Shadows

EB News Presents: Klaus-Dieter

Welcome to another rip roar'n, bronco bust'n, six gun shoot'n, somethin' or other'n... I can't do this. :hmpf:

I really hate these theme episodes. :angry:

Take 2!

Look, you know who I am, I know who you are. You watch the show or I turn those pics over to your wife. Got it?

Take 3!

Do you suffer from dry, flaky scalp? Of course you do, unless you're some kind of sicko who would enjoy that...

Take 4!

Welcome to EB News Presents! This evening Staudie is going to dress up like a fool and interview some poor sucker he drags off the street. I don't know why you people even watch, but hey, it's your lives and it pays me well enough to afford this cape. :sceptic:

Take 5!

Staudie! Get out here!

What is it boss?

Who are we interviewing?

Interviewing? I knew I forgot something. :blush:

I do all the work around here. :angry: Ok, pull around to the stage door and I'll be out in a minute. We'll go find someone.

It looks like we're going to be doing this live tonight, so come with me, and you can learn all about the exciting world of tv journalism. Or whatever it is we do here.

2508531174_0dcd916e25.jpg

Oh good, another excited guest.

2507704727_424952b6f3.jpg

I'll stop him!

2507705023_519aaaf9ec.jpg

Best part of the show so far. Looks like I'll have to take care of this personally.

2507705275_6c5bf4e507.jpg

*Shadows fires up the EB News tractor beam, or in this case, covered-wagon beam*

2508532182_10675b2df2.jpg

Might as well pull over, we have you now.

2508532306_f82c3013da.jpg

is this how you people get your 'guests'?

No, usually we have to fight them off. Well, at least one of them...

2507705759_56572405d9.jpg

Shut up and start the interview, ok? :hmpf:

2508532618_860d5cbf83.jpg

Q. WHERE ARE THE STAR WARS MINIFIGS HIDING?

A. I don’t know. Which Star Wars minifigs?! What is Star Wars?! I only have my gun. But I didn’t know that you can shoot the stars with it – and then they shoot back. Strange, very strange!

Q. Why the Name Klaus-Dieter? Are you Santa on a diet? And what is your Sig-Fig?

A. No, I’m not Santa on a diet. I chose the name Klaus-Dieter firstly that everybody immediately sees where I come from (if it was or is a good idea I don’t know) and secondly there is a reason you can read in my introduction here on EB. It would take too much time to tell that to you – you would fall asleep. My sig-fig is the outlaw which is named Klaus-Dieter and which you can find in the great signature TheBrickster has designed.

Q. How long have you collected lego?

A. I don’t know exactly. I have been playing and building with Lego since … let’s say about my fifth birthday. And around the age of 12 I bought some – mainly little – sets which do now only exist in parts and incompletely. Really collecting Lego I started in summer 2001. The first set I bought was Ninja’s Stronghold. After that I mainly bought Star Wars sets and in the last years many old City and old Castle sets from eBay and some current City sets.

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?

A. That’s a very difficult question since I like many Lego sets. But I think my three favourite sets I own are Gold City Junction, Town Plan and the Paradisa Villa.

Paradisa, represent!

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?

A. That’s again a very difficult question since I like City, Castle (but only until the year 2000), Western and Star Wars. But the most important one for me – where I own the most sets, too (mainly old sets) – is City.

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. The best moment I had in the whole time with Lego until now was when I saw the picture of 10188 Town Plan and decided to save my money for it and buy it and then received and built it.

A lovely, lovely set! :wub:

Q. And, for that matter your best EB moment?

A. The best moment on EB until now was when I received the little Chess King promotional set from Copmike from the Impulse Contest because somebody (regrettably don’t know his/her name now) gave off his/her prize so I did receive it.

Q. How do you think TLC is fairing in 08'?

A. My opinion is with two columns: In the City theme TLG is doing very well – the great CG sets, the post sets (I only miss a post office – but hopefully we’ll perhaps get one next year), the Truck With Forklift and the nice little Impulse sets are great. In the Star Wars theme I’m really disappointed of TLG since – how it seems to look like now – I as only OT collector am only getting two sets (Rebel Scout Speeder and DS) and furthermore the DS will be very expensive. That makes me a bit angry that TLG does look at the wishes of OT fans this year only very little. But there, too, I hope that we perhaps get more OT sets next year since it’ll be 10 years Lego SW.

The best development TLG at the moment is doing is hearing what their fans want – and as a result we hopefully may get some Wild West sets in the future which would be absolutely amazing!

Q. How do you think EB News is Fairing in 08'?

A. I think EB News is doing very well in 2008 – we had pics of the summer City sets very early and the information of new sets is mostly firstly at EB – that’s great!

That's not really us, we're just fluff and interviews... :blush:

Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce in the near future?

A. Many, many new sets! But to do not annoy you with a list of the size of several pages I limit on my most important wishes: For the SW theme I’d like to see an Endor bunker, Endor BPs and Hoth BPs. For the Castle theme I’d like to see something similar to 10188 Town Plan but in Castle style (an inn, a farm, a blacksmith shop, medieval citizens, a carriage, …). For the Wild West theme I’d like to see a train with station, a saloon and a stagecoach with post office. For the City theme I’d like to see a post office, a bank, a security transport car, a train cargo loading station and some shops.

Q. Have you ever been to a EB Event?

A. No, regrettably I have never been to an EB Event. But firstly I’m firstly member since a good year and secondly I’m studying at university so I won’t have time and money to travel afar. But after my traineeship I of course want to go to an EB Event, too.

Q. Can we see your lair?

A. Yes, of course. Drive three miles further, then through the canyon and then you’ll see a cave of a bear on the left side – there I live, together with the bear which protects me against all these outlaws and bandits. But from time to time I must take care, too, mainly when the bear is hungry. Because then it isn’t chary and eats what it can get …

Q. What Moc's are you currently working on?

A. Momentary I’m not really working on a MOC – but I already design it in my head. In the next time I plan to design another Western MOC with LDD (a general store with a little room upstairs) and two “normal” MOCs (a medicine man’s tepee and a watch tower for the soldiers) – but it’ll take some weeks until I’ll show them to you.

Q. Am I Annoying?

A. No, but it would be very nice if Imperialshadows would put away his gun - that makes me somehow a bit antsy!

Hmmm? Oh, right. :hmpf_bad:

Q. Who should we Interview Next?

A. I don’t know all the people you have already interviewed. It’s very difficult to say because I don’t know all members and because I don’t want to propose somebody because then others might be offended. But what about Steff, whitefang or bLEGOnder?

So, about those SW minifigs...

2508532844_b32d3fbaf2.jpg

Huh?

2507706421_3a652da904.jpg

Oh crap!

2507706635_fbb26812ea.jpg

Looks like we've got to run now, literally! Until next week, I'm going far, far away!

*camera fades*

Ah... I was experimenting with speech bubbles, so please comment on those!

:sweet:

Also sorry for running late, my fault! :sadnew:

Stauder.

Many thanks to Stauder and imperialshadows for that interview! :sweet:

The interview became great! :thumbup:

I really like the idea with the speech bubbles. And there are so many funny comments in the interview, too.

Again thank you very, very much! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Another nice one, Stauder and IS!

The speech bubbles work fine, it´s a nice addition to the pics. :thumbup:

Klaus Dieter would have been my suggestion to interview next :wink:, so thank you for doing it. :laugh:

Another great interview guys, I certainly second Whitefang for an interview! I love the speech bubbles too, great work!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

A great interview, the pictures and speech bubbles worked a charm! Again some good humour, and an interesting guest. Nice job. :thumbup:

Another fine interview with a lot of Wild West action going on, pretty cool. Yippee! :classic:

Excellent Interview, ImperialShadows and Staudie!!! These are great stuff about KD.

The scenes layout are done very well, in addition Staudie's speech bubbles are very lovely. It brings much more interaction in its pictures. :thumbup:

Keep it up, guys! :sweet:

Nice interview - very much to the point. Although pics of your college lair would be neat to see.

But I think my three favourite sets I own are Gold City Junction, Town Plan and the Paradisa Villa.[/color]

Paradisa, represent!

Gold City- Yahhhooo! Excellent choice. This is one of my all time favorites as well.

I'm glad you mentioned the Town Plan. I've been debating if I should buy. - still so many sets to decide on.

...Staudie is going to dress up like a fool...

:hmpf_bad:

Bwahahaha! :tongue: I am glad they keep you on a leesh nowadays , for the cast & crew's sake! :sweet::pirate:

Stauder.

Another great interview, guys! Stauder, those speech bubbles look really good. And the fonts really match the people! :laugh:

~Peace

It was extra funny because I wrote the joke before I saw the pics. Still, I knew I could count on him, I just didn't know he would make the obligatory Hinck joke accidentally. :laugh:

Oh, and good to see you're still a loyal viewer. :grin:

Bwahahaha! :tongue: I am glad they keep you on a leesh nowadays , for the cast & crew's sake! :sweet::pirate:

Stauder.

I wonder what should if said "leash" should happen to....be...snipped. :wink::look:

Great interview, btw. And great pictures! But different shades of a baseplate, is that 'cause of lighting?