Batbrick

Bat Impulse Sets

Hi all fellow Batfans, I'm here to present my latest little build(s). Firstly, a sincere apology to Brainbox, I'm eagerly awaiting his Bat Goody Bag Part 3, and in no way wanted to get this out as soon as possible. I've had it in my brickshelf folder for a little over 1 and a half weeks about, and had to post it before I forgot or the concept lost it's freshness. I adhered to the same rules as the competition also, though it was extremely hard to think of good ideas.

I enjoyed the Impulse competition SO much that I decided to make a line of them based on Bat characters after my Alfred entry (which I still believe to be my best impulse):

dscf0257.jpg

This is the first part, the impulse sets for the released bat family. Batman was actually really hard to think of impulse sets for, but I hope you like them.

First up is Blue Batman in Gotham Park. I wanted to include a sort of "badguy" element so I liked the gate, and of course a very Batmanish place to explore, creepy Gotham Park:

p1220358.jpg

Comes with Blue Batman, two bats, chicken leg, thrown out junk mail, badguy "keep out" gate, rubbish bin, bush and lampost.

p1220360.jpg

Pieces (I tried to include as many useful bits as possible):

p1220361.jpg

Blacksuit Batman impulse in Gotham Alley. Batman was relly hard to choose for. I couldn't think of any other great city elements so I feel the Batcycle fitted in. I'm happy with how the disposal unit turned out though:

p1220367.jpg

Comes with Blacksuit Batman, Batcycle, Waste disposal unit, skull, letter, purple cabbage and chicken leg:

p1220369.jpg

Pieces:

p1220370.jpg

Greysuit Batman Impulse in Batcave. I wanted one in the Batcave of course, and I like that he has the mask off here, good playability. The Bane wanted poster is a must to be included, and of course Brainbox has me hooked on including Kryptonite in the Batcave now. Overall I'm really happy with this one:

p1220363.jpg

Comes with Greysuit Batman, Batcowl, Kryptonite, Bane wanted poster, Batcave torch, computer, Joker fingerprints and magnifying glass:

p1220365.jpg

Pieces:

p1220366.jpg

Bruce Wayne impulse in Wayne Manor. I like this one too, even if it is a tad big. Sure my printer is bad so the Wayne pic ain't perfect, but I'm happy with how it comes out, it gives Wayne Manor that lonely feel I think:

p1220371.jpg

Comes with Bruce Wayne, Wayne portrait, Wayne photoframe, fireplace, plone, money, plant and glass:

p1220373.jpg

Act out the sorrowful life of Bruce Wayne as he stares into the portrait of his lost parents and wishes for a better life....

Pieces:

p1220374.jpg

Robin Snowmobile impulse. I couldn't decide on what to give Robin, when I thought a snowmobile would be cool for him, as I am building a similar one for Bats. I liked it so much I modded it a little and have kept it on display:

p1220375.jpg

Comes with Robin and snowmobile:

p1220380.jpg

Pieces:

p1220381.jpg

Nightwing Impulse in Gotham Square. Nightwing I was lost with what to include. I'm indifferent over this impulse, on one hand I love my lamp design and chairs, but on the other I felt I could have included more. Oh well, I'd still buy it! :-D

p1220382.jpg

Comes with Nightwing, two seats and two lamps:

p1220385.jpg

Pieces:

p1220386.jpg

And lastly, a shot of all of them: (sorry for the large pic, thank goodness for the new software)

p1220357.jpg

Hope you liked, I really would like to see some cheap sets with these characters, especially Alfred, Nightwing, Bruce Wayne and Robin.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

They're all very nice! *y*

I could see where more than one of those would have been stiff competition in the contest. I couldn't vote for Alfred because of the modified dog, but I would have voted for a couple of these.

Thanks for sharing them!

p1220369.jpg

You could throw out that lettuce from your appearance on EB News though. I know it has sentimental value, but it's turned purple. :-D

Very nice! I would certainly buy one of these.

Mmmm, btw its "gate" not "gat". Just some more help from EB's little Webster.

They look all very neat, and that Alfred one with the great grandfather clock design´s really cool. And you did a very fine job

with that interesting memorial one, a brilliant idea indeed. *y*

Very nice work Batbrick. The Alfred one is definitely my favourite, but the other ones are very nice too. I managed to spoil the surprise actually, by stumbling across them the other day. Still, never mind, I welcome the opportunity to see them again. All are nice and simple, and in line with the Impulse idea. They also seem to fit in with the whole Bat-mythos.

One question though: Is Ace (here) black or brown, I can't tell? Because he really should be brown... (or grey if it's the Krypto version)

Aww, you beat me to it ;-)

Great as always, Batbrick! ) *sweet*

I personally like Alfred Impulse and Nightwing's one.... *wub* (The strange thing is, that Nightwing's even more..... *sweet* )

The only thing I'd have added is one additional item there..... Say, litter bin. )

Again, simply great! )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :-)

They're all very nice! *y*

I could see where more than one of those would have been stiff competition in the contest. I couldn't vote for Alfred because of the modified dog, but I would have voted for a couple of these.

Thanks for sharing them!

You could throw out that lettuce from your appearance on EB News though. I know it has sentimental value, but it's turned purple. :-D

Thankyou imperialshadows. The dog (Ace) was hard for me too, it was my first repaint of a Lego piece ever, so I can understand that. I'm pretty happy with it though.

What? No! I will never throw away my cabbage! *sing*

Very nice! I would certainly buy one of these.

Thankyou, but, (edits post) I don't know what you are talking about.

They look all very neat, and that Alfred one with the great grandfather clock design´s really cool. And you did a very fine job

with that interesting memorial one, a brilliant idea indeed. *y*

Thanks Asuka, always appreciated.

Very nice work Batbrick. The Alfred one is definitely my favourite, but the other ones are very nice too. I managed to spoil the surprise actually, by stumbling across them the other day. Still, never mind, I welcome the opportunity to see them again. All are nice and simple, and in line with the Impulse idea. They also seem to fit in with the whole Bat-mythos.

One question though: Is Ace (here) black or brown, I can't tell? Because he really should be brown... (or grey if it's the Krypto version)

Thanks Brainbox, glad youl iked them. I agree the Alfred one is still the best, me being the slow builder I am I worked two days on that one :-$

As for Ace, I thought you might catch that. I painted him black as he appears in the DC animated universe, for some upcoming vigs based on it. I have two dogs though, both from the police station, so I occasionally take DCAU Ace out and replace him with standard Ace (brown). Though I have to admit I kind of prefer having black Ace on display, not because of his colour, just because I added my own little touch to him, while the other is just a standard dog.

Great as always, Batbrick! ) *sweet*

I personally like Alfred Impulse and Nightwing's one.... *wub* (The strange thing is, that Nightwing's even more..... *sweet* )

The only thing I'd have added is one additional item there..... Say, litter bin. )

Again, simply great! )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :-)

Thankyou The Penguin, greatly appreciated. I'm glad you like Nightwing's one, and I agree it could have used one more item. Thanks again.

I agree the Alfred one is still the best, me being the slow builder I am I worked two days on that one :-$

Well, it paid off.

As for Ace, I thought you might catch that. I painted him black as he appears in the DC animated universe, for some upcoming vigs based on it. I have two dogs though, both from the police station, so I occasionally take DCAU Ace out and replace him with standard Ace (brown). Though I have to admit I kind of prefer having black Ace on display, not because of his colour, just because I added my own little touch to him, while the other is just a standard dog.

Yeah, there's that. And I think I may need to brush up on my DCAU slightly, I didn't realise Ace was even in there :-$

I might see if I can pick up the complete series DVDs cheap from somewhere. BTAS, JLU and Superman if I can find them. But they must be on sale, I'm not made of money.

Well, it paid off.

Thanks very much.

Yeah, there's that. And I think I may need to brush up on my DCAU slightly, I didn't realise Ace was even in there :-$

I might see if I can pick up the complete series DVDs cheap from somewhere. BTAS, JLU and Superman if I can find them. But they must be on sale, I'm not made of money.

He features rather prominently in the Batman Beyond series, which I never took to much, but it had it's moments, namely the excellent feature film "Return of the Joker" in which Ace is used quite a bit.

I'd definitely recommend watching the DCAU, its an excellent run with some brilliant adaptations (Laughing Fish, For the Man who has Everything). Not to mention it actually made Mr.Freeze cool ( ;-) ) and created Montoya and Harley ( *wub* ) for us. Plus you have to love Mark Hamill as the Joker. I consider BTAS in different continuity though, the styles and characters changed once they finished that.

Not to mention it actually made Mr.Freeze cool ( ;-) )

He is cool (in more ways than one). Just not in the 60s, especially that yellow outfit he wore as 'Mr Zero' in the comics just previously.

Plus you have to love Mark Hamill as the Joker.

Ah, now that I have seen. And it was very good.

He is cool (in more ways than one). Just not in the 60s, especially that yellow outfit he wore as 'Mr Zero' in the comics just previously.

:-D , thanks, that made my day. Mr Zero brings back strange memories...

Ah, now that I have seen. And it was very good.

What did you see him in may I ask?

What did you see him in may I ask?

I have seen a few of the extended-length TV Movie-type BTAS 'episodes.' One with Mr Freeze and another one, which had the Joker in. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names. I know, not like me.

I have seen a few of the extended-length TV Movie-type BTAS 'episodes.' One with Mr Freeze and another one, which had the Joker in. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names. I know, not like me.

Ah, that would be Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which, you may be interested to know, is often the highest rated Batman film on critic sites. Its easily my favourite (yes, even more so than Begins), I love the dark deco atmosphere and characterisation.

I'd definitely recommend you watching it, its a brilliant film.

And if you pardon me for cutting in your talk, gentlemen, I would suggest you, Brainbox, watching also "The Mystery of Batwoman" movie and "Batman vs Superman" (am I correct, Batbrick?) one. )

I'm quite sure they can be found in the Net, so I can search for it, if you wish.... *sweet*

Good day! )

Edited by The Penguin

And if you pardon me for cutting in your talk, gentlemen, I would suggest you, Brainbox, watching also "The Mystery of Batwoman" movie and "Batman vs Superman" (am I correct, Batbrick?) one. )

I'm quite sure they can be found in the Net, so I can search for it, if you wish.... *sweet*

Good day! )

Yes, quite correct, though it is "The Batman and Superman Movie" I believe and it is actually just three Superman series episodes combined. I'm not a huge fan of "Mystery of the Batwoman", at all, I quite disliked it actually...Thanks for the though The Penguin.

Woah these are really cool! Simple yet very detailed great job *y* i'd buy these anyday everyday X-D

:-D, thanks hollisbrick.

Really cool, I hope TLC would make these :'-) !

I doubt they will, as they are the main draw of the set, the figs, but still, we can always hope.....Thanks too.

Nice! That nightwing would be grat for the trans-saber parts.

Ah, that would be Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which, you may be interested to know, is often the highest rated Batman film on critic sites.

Yes, I think it was. Actually, I think I may have a taped copy somewhere. I might go and look for that.

Thanks TP. I might have a look in HMV next time I'm near one, they always seem to have a load of cheap DVDs and I'm sure I've seen some of the BTAS films before.

Yes, quite correct, though it is "The Batman and Superman Movie" I believe and it is actually just three Superman series episodes combined.

Yes it is, I happened to stumble across it on Wikipedia just a few moments ago.

Very, very cool! I like all of them, and I'd definitely buy all of them. I think it'd be nice to see a few licensed Impulse sets, but not too many. The only downside would be that if they did make licensed Impulse sets, the rarity of the licensed minifigs would go down. :-/ All in all though, nice work, BatBrick! *y*

This time it's my turn to be sorry for being late *blush* .

Just one question: Where can I buy them? *wub*

After that, I think I don't need to add any comment, right *wink* .

LuxorV