SirNadroj

Fabuland Goat's House

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Hi!

Here's the finished product of my last WIP you may've seen on flickr. It's a Fabuland Goat's house. Turned out a little more contemporary then I first planed, but I think it's good, anyway. ;-)

Also, I added an interior. And if you know me, I usually don't. I planned on putting a lot more furniture/kitchen/etc. on the inside, but it was a little cramped, as you'll see. :blush:

1-53.jpg

2-50.jpg

3-45.jpg

7-5.jpg

4-46.jpg

5-42.jpg

6-7.jpg

Hopefully the Goat will be my new, permenant sigfig. You can see him in his castle attire now, in my avatar. :wink:

8-5.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! Thanks! :sweet:

I did see this on flickr and I love the finished product. I have to compliment you on your 'shroom design brilliant use of construction helmets.

Awesome job. :sweet:

That's brilliant. :cry_happy: Just the whole idea is very nice. I love the staircase! And, as mentioned before, the mushrooms are also very fun. Keep up the good work! :sweet:

Dr. Brick

I really like this. Fabuland elements fit in very well here. It does look a bit cramped though.

Looks really nice! Love the rock detail. (I still don't get this Fabuland stuff, though :tongue:)

Why is there a whip and chain under his now-suspicious bed? Is there more to this Goat than we thought? :oh3::oh::look:

<Faramir-<

Edited by Faramir

That is great. All the details from the reeds to the mushrooms to the interior. What's the piece that makes the waterfall?

I really like the idea that Fabuland characters retain some of the animal behaviors. Thus, Charlie Crow would have a nest house and Clive Crocodile would eat everyone.

-Tohst

this looks so fresh and so fantastic! i love it! well done!

i wish i could build like that..

This is the greatest MOC I've ever seen in my whole life... :cry_happy:

Call me baised, but this could be your best work yet! :wub: It might even be better than Hinckley's Fabuland MOCs... :devil: The scenery is beautiful (especially the mushrooms!) and the integration of the rocks, Fabuland pieces and even the BURPs is masterful. You really are a true talent. I also love how you took the time to make an interior. However, four things mar it for me;

1. The staircase: It's beautiful, yes, but it seems too big. I would have went for just a ladder considering the available room. I had the same problem with my Shouse. I had planned a far more detailed interior, but I just ran out of room due to my big head.
  2. Walrus: There isn't one.
  3. Walrus: You forgot the walrus.
  4. Walrus: I looked, but I can't find a walrus. Did he fall off?

It is great to see that Fabuland lives on! :cry_happy:

You took the words right out my mouth. :grin:

That´s not a MOC, that´s just some kind of unbelievable phenomenon, ascended straight from the depths of a

mysterious and indeed fabulous fairytale. A marvelous landscaping, a wonderful interior and a plain charming

building, very well integrated. Just brilliant! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Call me baised, but this could be your best work yet! :wub: It might even be better than Hinckley's Fabuland MOCs... :devil:

Might be? Oh, it's definitely better. You've raised the bar, SirNadroj. I'm writing in some house fires to the last episode of Fabuland Housewives season one so I can go back and build some new stuff for season two. Sheesh, I should get on that. :wacko:

1. The staircase: It's beautiful, yes, but it seems too big. I would have went for just a ladder considering the available room. I had the same problem with my Shouse. I had planned a far more detailed interior, but I just ran out of room due to my big head.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That made my day. :sweet:

I love it, just seen it on brothers brick, looks great. Love the colours.

And really , really weirdly, without a word of a lie, I was trying to make some mushrooms for my Ninja Training camp MOC yesterday, and also used the workmans helmets. I was not sure about them, but after seeing yours, I like them more.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Truly amazing :wub: . It really stands out. You reached a new peak in LEGO building.

Btw, I already saw that mushrooms' design in this Beowulf MOC :wub: :

007beowulf.jpg

(pic links to the gallery)

Is it by you, too :look: ?

LuxorV

WOW! Thank you all for the kind words! I really do appreciate it! Your feedback is what drives me to keep on MOCing! :sweet:

Why is there a whip and chain under his now-suspicious bed? Is there more to this Goat than we thought? :oh3::oh::look:

Let me answer this question now. :wink: To start....he's a goat. Keep in mind this adorable little animal still keeps his animal instincts. :wink: Plus, I always pictured Fabuland animals a little.....suspicous? :laugh: They are just too innocent looking. Plus, the whole MOC was really, actually, too cute for me. I had to add some edginess. :wink:

Call me baised, but this could be your best work yet! :wub: It might even be better than Hinckley's Fabuland MOCs... :devil: The scenery is beautiful (especially the mushrooms!) and the integration of the rocks, Fabuland pieces and even the BURPs is masterful. You really are a true talent. I also love how you took the time to make an interior. However, four things mar it for me;

Thanks very much, Sinner! :sweet: I put the staircase in there to fill up the dead space. A ladder probably would have done the job, but I wanted the interior to be more furnished, and have a little more class. :wink: A ladder may not have fit in with the china cabinets, latticed bed, and the other furniture. :wink:

Walrus? Shoot, I should have bought one when I bought the goat. I swear, I had your sigifg in the cart, but the BL order was too expensive. Sorry, there just wasn't room in the budget. :tongue:

Truly amazing :wub: . It really stands out. You reached a new peak in LEGO building.

Btw, I already saw that mushrooms' design in this Beowulf MOC :wub: :

007beowulf.jpg

(pic links to the gallery)

Is it by you, too :look: ?

LuxorV

Thanks for pointing this out. I can't tell you who exactly came up with the mushroom designs. I, for one, didn't. I have seen the technique in a few other MOCs, too. It is hard to determine who comes up with a technique, :blush:

Wow.....really? :cry_happy: That means a lot coming from a Fabuland expert! Thanks! :cry_happy:

SirNadroj - I love it :wub: . It may be that I've had a glass of red, but please, take your pick of one or two of my fabuland maxifigs and I'll post it to you (qualifier: I'm not so inebriated to let you have the fox in hat though :laugh: ). I am not joking. If you've forgotten, here's the link to the post with my Fabuland maxifigs photo. I really, really like your creation. Especially the buffet & hutch/china cabinet inside. Neato. PM me with your details if you want to take me up on this. Ditto to all previous congrats.

If I have to describe everything I like about this MOC, then I need to get me a list of synonyms for the word "fantastic"

I just love it for so many reasons. It looks like that peaceful place where you want to grow old.

No remarks or suggestions for improvement, it's just beautiful and perfect.

Pure love SirNadroj, pure love :wub::wub::wub:!

As said before you´ve:

* made an asskicking MOC

* totally raised the Fabuland MOC bar a googolplex or two

* got those Fabuland´s lovers (you know who you are :tongue:) going bonkers

and:

* inspired me to start MOC´ing Fabuland stuff

* completely forgot the walrus AND the bulldog :cry_sad::laugh:

So 4 out of 5 isn´t bad, really - I mean it!

Keep up the work - I´ll be eagerly waiting!

Whip it good On devohat.gif

copmike

Wow, thanks so much for the kinds words ~ they really mean a lot to me! :cry_happy:

* completely forgot the walrus AND the bulldog :cry_sad::laugh:

Oops. I'm working on getting my hooves on some now. :wink:

---------

I'm working on a new house now. It's twice as small as this one (on a 16 x 32 base), but it will still contain lots of interesting landscaping techinques and a house interior (etc, etc. :wink: ) I need to place a BL order for some more dk bley cheese slopes and some starfish. It'll be a house for two Fabuland Animals ~ hopefully a Walrus and a Seagull. But again, still working out the details. I got some of it built this afternoon, so I hope to have it finished in a week or so. :thumbup: