Khorne

EBRP Discussion Thread

Hey, you stole iamded's hammer... :-P

I'm pretty sure I killed him for it.

X-O Oh no!

I don't want to be on the Skellie team! X-D I'm sure we can come to a compromise, 2 angry whackers with large hammers sounds perfectly safe, no?

~Peace

X-O

Nobody kills my mate and gets away with it! >:-( whoa, easy now, just put the hammer down, that's it...

*slowly walks backwards away from an angry Hinkley Dimple Chubb-Bobbins*

A word of advice to the general community, don't back chat a dwarf... 8-| *rubs bump on head*

:-P

Edited by dragonator

Thanks for that, it makes much more sense. So instead of having points and crazy rules about moving and turns, you can just come in and type up the next part of your characters' story. That is right, isn't it? *sweet*

Basically, we are writing intertwining stories! I get it! X-D

Will the map be entirely random, or can each faction have territory and cities? For example the main city for my faction (the Dragon Masters) would be Dragons Keep. Does that sound good?

My reason for asking is that I would quite like to take this as a chance to do some large scale MOCs, such as large castles etc. So can we also include pictures to tell our stories? I am presuming yes. X-D

I don't really get what you mean with a random map *wacko* , but every faction will have territory :-) . It'll be up to you, though, to invent the cities in those territories, so basicly you can put Dragons Keep where you want in DM territory ;-) .

Yes, you can include pics but it's not obliged to do so ;-) :-P .

Here's a WIP version of the map. I'm still thinking on how to put a grid on it |-/ . The final version will be much sharper though, I just saved this one as a .gif so everybody could view it without any problems. DM are orange :-P .

mapwip1.gif_thumb.jpg

Click the thumbnail to see the full version, again, final one will be bigger and sharper

I still need a shield for the Undead, Dwarf and Ninja factions, so if anyone could make a shield decal for those I'd be very grateful *sweet* . I'll try to take care of the Orcs myself.

Could we create a new thread dedicated for characters presentations only ? That'd make it easier to follow

Could we create a new thread dedicated for characters presentations only ? That'd make it easier to follow
Yes, I was planning on doing that, but I was going to wait until I had finished the map and we were all set to go, to do so. I didn't wish to overwhelm the forum with threads about this :-) .

would it be possialbe to have 2 islands so we can have boat farers and such
There will already have to be boat farers to go from the main island to the smaller surrounding islands ;-) .

I like the idea of having it be something that doesn't require a lot of participation. I also like the idea of basing it on the current Castle line.

Steve

Hey Hinkley, is the green tattoo a custom one or from a set? If it's custom, then I wont quite be able to make you... :'-(

Love the hammer, it's like your trademark! X-D

Awww, man, my character had a giant mallet (its longer and darker), but now I cant use it since I found this thread too late :-(

I've made my character. *sweet*

His name's Adym. :-)

roleplay_2.jpg

And again with some scenery, ye olde sailboate.

roleplay_1.jpg

~Peace

I'm definitely joining this, but should I wait for a character topic to go up to post my character? And also, should backstory go in the character info, or should I save it for my first post?

~Trexxen

I'm definitely joining this, but should I wait for a character topic to go up to post my character? And also, should backstory go in the character info, or should I save it for my first post?

~Trexxen

You can already post it here if you want to show it off :-P . But if you don't like doing things twice, wait until the new topic is up :-P . Background can be summed up in the character info.

In the meanwhile, I continued to work on the map, behold the new WIP version X-O :

eb_map_wip.jpg_thumb.jpg

@ Pencoin: Maj seems to be down so I've uploaded your pic on BS, here's the new link ;-) .

I'm in, if there is some space left... Shadows, need a Arch-nemesis? >:-)

EDIT- Haha, charachter made, a captain of a small ship, accaptable?

Staudie.

Edited by Stauder

I like the map, it is looking great! *sweet* I can see some good opportunities for battle scenes, the scorpion knights are right next door to me. >:-)

I am still ever so slightly confused on how we are to play. :-$ I've got it that we are each writing connecting stories, but are we going to have enemies etc? So can we attack other people and form alliances and conquer territory? Some guidelines for this would be nice, not restricting but letting us know what sort of things we can do. For example I was thinking that we could have battles against your enemies (some cool MOCs would come of these ;-) ) and win their territory etc...

Just a though, please let us know. X-D

EDIT: By the way, nice sigfig iamded, I'm pretty sure I have all the parts for that one! X-D

Edited by dragonator

I am still ever so slightly confused on how we are to play. :-$ I've got it that we are each writing connecting stories, but are we going to have enemies etc? So can we attack other people and form alliances and conquer territory? Some guidelines for this would be nice, not restricting but letting us know what sort of things we can do. For example I was thinking that we could have battles against your enemies (some cool MOCs would come of these ;-) ) and win their territory etc...
There can be wars and stuff but please try to keep that at a minimum. And don't start wars just because you want war, make sure you have good, 'realistic' motives. Plus, please try to avoid plunging the entire continent in war, that would be last thing I want ;-) . As for the territory, I don't really like the idea of taking away enemy territory, because I would have to redraw the map the entire time :-P .

Oh, I've finished the map so the final character thread will be up today if everything goes well *sweet* .

*ATTENTION!*

Final character thread is up, see it here. Please keep in mind that thread is reserved for character registration only! Please repost your characters there!

The EBRP will start officially on Friday 4th of April.

Edited by KhoRne

Posted, Is it acceptable? As for which harbour he sails out of, there must be a river of some sort going from the crownie land out to sea. >:-)

John "Zeek" Ezekiel. *sweet*

Posted, Is it acceptable? As for which harbour he sails out of, there must be a river of some sort going from the crownie land out to sea. >:-)

John "Zeek" Ezekiel. *sweet*

Sure it's acceptable, but I'd prefer if you'd just post one pic per character not to flood the thread with pics ;-) . Just post the link to the other pic :-) . As for the river, invent one. All landmarks will need to be invented, I'll add these to a second topographic map later on ;-) . Anyway, congrats on being the first to post his character in the character thread :-P .

Thank you! Where's my champagne? Hey! >:-(

I edited the post.

Stauder.

One pic is allowed ;-) . Sorry if I didn't make myself clear 8-| . I added a section about this in the other thread so it all becomes clearer (I hope) :-) .

Here's your champagne:

6933c.jpg

X-D

You added a rule about creatures that are allowed. Moc creatures it seems are not allowed, is that correct?

I know some people would hate this rule but might I suggest that if you (or someone else on your behalf) cannot build and photograph it (when pertaining to things like creature or buildings then it should not be allowed, but if you can build and photograph it, it should be.

I'm in, Woohoo! Is there going to be a new thread on the fourth? I don't think we can use this one...

Sure, I'm in. I'll post my character in a couple of days, when I can get a good pic of it. Our character doesn't have to be in by Friday, does it?

TK