Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

My Batdragster

theaterindex.gif

Hi everyone, I thought I'd share something that's been on my BS folder for weeks, but now finally finished. Not happy with the TLC Batdragster and craving a new Batmobile I set out to make one that would look good, be a good build, and pretty much make sense. I consider it a new moc, but the basic frame came from another creation. Some of you may remember my absolutely horrid "Tractor" Rod I made for a competition:

p1220683.jpg

(Oh goodness it's hideous! :laugh: )

Luckily I saw something possible appealing in it, so I took the extremely basic frame and came up with this:

p1220721.jpg

I wanted to use the windshield from another batset I'd taken apart, the Batblade from the Batcave (okay, there were some serious "Bat-" usage there! :laugh: )

p1220728.jpg

Back with just grills:

p1220727.jpg

Now, realising that it was immensely cute but rather silly looking, I set out to do Mark 2. The first one was too stubby, making it look too fat. It also needed to have a better nose, those grills were a bit annoying. So the next mods were to make it longer, less stubby, and cooler, here's Mark 2:

p1220733.jpg

Now THIS looks much better. The addition of the old engine piece I removed in Mark 1 worked, and it being longer made it meaner! :devil:

p1220729.jpg

Now it became a cross between the dragster, and an homage to the many great "bullet" batmobiles in the comics, like the one in the Killing Joke:

p1220748.jpg

Now I was rather happy with this for a while. But then I slowly came to the realisation that the front wheels were too far back, making the nose look ridiculously long. I wasn't happy about the cockpit either, the back looked plain and the rear wings were too low. Enter Mark 3, the final stage:

p1230124.jpg

I moved the wheels more forward and made the main back flow much better. Another addition were the flames at the back:

p1230129.jpg

The flames:

p1230137.jpg

I also added in better controls, and in all three versions the top opens:

p1230142.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the evolution (I don't believe in evolution, but it's just a term) of my Batdragster, comments appreciated and thanks for looking.

Also check and maybe comment on KDog's awesome Space Comic, the link is in my sig, they are hilarious!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, I like the way you done from your design stage up till your development stage. Certainly show the effort that you have tried to perfect it. I must admit it looks cool. I do have some feedback for you too. :wink:

When you compared this dragster againest your dragster. There is no doubts yours, have more substance and depth in it. I don't need some flick misslie or some rail gun on the front. The dragster which you build offers speed and slick That is something very good. I will love to get this dragster of yours instead. :wub:

7779: Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit

7779-1.jpg

Batbrick one and only Batdragster

p1230129.jpg

The only thing that bother me the most, is the wings. Somehow, I felt that the wings obstruct the beauty of this dragster. I am not sure what is lacking or should changed to enhance the overall effect. I wonder if its the angle or the size of the black wing. Other than that, this is what I will said "Great job Batbrick" :thumbup:

p.s: Batbrick, I owned one of the set above. That is my only Batman set. When I built finished, I was disappointed with its poor design. Your design provided another great alternative creation. Guess, the Catwoman makes up for this poor set. This is the only set, she appeared in so far. :blush:

Edited by WhiteFang

Ah, the oft-mentioned Batdragster. I think V3 is definitely the best version, but the other two both have their merits (most of which were carried over to the subsequent one). It's sleek, stylish and looks a little mean. I don't think the bat-wings at the back are bad. I mean, what's the alternative? You could build one, but that would be too big, as would the wings TLC used.

I wanted to use the windshield from another batset I'd taken apart, the Batblade from the Batcave (okay, there were some serious "Bat-" usage there! :laugh: )

No there Bat-wasn't.

But then I slowly came to the realisation that the front wheels were too far back, making the nose look ridiculously long.

Have you ever seen Wacky Races? Because Peter Perfect's Turbo Terrific has a similar long nose...

Also check and maybe comment on KDog's awesome Space Comic, the link is in my sig, they are hilarious!

You know, I'm not sure why, but I think I'm picking up on some subtle advertising... :laugh:

But what's this with everyone knocking the old dragster? I thought it was great.

Very nice! ) :classic::thumbup:

Smooth-looking dranster and much better than the official one. ) :sweet:

Great work again here! )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Once again Batbrick, a great moc. At least 10 times better then the official. :sweet: Again, nice job.

Wow, i like him, i don't recognice the old dragster in it :tongue::laugh: ! 10 out of 10!

Thanks, glad you like it.

Well, I like the way you done from your design stage up till your development stage. Certainly show the effort that you have tried to perfect it. I must admit it looks cool. I do have some feedback for you too. :wink:

When you compared this dragster againest your dragster. There is no doubts yours, have more substance and depth in it. I don't need some flick misslie or some rail gun on the front. The dragster which you build offers speed and slick That is something very good. I will love to get this dragster of yours instead. :wub:

The only thing that bother me the most, is the wings. Somehow, I felt that the wings obstruct the beauty of this dragster. I am not sure what is lacking or should changed to enhance the overall effect. I wonder if its the angle or the size of the black wing. Other than that, this is what I will said "Great job Batbrick" :thumbup:

p.s: Batbrick, I owned one of the set above. That is my only Batman set. When I built finished, I was disappointed with its poor design. Your design provided another great alternative creation. Guess, the Catwoman makes up for this poor set. This is the only set, she appeared in so far. :blush:

Thanks Whitefang for that nice review, and thanks for the constructive criticism. I like the wings, but today I will check them out and see if I can improve them, so thanks.

Your only Batset? You're missing out! Still, Catwoman is great, and I'm glad you liked how I shewed the developments :classic:

Ah, the oft-mentioned Batdragster. I think V3 is definitely the best version, but the other two both have their merits (most of which were carried over to the subsequent one). It's sleek, stylish and looks a little mean. I don't think the bat-wings at the back are bad. I mean, what's the alternative? You could build one, but that would be too big, as would the wings TLC used.

Thanks BBx (there we go), always appreciated. I'm glad you like the batwings, they were my favourite to use, I though I'd made a bad mistake. I shall check them out further anyway though, Whitefang may be onto something.

No there Bat-wasn't.

I'll admit I laughed at this one.

Have you ever seen Wacky Races? Because Peter Perfect's Turbo Terrific has a similar long nose...

No, but I preferred to have my vehicle make a bit more sense, that nose was ma-hoosive.

You know, I'm not sure why, but I think I'm picking up on some subtle advertising... :laugh:

Subtle eh? That's a problem:

"You will go comment on KDog's comic now! Oooooh!"

But what's this with everyone knocking the old dragster? I thought it was great.

It was alright from what I know, but mine is better :devil:

Very nice! ) :classic::thumbup:

Smooth-looking dranster and much better than the official one. ) :sweet:

Great work again here! )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks The Penguin, much appreciated!

Once again Batbrick, a great moc. At least 10 times better then the official. :sweet: Again, nice job.

Thanks The Joker, but ten times? Pffft! More like eleven times! :grin:

Wow.... a cool Batdragster.... who would ever´ve thought so.... you really did a fine job on that a little strange sujet.... :thumbup:

Although I´ve to say that, beside the lack of some cool flames, I somehow prefer your first version.... the other ones´re

just slightly frighten me. Too sexy.... :tongue:

Man, when I opened this topic, I saw the first picture and was like "Batbrick, how can you say that that pile of crap is an improvement?" Then I took time to read the text. Whoops! :grin:

Anyway, I like this. I wouldn't necessary call it an improvement though, since it really is it's own model and not just an upgrade of the old one. It's sure got some sleek lines and a cool cockpit. :thumbup:

Honestly though, I was one of the few that liked the Bat Dragster kit, and I still think that, while hardly as good as the rest of the 2006 line, it's really a fairly nice kit. But it's great to see a new version as well. :wink:

Wow.... a cool Batdragster.... who would ever´ve thought so.... you really did a fine job on that a little strange sujet.... :thumbup:

Although I´ve to say that, beside the lack of some cool flames, I somehow prefer your first version.... the other ones´re

just slightly frighten me. Too sexy.... :tongue:

:laugh:, thanks Asuka, I think too sexy is a good thing personally! :laugh:

Man, when I opened this topic, I saw the first picture and was like "Batbrick, how can you say that that pile of crap is an improvement?" Then I took time to read the text. Whoops! :grin:

Anyway, I like this. I wouldn't necessary call it an improvement though, since it really is it's own model and not just an upgrade of the old one. It's sure got some sleek lines and a cool cockpit. :thumbup:

Honestly though, I was one of the few that liked the Bat Dragster kit, and I still think that, while hardly as good as the rest of the 2006 line, it's really a fairly nice kit. But it's great to see a new version as well. :wink:

Thanks Grevious, I didn't hate the original, but it was a bit uninspired I found. I'm glad you like my "improvement" :wink: