf_bad: I was thinking about posting my entry in here to get some feedback before I officially submit it myself, but I won't. I want it to be a surprise! :grin: I can tell you, though, that it's a scene from the old cartoon show as well! :sweet:

CW cartoons ON! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

-S-

I AM interested in these, especially the last one. With all the tanks going on the wall, it would probably be prettty hard to emulate that particular scene. I, too, agree that your ideas would not be copied; with all the variety of scenes, it would be close to impossible for someone to pick the same scene and build it in the same way as you. In any case, if someone does copy your work, we would have the proof right here, in this topic.

As Oky Wan would say:

CW Cartoons ON!

:cry_happy: Wow, all these replies are amazing! Now, the 2 min leaked scene was from SW weekends on Youtube, but it was removed within 24 hrs. In it Ani and Ashoka need to scale a spire-like mountain with Clonetroopers and AT-TE's. They go straight UP. The camera angle eventually turns to a "sideways" view. It's pretty cool, some snippets are in the trailer. I originally wanted the front "face" of the AT-TE to be the base but it's way too wide.

Yes, I do have some purist alien Jedi in the other two scenes. Pics will be coming on SIMAFOL's flickr. Just 1 of each.

-S-

:cry_happy: Wow, all these replies are amazing! Now, the 2 min leaked scene was from SW weekends on Youtube, but it was removed within 24 hrs. In it Ani and Ashoka need to scale a spire-like mountain with Clonetroopers and AT-TE's. They go straight UP. The camera angle eventually turns to a "sideways" view. It's pretty cool, some snippets are in the trailer. I originally wanted the front "face" of the AT-TE to be the base but it's way too wide.

Yes, I do have some purist alien Jedi in the other two scenes. Pics will be coming on SIMAFOL's flickr. Just 1 of each.

-S-

Oh no! Simafol is on EB now! I'm going to get my butt kicked. Good. I hope I get 4th! :tongue:

Just finished my vignette! Can't wait to start posting.

Awwww :angry: i did the whole up hill thing :sing: !! o well, :sadnew:

Don't worry. If you already made it, submit it if you feel it meets your merits. Mine has too many colors and I don't think I'm going with it. Have confidence in your FINISHED works, not arrogance in what you COULD do.

I missed out on the clone battle packs so I had to use what I had. I reckon they turned out better than the clones you get with the battle pack anyway. :classic:

Lets just hope I don't get in trouble from the judges. :sceptic:

Goody goody...

My brother has been working on this AWESOME little Seperatist bunker thing called Project 13. It will be my bignette entry, and it has several other platforms and a particularly large vehicle to go with it. :grin:

You'll have to wait to find out what Project 13 is, though... :oh:

ok, mines all set, and both the vig and the big are finished, and pics are taken. My vig is very simple: Its General Greivous when Count Dooku purposely crashed the generals ship when he was Kaleesh, and not a robot. Count Dooku did this to mortally wound the general, and pretend it was an accident, and help Grevious so he would be the droid general.

My big is more interesting and comlicated: Its the battle of Jabiim when Obi Wan was thought to die there. Many jedi and padawans were involved and killed, as well as clones. The dispute was natural resources that the Seps were thrying to take. Now, some natives unwillingly agreed in order not to be killed, while others rebelled. it was a civil war, so the Jedi and Republic stepped in and tried to defeat the seps without losing the planet. Obi wan and Anakin were there, but Anakin thought Obi to be dead. so the remaining clones and jedi pulled out. This was also the time when ani learned to force choke.

(The reference for both of these MOCs is the book Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide by Ryder Winham (great author who has done many Star Wars and Indiana Jones books) published in 2005

Both vig and big are ready and pictured! :thumbup:

They are both non-canon, just so everyone knows. :wink:

Vig: The re-capturing by an SBD of the plans for Seperatist Project 13 stolen by the Republic.

Big: The search for the mysterious hidden Project 13 by an A-10 Juggernaut and its destruction. The Seps were using Project 13 to attack Republic Forces from a distance. It was hidden and even the Seperatists couldn't find it thanks to Project 13's jammers so they crashed a Droid Starfighter nearby to have it stand out to them but look inconspicuous to the Republic.

P.S. Project 13 is a super-powered laser which destroys the Juggernaut in the story, but the clones inside destroy. I used the baseplate provided in the Temple of the Crystal Skull! :grin:

P.P.S. The vig takes place before Geonosis when Dooku was still planning the war.

P.P.P.S. And I thought I'd mention that the vig overlaps the edges by one stud. :grin:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

I missed out on the clone battle packs so I had to use what I had. I reckon they turned out better than the clones you get with the battle pack anyway. :classic:

Lets just hope I don't get in trouble from the judges. :sceptic:

If your MOC is non-cannon and perhaps even takes place on a new planet, you could just say that they are a special kind of clones with different armor, specified to fit the conditions of the planet, like the Kashyyk troopers! :wink:

I have to say, I'm getting kind of intimidated right now. :sceptic: All of you guys' bignettes sound so good, I don't know if I can even create anything worthy of competing with yours :cry_sad: especially since I'm leaving for vacation soon and will only have a few days to make something when I return! :sing: Oh well, I'll do what I can...