Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Model Team: Mini Truck

I can see all my other Model Team topics have been moved here, although it's neither Bionicle, Technic nor Mindstorms, so here it goes!

Some might remember last year when I introduced my mini truck and received some constructive criticism that lead to some changes in the roof.

This truck has now been rebuilt with a new front, motor, interior and even a trailer.

1front2.jpg

The only thing to stay unchanged is the back of the truck with the rear suspension, automated coupling and top with the sleeping cabin.

2coupling.jpg_thumb.jpg 2sleeping_cabin.jpg_thumb.jpg

The steering is special because of the short front.

2truck_technic.jpg_thumb.jpg 3trailer_technic.jpg_thumb.jpg 2interior.jpg_thumb.jpg

It took quite some time to get the front of the truck right from the slopes in the grill to the mirrors and writings on the sides

2truck.jpg

1rear.jpg

The brickshelf gallery.

Edited by Lasse D

Oh my! :wub: This is just beautiful... and it's a Firefly MOC as well! :laugh: (Any reason why?) Sorry I missed the update last time. The roof looks a lot better than before, and the front is simply stunning. The mirrors are way better too. I think you have nailed it this time.

I can see all my other Model Team topics have been moved here, although it's neither Bionicle, Technic nor Mindstorms, so here it goes!

Would you prefer it go in "Other Themes"? As the Model Team man your opinion matters! :grin:

Nice truck. The only thing I'm not so sure about is how you angled the headlights. That makes the truck look as though it had a little accident. The rest of it look great, especially the brick-built letters, the profiled radiator and the spoiler on top of the cabin. I may be tempted to try something like that next time I build a truck.

Model Team really shouldn't be in with Bionicle, Technic & Mindstorms, IMO. Other themes is probably the best place for it.

Cheers,

Ralph

Any reason why? (...)

Would you prefer it go in "Other Themes"? As the Model Team man your opinion matters! :grin:

Firefly is my all time favorite show, so it will show up once in a while in one form or another. I'm glad you like the truck, and isn't it funny to see how criticism can help? I was dead stuck on the last design.

Nice truck. The only thing I'm not so sure about is how you angled the headlights. That makes the truck look as though it had a little accident. The rest of it look great, especially the brick-built letters, the profiled radiator and the spoiler on top of the cabin. I may be tempted to try something like that next time I build a truck.

Model Team really shouldn't be in with Bionicle, Technic & Mindstorms, IMO. Other themes is probably the best place for it.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks for your input. I kinda like how the head lights look, although I would like to close the little hole where the angle meet. The prototype I did on computer had a more exaggerated angle:

newfront_proposal.png

It is hard to decide where Model Team creations should go. I guess the internals might qualify for "Technic", but it doesn't really fit in. I have like 10 topics that have to be moved if they should go in "other", so I'm glad I'm not the mod :tongue: On the other hand. If I was, I would create a Model Team forum :grin:

Thanks for your input. I kinda like how the head lights look, although I would like to close the little hole where the angle meet. The prototype I did on computer had a more exaggerated angle:

It is hard to decide where Model Team creations should go. I guess the internals might qualify for "Technic", but it doesn't really fit in. I have like 10 topics that have to be moved if they should go in "other", so I'm glad I'm not the mod :tongue: On the other hand. If I was, I would create a Model Team forum :grin:

Hear hear! I completely agree. Model team rules. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Very impressive. :thumbup: I haven't seen that many dedicated Model Team MOCs. The truck has quite a bit of detail and you've managed to do it without using much in the way of specialized parts.

Is the trailer manufactured by the Exploriens though? :grin:

This seems to be the right section for this topic. I guess MT is much closer to Technic than Bionicle anyway. The MT models have the same scale and steering as Technic and the catalogs that the sets came with were actually combined Technic/MT ones. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a separate forum for all of these (broadly) large-scale themes.

A stunning truck, sweet and detailed from top to toe, ahem, I mean from bumper to tail light of course.

That fine steering looks pretty interesting as well. I can´t wait till your next project, this time perhaps

with a little bit of Weyland-Yutani mixed in, huh...? :tongue::thumbup:

Exellent truck! Do you have any more detailed pics of the 5th wheel coupling?

I think I am largely to blame for the Techinic decision. I will take your advice and move them. If I miss any feel free to bother me! :wink:

EDIT: Done! I also moved one that was in Others but was supposed to be in Technic...

(As for a Model Team Forum, sad to say, not very likely. A pure Technic or Bionicle one would be more likely first... and there isn't a good chance of that happening either!)

(...)I can´t wait till your next project, this time perhaps

with a little bit of Weyland-Yutani mixed in, huh...? :tongue::thumbup:

I'm just way too predictable. :tongue:

And thanks for the comments people. I take any Exploriens resemblance as a comment - that series has my favorite big space ship :sweet:

Exellent truck! Do you have any more detailed pics of the 5th wheel coupling?

The system is based on the one from 8872 (see link for details of the construction), but is improved so that it locks automatically.

I have this shot from below the truck:

2truck_technic.jpg

But it doesn't really show how it works.

Here is a better picture of the mechanism:

truck_mechanism_rear.jpg

This yellow chassis is the internals of a truck that I plan to finish once I have decorated the sides of the trailer... and bought a video camera. It is only half a year over due :laugh:

I think I am largely to blame for the Techinic decision. I will take your advice and move them. If I miss any feel free to bother me! :wink:

EDIT: Done! I also moved one that was in Others but was supposed to be in Technic...

(As for a Model Team Forum, sad to say, not very likely. A pure Technic or Bionicle one would be more likely first... and there isn't a good chance of that happening either!)

Thanks. It makes sense for me to have it under Technic. I appreciate your work.

It should be possible to force a Model Team forum. All we (Ralph_S, me and others?) have to do is make LEGO drop Technic, Bionicle... and reintroduce the Model Team line.

Hi Lasse D!

Well everything seems to be said, but still, it´s beautiful and you´re very talented :sweet:!

I love your setup:

layout.jpg

Looking forward to meet in Billund On

copmike