Sign in to follow this  
Corvus

JSF mod

indexed.gif

I bought (another) Anakin's JSF intending to mod. I was in the mood for blue, so I was inspired to build something that was almost, but not exactly, similar to Anakin's Clone Wars version. Not much to say, so let's get on with the pics. :classic:

img_0622.jpg

Do you like my overly-fancy stand? I do!

I named the ship the Yellow Blaze, for reasons you'll see later. :wink:

img_0629.jpg

The 'air intakes'. Not sure why they're there, because...nevermind. :look: I had some trouble with the bow- I had to add a few plates to make the bow more noticeable. :sceptic:

img_0630.jpg

You know what those are.

img_0632.jpg

Wow! *oh2* Now you see why it's called the Yellow Blaze. It uses very bright yellow light emitters (don't want to call them bulbs, it's too low tech!) to disorient enemy fighters as it twists and rolls through the battlefield.

img_0633.jpg

It features two fold-out blaster cannons in each wing, partly to protect them, partly to conceal them...to give an adversary a nasty suprise in a firefight.

img_0634.jpg

THose weren't there before! :oh3:

img_0637.jpg

Top view.

img_0635.jpg

Look out! We're gonna-

*end transmission*

Full gallery

Again- Not trying to make Anakin's CW JSF! :tongue:

mando_helmet_viking_2.png

Hey, that's a pretty good rendition of the Clone Wars era fighter!

...But, yeah, why Anakin would need giant intake jets for outer space travel is beyond me...

That's all really smart. Cool underside, especially since you can't see it from above. Well made

That´s a pretty impressive and very good looking work indeed, smooth and well done.... I especially like that little detail of the fold-out cannons, nifty! :thumbup::classic:

An awesome MOC you have there Mr. Mandalorian :oh: . Great job and a excellent color scheme. Good job :wink: .

Edited by darkrebellion

Hey, thanks, guys! :classic:

I've noticed the wings are too heavy and they droop, unless I keep the landing gear up to support it. Any ideas?

wow, thats cool! i really like it, but the wings are a bit big, so maybe take off the front of the boosters (the intake thingys). if the wings droop still, you could make so simple support plates, attached from the cockpit to the wings. you colud do this on both top or bottom. :wink:

:thumbup:

Cool moc! I like your idea of confusing the enemy by using different colours on top and bottom of the fighter :thumbup:

Benny

Mmmmm, dark blue. :sweet:

Very nice version of this awesome ship, Mr M! You've really got the shape and color scheme down. Now, if only TLC would make a kit of this.... :sing:

I wish we had gotten that instead of the hyperdrive ring... Well almost hope. Lovely design.

***300*** ("This is Madness! Madness? This is Star Warrrsss....") ***300***

Nice MOC! lots of detail.

You say the wings weigh to much and droop, perhaps lose the intakes off the frontwhich will make it look more streamlined as well. Also i think the wing plates at the front need a little less tiling ( again for the streamlining)

I realise this may change the whole unique look of this JSF but hey, just my 2 cents.

cheers :classic:

Cool mod/MOC! :sweet: It looks great being bulked up.

The 'air intakes'. Not sure why they're there, because...nevermind. :look:

Cooling perhaps? Even real space craft need to radiate excess heat, for example the ISS and the Space Shuttle. But perhaps they should go to solve your drooping problem. :grin:

This is a very nice ship! :thumbup: I really like the colors and the fold out guns are cool too! Nice job!!! :laugh:

wow, thats cool! i really like it, but the wings are a bit big, so maybe take off the front of the boosters (the intake thingys). if the wings droop still, you could make so simple support plates, attached from the cockpit to the wings. you colud do this on both top or bottom. :wink:

:thumbup:

Thanks. Even if they don't make sense, the intakes still give a unique look to it.

I wish we had gotten that instead of the hyperdrive ring... Well almost hope. Lovely design.

***300*** ("This is Madness! Madness? This is Star Warrrsss....") ***300***

Indeed...It's Star Wars, what do you want, it to make sense? :hmpf: That's just silly talk.

I realise this may change the whole unique look of this JSF but hey, just my 2 cents.

cheers :classic:

Exactly. :classic: Of course, the 'intakes' are far down enough so that they touch the ground, even with the landing pads down. So, I guess I'll just attach the landing pads to the wings, that should help.

Cool mod/MOC! :sweet: It looks great being bulked up.

Cooling perhaps? Even real space craft need to radiate excess heat, for example the ISS and the Space Shuttle. But perhaps they should go to solve your drooping problem. :grin:

Are you saying that the air intakes are vents? Excuse me, it's monday, and allergy season, not a good combination. :sick: I hope that's what you're saying.

I'm sorry but it just doesn't work for me, it's to bulky, JSF's to me are supposed to be sleek and smooth not chopped up and chunky. I hope I'm not being to harsh it's just that it doesn't look right to me. :classic:

Maybe taking out some of the more obtrusive curves and thining it down might work to help get that Delta 7 feel. :wink:

It's not that the ship itself looks bad it's just that it doesn't look like a Delta 7, of course that's just my opinion. :classic:

-Tarfful

Indeed...It's Star Wars, what do you want, it to make sense? :hmpf: That's just silly talk.

I agree. Like Steampunk, I see Star Wars as fantasy.

Are you saying that the air intakes are vents? Excuse me, it's monday, and allergy season, not a good combination. :sick: I hope that's what you're saying.

No, but the meaning was similar. I meant that they would be good ram-air cooling intakes. For example, like the ones on sports cars for cooling the brakes. Cooling is the official reason for the big intake on a B-Wing afterall so it is consistant.