Hinckley

Captain Green Hair and Mr. Tiber's Steampunk Pirate Ship

Gorgeous work, absolutely beautiful. I love that the ship has a slightly cartoony feel by having a deep, fat hull and narrow deck– there's a ton of personality there. Very much gives the feeling of an old galleon plucked from the sea and given wings. It looks like it would be right at home in the Final Fantasy, Rogue Galaxy, or Stardust universes.

I've been throwing around ideas for my own steampunk airship and might borrow the overall shape of this one as a starting point. It just looks right.

They look reddish brown in the photos but I can't really tell– are you using new brown or old brown pieces? (I ask because the brown parts look like they blend well together but I thought the boat hull was only old brown, which is why my mind can't make up its... mind.)

m19

Edited by Morgan19

QUOTE (Captain green hair @ Apr 19 2008, 02:07 PM) post_snapback.gifBut where is my jacuzzi? :pir-look:

See? :laugh:

Thanks again for the help Captain Green Hair!

My hair is mostly one big mess IRL....i'm afraid of mirrors :pir-tongue:

You're welcome buddy, glad i could help out with this stunning project!

Very nice building, Hinckley, :thumbup::classic: I shall refresh my memories on the latest Whacker & Walrus adventures.

I am left in awe once again by your building skills. But shouldn't this be in the pirate forum because it is about pirates, but since it is steampunk it also belongs here. This makes me confused :wacko: .

Whacker and walrus ON :thumbup: !

That is one extremely impressive steampunk ship! And I thought you were all building Fabuland stuff :tongue:

I have just watched Last Exile and the ships in that series are quite different from the steampunk MOCs I have seen. Are there subgenres of the steampunk subgenre?

So, I'm browsing through your amazing Fabuland builds over on Flickr, and come to find out there's a Fabuland Builders Guild over here. I think look at one of you posts and see a beautiful airship. Then I open the post, and see that you were inspired by my work...that made my day!

Overall, this is really, really well done...I've been pouring over the pics for the last hour. Along with Morgan19, I love the shape created by the deep hull and narrow width...almost cartoony but in the best possible way. Of course I love the TIE windows...I like your execution and placement better than mine. The rigging and the sails are also very well done.

I do have one tiny bit of feedback, and that is I don't care too much for the top connectors on the engines...just looks a little too flimsy. The bottom ones are great, but I think if you added a little bit more structure to the top ones, it would help the balance a bit.

By far one of my favorite MOCs in a long while...you wanna post it to flickr so I can fav it? =)

edit: oh...my first post! Even though I joined a while ago...=)

Edited by zachmoe

So, I'm browsing through your amazing Fabuland builds over on Flickr, and come to find out there's a Fabuland Builders Guild over here. I think look at one of you posts and see a beautiful airship. Then I open the post, and see that you were inspired by my work...that made my day!

Overall, this is really, really well done...I've been pouring over the pics for the last hour. Along with Morgan19, I love the shape created by the deep hull and narrow width...almost cartoony but in the best possible way. Of course I love the TIE windows...I like your execution and placement better than mine. The rigging and the sails are also very well done.

I do have one tiny bit of feedback, and that is I don't care too much for the top connectors on the engines...just looks a little too flimsy. The bottom ones are great, but I think if you added a little bit more structure to the top ones, it would help the balance a bit.

By far one of my favorite MOCs in a long while...you wanna post it to flickr so I can fav it? =)

edit: oh...my first post! Even though I joined a while ago...=)

I'm so excited reading this. You made the radiant kestral???? Welcome welcome welcome to Eurobricks. Thank you so much. Your feedback means a lot and is very much appreciated! Yes, I plan to revisit those engines as something bugs me about them. I think you hit the nail on the head with what you've pointed out.

I always look at your ship and think "Man that was clever" and not just about the overall shape. There are so many little details in there that I enjoy and I see something new every time I look at it. Like I said, I really try to let other people's works inspire me and try not to copy it and your ship always provides me with inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by and giving me some feedback. And I'm very glad to have you at the site. Poke around and have some fun. Maybe post some of your creations. :blush:

I'm so excited reading this. You made the radiant kestral???? Welcome welcome welcome to Eurobricks. Thank you so much. Your feedback means a lot and is very much appreciated! Yes, I plan to revisit those engines as something bugs me about them. I think you hit the nail on the head with what you've pointed out.

I always look at your ship and think "Man that was clever" and not just about the overall shape. There are so many little details in there that I enjoy and I see something new every time I look at it. Like I said, I really try to let other people's works inspire me and try not to copy it and your ship always provides me with inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by and giving me some feedback. And I'm very glad to have you at the site. Poke around and have some fun. Maybe post some of your creations. :blush:

=) Yeah, the Kestrel is mine. It was a fun build...definitely challenging, to say the least. I think my next build will be Steampunk again...would love to do a big fantasy airship. We'll see...

As far as inspiration, I think you did a fantastic job putting together an original work. So many great details, and put together so well. I've been looking over this for a good chunk of my evening...it's just fantastic.

off-topic: So, I posted my first MOC here over in the Space area, something I just finished today. Oh, and I added you as a flickr contact the other day, please add me so I can comment on your pics over there. The Kestrel is up over there, as well as my other Steampunk creations...I'll update my signature tonight as well. Thanks again for the kind words, I look forward to commenting and posting my creations here.

Edited by zachmoe

=) Yeah, the Kestrel is mine. It was a fun build...definitely challenging, to say the least. I think my next build will be Steampunk again...would love to do a big fantasy airship. We'll see...

As far as inspiration, I think you did a fantastic job putting together an original work. So many great details, and put together so well. I've been looking over this for a good chunk of my evening...it's just fantastic.

off-topic: So, I posted my first MOC here over in the Space area, something I just finished today. Oh, and I added you as a flickr contact the other day, please add me so I can comment on your pics over there. The Kestrel is up over there, as well as my other Steampunk creations...I'll update my signature tonight as well. Thanks again for the kind words, I look forward to commenting and posting my creations here.

Sure. New to flickr, so I'm not sure how it works just yet. I'll check out your space MOC! :classic: