The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

The acronym is the same, but it now stands for Unified Intelligence Taskforce. I think the UN objected in real life. It's now a worldwide thing, rather than a UN-only thing. It still does essentially the same job though.

The Radio Times for next week (which arrived yesterday) had its customary 14-page new series section. The titles of all but one of the episodes have been revealed, along with a few other bits of info.

Spoilers may be present:

1. Partners in Crime with Sarah Lancashire as sinister businesswoman Miss Foster, and the Adipose, possibly the cutest DW monster ever.

2. The Fires of Pompeii

3. Planet of the Ood where The Doctor discovers what made the Ood a servant race.

4. & 5. The Sontaran Stratagem/ The Poison Sky. Martha returns, as does UNIT. The Sontarans are lead by one General Staal.

6. The Doctor's Daughter Apparantly starring Georgia Moffet (Peter Davison's daughter) as the titular character. Very little is known about this episode, only that it's promised to shake our faith in the Whoniverse.

7. The Unicorn and the Wasp. The Agatha Christie episode. It looks at a period of a few weeks where Agatha Chrisite really disappeared, and returned with no memory of what happened. Something to do with giant alien wasps apparantly... Look out also for lots of Agatha Christie titles in the dialogue.

8. & 9. Silence in the Library/River's Run. These are Stephen Moffats episodes, so no doubt they're 'the scary ones' this series. It's set in an abandoned library, and fetures the Nodes and the Data Ghost.

10. Midnight. A trip to the leisure planet Midnight, and a character played by Patrick Troughton's son, David. It's turning into a 'children of the Doctor' reunion...

11. Turn Left. Donna's story arc starts to come to a close, as her life, family and world lie devastated. And only a mysteriopus girl from a parallel universe can help her, a girl thought lost forever...

12. & 13. TBA/ Journey's End. Who are the Children of Time? What is the secret of the Vault? Will everyone get out alive..? The axction takes place on a "truly epic" scale, with the whiole universe placed in danger, as an old enemy is resurrected.

I'll post more if I realise I've missed anything, as this was done partly from memory.

Thank you for sharing this information with us, it is certinly news to me. I like the idea of episode 7 *points at sig*.

I wonder who who this 'girl thought lost forever...' is, though I have one long shot of a guess.

Its Rose that is this 'girl thought lost forever...'

Remember he sealed the vortex between our world and the parallel cybermen world at AOG/Doomsday episodes, so for some reasons she's back

Remember he sealed the vortex between our world and the parallel cybermen world at AOG/Doomsday episodes, so for some reasons she's back

Kk, thats my theory down the toilet, I was under the impression it was some long lost from our world, not theirs!

Is this vortex where all the Cybermen and Darleks have a fight, get sucked into this vortex and the Doctor tried to explain to the rest about this random glowy stuff?

3. Planet of the Ood where The Doctor discovers what made the Ood a servant race.

Anyone else yawning at the prospect of this one?

I mean ok, fine. They have a budget and the costumes have already been perfected.

Do we REALLY need to know more about them?

(Besides, can this story really beat the one they premiered in? I mean hell, a giant, CGI SATAN was controlling them!

...Now we're going to get some humanitarian, "slavery is bad duuuuuuurrr" type episode?)

I was under the impression already that their slavery had been a long-conceived plan of that Satan to free himself eons later.

I think that's the idea.

Is this vortex where all the Cybermen and Darleks have a fight, get sucked into this vortex and the Doctor tried to explain to the rest about this random glowy stuff?

The void is the gap between one world and another (it's 'parallel'). The Dalek/Earth Cybermen did get sucked in at the end of Series 2, yes. They're trapped there for good (or as close to 'good' as the Whoniverse can get). Rose and co, however, are trapped on the parallel world. The 'glowy stuff' is Voidstuff by the way.

Anyone else yawning at the prospect of this one?

I mean ok, fine. They have a budget and the costumes have already been perfected.

Actually, yeah, I wasn't as intrigued by this as I perhaps should be.

Oh, btw. The bit I said before, when 4.6 was set to "shatter our faith in the Whoniverse", well, that wasn't in the Radio Times, but I did get it from somewhjere, I'm sure. I just can't find where.

The title of 4.9 has also been changed to Forest of the Dead. Ooh, sinister...

I'm personnaly looking forward to the Agatha christie episode. Apparently it's meant to be somewhat of a comedy and it's written by the same guy who wrote the Shakespeare code from last season. It'll be good to see an episode where there's no major event happening to the Doctor. Well thats my opinion anyway.

And on the subject of the Ood, I'm sure the writers will make it interesting somehow. Well, hopefully.

Only an hour left now. I'm getting excited.

EDIT: I've just finished watching the episode and I quite enjoyed it. I was quite shocked to

see Rose appear in this episode and I look forward to seeing what the hell was up with that.

Edited by Plural

I'm personnaly looking forward to the Agatha christie episode. Apparently it's meant to be somewhat of a comedy and it's written by the same guy who wrote the Shakespeare code from last season. It'll be good to see an episode where there's no major event happening to the Doctor. Well thats my opinion anyway.

I'm looking forward to spotting all the Christie in-jokes. I bet there's a reference to "the little grey cells." ;-)

EDIT: I've just finished watching the episode and I quite enjoyed it. I was quite shocked to

see Rose appear in this episode and I look forward to seeing what the hell was up with that.

That was a shock indeed. Ghosts bleeding through from the other world? Technology from parallel UNIT or Torchwood? Hmm...

I quite enjoyed this episode. The Adipose have got to be by far the cutest, sweetest Who monsters ever. I want one, I really do. There was definitely something tongue-in-cheek about this one though. That's not a bad thing of course, it's nice to get something a bit light-hearted once in a while.

I had my doubts about cathorine tate yet you seemed ok in this episode, I loved her face when she first saw the doctor through the window :0 :-D hehe.

I agree brainbox the adipose were the cutest things EVER ! I am pretty sure that we'll see "adipose soft toys" hitting the shops very soon, and i'm going to get one! X-D

I think the newspaper and that ruined seeing rose again mind, would have been alot better if they had managed to keep it under wraps then people would have been more shocked, oh well.

next episode however includes caecillius from my Latin book, hooray!

Here is the full summary of series 4 for y'all =) written by RT Davies himself. Enjoy!

Episode 1: Partners in Crime

Writer: Russell T Davies

Guest star: Sarah Lancashire

Modern-day London, and a brand-new diet pill is being tested by the mysterious Adipose Industries. Slogan: the fat just walks away! But soon, there are unexplained deaths, strange creatures in the shadows, and the Doctor starts investigating, little knowing that an old friend of his is also on the trail…

We last saw Donna Noble in the Christmas 2006 special (The Runaway Bride), when her wedding day was ruined by Robot Santas, a Giant Spider, and a villainous groom. But at the end of that story, when the Doctor offered her a place on board the Tardis, she said no. I've always imagined Donna's reaction, when she woke up on Boxing Day. "I said what??!" She's realised that life as a temp in Chiswick doesn t quite compare to adventures in time and space. Now she's determined to put that right - and once Donna decides to do something, not even the sinister Miss Foster and her macabre alien horde can stop her!

I had loved Donna so much, and wanted to write more for her, but I never dreamt for a second that Catherine Tate would be able to commit to an entire series of 13 episodes. Surely she's the busiest woman in TV, not to mention cinema? But thank God, we decided to risk it, and actually asked. And Catherine said yes! Immediately! And her performance is just dazzling. After Rose plucked our heartstrings, and Martha's love went unrequited, it's wonderful to have a companion who isn't interested in the Doctor in that way - she's a friend, an equal and a conscience, and I swear she will break your heart.

Episode 2: The Fires of Pompeii

Writer: James Moran

Guest stars: Phil Davis, Peter Capaldi, Sasha Behar

Pompeii, AD 79. And it's volcano day! But there's far more than Vesuvius to worry about: psychic powers are running rampant; a secretive Sisterhood conceals a horrifying High Priestess; and beneath the ground, vast creatures are stirring. This is where Donna truly comes into her own, challenging the Time Lord like no-one's ever done before, with one vital question: if he knows everyone is going to die, why can't he save them? For once, there's no easy answer for the Doctor, as the Cult of Vulcan prepares to forge a new empire on Earth…

After last year's visit to meet Shakespeare - our most ambitious production to date - we were determined to go one better. This production team meets every challenge thrown at it, every time. In this case, it meant taking the Tardis from Cardiff to the Cinecitt?* studios in Rome to shoot the exterior scenes. The result is spectacular, explosive and tragic.

Episode 3: Planet of the Ood

Writer: Keith Temple

Guest star: Tim McInnerny

Donna's first visit to an alien world. And it's freezing! But on the icescapes of a distant planet, the greatest danger might be from the human race itself. When the Doctor meets the Ood again - last seen in 2006's The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit - he's determined to find out the truth behind their servility. But when an Ood's eyes turn red, you know you're in trouble, and the red-eye is spreading…

Trips to alien worlds allow all our design departments to shine - from the prosthetic Ood, to incredible CG vistas, right down to the tiny details of the wardrobe department's futuristic collars and ties. But it's a savage world out there in space with soldiers and riots and betrayals - and for the Doctor, a terrifying encounter with a very big claw!

Episodes 4 and 5: The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky

Writer: Helen Raynor

Guest star: Christopher Ryan

The return of Martha Jones! We've seen Freema Agyeman take Martha from Doctor Who to Torchwood, and now back home again in her new job as medical officer for UNIT, a worldwide army dedicated to fighting alien menaces. But the menace is bigger than ever, as the threat of ATMOS spreads across the planet. Sounds like she needs her old friend, the Doctor! But he's about to meet an old enemy, as the Sontarans lie in wait - the warlike, potato-faced monsters not seen on screen since 1985. They're back, they're brutal and they're out for revenge…

This story also gives us a chance to catch up with the family Donna left behind - her no-nonsense mum (Jacqueline King) and Grandad, played by none other than Bernard Cribbins. Bernard appeared in the Christmas 2007 special, alongside Kylie Minogue, and we loved him so much, we asked him back!

Episode 6: The Doctor's Daughter

Writer: Stephen Greenhorn

Guest stars: Georgia Moffett, Nigel Terry

Yes, that's the title. And it does exactly what it says on the tin! I'm saying no more; just watch David Tennant take the Doctor into new territory, with his most spellbinding performance yet.

Episode 7: The Unicorn and the Wasp

Writer: Gareth Roberts

Guest stars: Felicity Kendal, Fenella Woolgar

In 1926, Agatha Christie mysteriously disappeared, only to be found, ten days later, with no memory of what happened. Was it a nervous breakdown? A cry for help? Or perhaps a giant alien wasp…?

It's a classic murder mystery, with a country house, vintage cars, a flapper, a vicar, a butler, a body in the library, tea on the lawn, and horrible deaths. And see if you can spot how many titles of Agatha Christie novels are hidden in the dialogue!

Episodes 8 and 9: Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead

Writer: Steven Moffat

Guest stars: Alex Kingston, Colin Salmon

Just to warn you, Steven Moffat created the "Are you my mummy?" Empty Child, Madame de Pompadour's Clockwork Droids and last year's Weeping Angels ("Don't blink!"). But I think he was just warming up, getting ready for this year's adventure. Now we've got two episodes of terror with an abandoned library, moving shadows, the gruesome Nodes, and the horrifying Data Ghost - possibly the most spine-chilling scene I've ever seen, anywhere. Don't blink indeed, don't miss a second!

[uPDATE: Forest of the Dead is the new title for what was previously announced as River's Run]

Episode 10: Midnight

Guest stars: Lesley Sharp, Lindsey Coulson, David Troughton

The planet Midnight: a leisure world! Golden spas, diamond landscapes, anti-gravity restaurants… what could possibly go wrong? But for once the Doctor's left powerless and terrified as the knocking on the wall begins…

Episode 11: Turn Left

Guest star: Chipo Chung

The strands of Donna's story begin to draw towards a terrible climax as she finds her life, her family, her entire world being devastated. Only one person can help. But this time, it's not the Doctor - it's someone from a parallel universe, a woman thought to be lost for ever…

Episodes 12 and 13: TBA/Journey's End

Guest stars: Too many to name!

It's the big finale! And the title of Episode 12 is being kept secret as it gives away too much. But the threat is on a truly epic scale, as an ancient enemy is resurrected and the whole universe is thrown into danger. Who are the Children of Time? What is the secret of the Vault? And surely, this time, not everyone can get out alive…?

-- Andrex

that picture is amazing riddler im having it! X-D

thanks for that Andrex alot of new good stories seem to be comming especially the last two! 8-| *cough* davros *cough*

;-)

No worries! I'm seriously excited about this series, so many revelations and cameos. It's definitely going to be a great few months =).

Also, I LOVE that Adipose pic ???theriddler???! Great job!

-- Andrex

I think the newspaper and that ruined seeing rose again mind, would have been alot better if they had managed to keep it under wraps then people would have been more shocked, oh well.

But we didn't know she was going to be in the first episode though, did we? Only that she was returning.

Here is the full summary of series 4 for y'all =) written by RT Davies himself. Enjoy!

I notice you put it all in. I just condensed and summarised it. :-D

I really wouldn't be shocked if in a later series we find out that baby Adiposes (Adiposii?) turn into giant skeletal monsters in there adulthood after growing out of there fat.

Or maybe it's just I can't face the fact that something can look that innocent. >:-)

Also, in episode 11, Turn Left, the guest star is Chipo Chung who previously appeared in last years episode Utopia, as Chantho.

So what do with think, will she be playing the same character or not?

Edited by Plural

Also, in episode 11, Turn Left, the guest star is Chipo Chung who previously appeared in last years episode Utopia, as Chantho.

So what do with think, will she be playing the same character or not?

Yes, I noticed that. Seeing as how Chantho died, it's likely to be another character. Unless it's set before.

I have a pretty good feeling about this new season.

I think it'll pick me up from the mild terribleness of last season.

Lol, anyone else's ears pop up when they start playing Owen's theme music in Torchwood?

In the episode where he raided the old man's house... that music was almost on par with Rose's tragic music in "Doomsday".

And now it's like, every time he pops up in an episode (or someone's even talking about him lol) ...there's HIS music. Powerful stuff.

Episode 7: The Unicorn and the Wasp

Writer: Gareth Roberts

Guest stars: Felicity Kendal, Fenella Woolgar

In 1926, Agatha Christie mysteriously disappeared, only to be found, ten days later, with no memory of what happened. Was it a nervous breakdown? A cry for help? Or perhaps a giant alien wasp…?

And, just like the Ood, this BETTER not be just because they already had the expensive computer model on hand from Torchwood's giant wasp episode.

and last year's Weeping Angels ("Don't blink!")

I kid you not... at some point in the future I will have real money. Along with that, a house with a nice garden area.

And inside THAT, there will be a replica of the 4 angels all staring at each other.

I have a pretty good feeling about this new season.

I think it'll pick me up from the mild terribleness of last season.

It's called excitement. I'd have to agree with you though, this season does look really good, and I hope it lives up to my expectations (which I'm sure it will).

In the episode where he raided the old man's house... that music was almost on par with Rose's tragic music in "Doomsday".

And now it's like, every time he pops up in an episode (or someone's even talking about him lol) ...there's HIS music. Powerful stuff.

Again, I agree with you. A fantastic composition, and if I'm honest, a tune I was singing for days afterwards. Unfortunately, you've just got it stuck in my head. *laugh*

And, just like the Ood, this BETTER not be just because they already had the expensive computer model on hand from Torchwood's giant wasp episode.

But... they haven't. I assume you mean Reset, in which case the alien insects were mayfly, not wasps.

And inside THAT, there will be a replica of the 4 angels all staring at each other.

Yeah? Well mine gets a TARDIS at the bottom of the garden, and a Torchwood-mobile in the drive. *laugh*

It's called excitement. I'd have to agree with you though, this season does look really good, and I hope it lives up to my expectations (which I'm sure it will).

Again, I agree with you. A fantastic composition, and if I'm honest, a tune I was singing for days afterwards. Unfortunately, you've just got it stuck in my head. *laugh*

But... they haven't. I assume you mean Reset, in which case the alien insects were mayfly, not wasps.

Yeah? Well mine gets a TARDIS at the bottom of the garden, and a Torchwood-mobile in the drive. *laugh*

Cybermen statues lining the garden, a TARDIS fountain, and in my kitchen I have a TARDIS roundel lazy susan. Not to mention my bathroom is decorated so that my toilet becomes the Eye of Harmony from the TV movie. And my closet is the TARDIS wardrobe. I will drive the Whomobile. And at my job at Industrial Electromatics, I will wear a rainbow suit and be the laughingstock of my inferiors.

Oh, and this thing Just Cybermen, nothing much.

Just wondering what everybody's opinions on Torchwood are.

Personally I thought it was good, but no way up to standard of Doctor Who and at times it was a bit silly.

I'm curious to see everyone else's opinions.

Edited by Plural

I will drive the Whomobile.

Which one? Bessie, or the (actual) Whomobile? Because I'm having Bessie.

I don't know, I quite liked it. Sure, it's not Doctor Who, but it's not bad. And I kind of fancied Tosh a bit...

So, The Fires Of Pompeii. Did everyone notice the "She is returning to you" line from Evalina? Now I wonder who that could be...

Not a bad episode. Quite heavy though. The adult Pyroviles were cool though, and did anyone else think they looked just a little bit like Movie Optimus Prime?

I thought the pyroviles looked really awesome, they were big, imposing brutes.

So, The Fires Of Pompeii. Did everyone notice the "She is returning to you" line from Evalina? Now I wonder who that could be...

I have no idea? Sarah Jane Smith perhaps?

Evalina also said "the medusa cascade" which the Master also mentioned last series, according to Russel T. Davies that will come back to haunt us. :look: And whenever we've heard it we've also heard of plantes disappearing. And both the Adipose and Pyrovile home planets disappeared. See what I'm getting at.

And I kind of fancied Tosh a bit...

I suppose it's better than that rather strange thing you've got with Babs Gordon. :grin:

Edited by Plural

Personally I thought it was good, but no way up to standard of Doctor Who and at times it was a bit silly.

first season of torchwood was crap tbh, apart from the last 4 or 5 episodes, most of the second season was really good, the novels are good, border princes by Dan Abnett is the best imo

I have no idea? Sarah Jane Smith perhaps?

Its Rose, remember only Donna saw Rose, and she didn't know who it was, the doc still think she's on petes world.

And I kind of fancied Tosh a bit...

so did i,

Evalina also said "the medusa cascade" which the Master also mentioned last series, according to Russel T. Davies that will come back to haunt us.

Interesting, source? i'll watch last of the time lords again, i expect it has to do with the re-appearance of Rose and the daleks.

And whenever we've heard it we've also heard of plantes disappearing. And both the Adipose and Pyrovile home planets disappeared. See what I'm getting at

I was expecting them to have disappeared during the timewar, like the auton planet was in rose, there was a throw away comment about bee's disappearing as well in Partners in crime.

I was expecting them to have disappeared during the timewar, like the auton planet was in rose, there was a throw away comment about bee's disappearing as well in Partners in crime.

If I remember correctly bees are actually disappearing, as in real life. Heres one article which mentions it: Where are all the bees going?

AndI was joking about the Sarah Jane Smith thing. :wink: