WesternOutlaw

Frightening Freight Wagon

Frightening Freight Wagon

Jesse and Mary were able to jump off of the Haunted Train Coach just before it passed through the Tunnel of Horrors! Unfortunately, they found themselves alone on the spooky tracks trying to make their way back the way they came. Along the desolate tracks, they discovered another line that had almost been covered in the sand. "Let's go this way", Mary suggested. Jesse agreed.

Along the tracks, they stumbled upon a frightening freight wagon standing by itself. A large container box rested on the wagon with iron chains holding it to the car. "I wonder what's in the box"? Mary asked inquisitively. Jesse responded, "I don't know, but it gives me the heebie-jeebies, let's get out of here". Mary then noticed how cold the box was as she placed her hands on the door. Suddenly, they heard a THUMP! Then the box began knocking. Jesse and Mary ran away in fear...

freightx500.jpg

I fell in love with your building style. This is just a great theme, and every new set is even better as the set before. I am also wondering what is in the box, tho :tongue:

Keep up the good work!

I want to know what's in the box.

:skull: ?

:alien: ?

:yoda: ?

Steve

This is another superb addition to your Grave Stone theme. You have certainly made this theme of yours very very exciting! And I enjoyed myself looking out for it too :sweet: Now, I wonder what is inside the box. :skull:

I like the detail put into this car. Boxes galore, but for once in a lifetime, it doesn't look at all like overkill. I like the airy yet daunting look of the main crate. As said before, everyone wants to know what's inside! The signature design and use of chains is the icing on the cake. Great job.

Great creation here TheBrickster, I love the simple but effective look, it is indeed freightful! (Yes that was a poor joke :grin: )

As for you Athos, you're not meant to know what lays within! Afterall, that would defeat the mystery :wink:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I fell in love with your building style. This is just a great theme, and every new set is even better as the set before.

Thanks Metalandi. That's a really nice compliment - I appreciate that, although my building style is pretty simple.

This is another superb addition to your Grave Stone theme. You have certainly made this theme of yours very very exciting! And I enjoyed myself looking out for it too

I think I could have made this one a little more scary, but thanks still the same.

I like the detail put into this car. Boxes galore, but for once in a lifetime, it doesn't look at all like overkill. I like the airy yet daunting look of the main crate.

The signature design and use of chains is the icing on the cake. Great job.

Inspired from the MOT Open Freight Wagon - with a little more detail. I had considered a closed boxcar, classic in western trains, but tried to be a bit different with this. I also got the idea from a picture of one of the Lego Factory Trains.

it is indeed freightful! (Yes that was a poor joke :grin: )

You should have seen me typing Freight and Frightful, definately hard to keep straight - kinda like Imperial Scouts and Imperial Shadows (at least for me). :laugh:

These are awsome if only lego would make sets like this.

Perhaps there is some hope with a new Lego Factory Wild West collection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also wondering what is in the box
I want to know what's in the box.

:skull: ? :alien: ? :yoda: ?

:yoda::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now, I wonder what is inside the box. :skull:
As said before, everyone wants to know what's inside!
As for you Athos, you're not meant to know what lays within! Afterall, that would defeat the mystery :wink:

Aside from Batbrick, I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that you all want to know what's inside the box. This reminds me of Mystery Ship (for those of you who remember).

Perhaps the mystery will be revealed in a later MOC.

Excellent, I love the chains holding the central box in place and that it’s broken up on both sides. The detail of the wheel break is also a great little detail.

It may be rather simple yeah, but exactly that makes it so interesting. I like the idea of mocing in the style like real lego sets could look. Let's hope for someting like that for the new factory line! :sweet:

A great idea and well executed. Pretty spooky indeed.... and a Tunnel of Horrors, huh? Grave Stone amusement park on! Poor couple.... :tongue::thumbup:

As Jesse and Mary run away from the Frightening Freight Wagon, they recall their horrifying encounter with the horribe creature within the wagon crate:

freightattackx500.jpg

That's a nice freight wagon, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I like the minifigs you included there - but personally would have prefered a big closed freight wagon similar to your great Mysterious Mail Car but with sliding gates.

But what's in the wagon?! I think that there is a skeletton/ghost cowboy in it - or is it a cat which is singing so your two minifigs ran away? :laugh:

Klaus-Dieter

I like the minifigs you included there - but personally would have prefered a big closed freight wagon similar to your great Mysterious Mail Car but with sliding gates.

I was really going for something different with this, than a typical boxcar KD. Boxcars are pretty easy to make, and not all that exciting. This one has a bit of added design with the chains and the separate box. I may still do a separate boxcar along traditional lines for a different MOC.

I was really going for something different with this, than a typical boxcar KD. Boxcars are pretty easy to make, and not all that exciting. This one has a bit of added design with the chains and the separate box. I may still do a separate boxcar along traditional lines for a different MOC.

How about a cattle car? The general construction is somewhat more complicated then a boxcar. Plus, it gives you an excuse to make some ghost cowboys. How about this: Jesse and Mary are running as fast as possible from the freight wagon. As they run, they spy a cattle depot in the distance. "They are sure to let us rest there," Jesse says. However, they arrive, only to find the depot itself empty. "Maybe they are in the cattle car," suggests Mary. However, as they open the door, they here dry, rasping, moos. Dead cows line up, waiting for the engineer to finally take them too. To make matters worse, there are the sounds of clanking spurs and the steady clop of dead horses and cows. "Uh-oh," Jesse and Mary say.

How about a cattle car? The general construction is somewhat more complicated then a boxcar.

Actually, you've mentioned something that I had considered, very reminiscent of the Wild West. In fact, I have a design that I'd like to try. Not sure if I'll be building, but a good idea nonetheless. I have a few more things that I've been thinking about - just need the right pieces. :wink:

Actually, you've mentioned something that I had considered, very reminiscent of the Wild West. In fact, I have a design that I'd like to try. Not sure if I'll be building, but a good idea nonetheless. I have a few more things that I've been thinking about - just need the right pieces. :wink:

Thanks! :sweet: I will help in any way possible. Except money. I'm flat broke due to a new project. I'll donate pieces.