Sign in to follow this  
Tarfful

Devil's Hot Rod

indexed.gif V-LV-16B

Hello friends,

Introducing my first MOC posted here the Devil's Hot Rod.

It is a small 4 stud wide Deuce roadster hot rod. It is for the EB Hot Rod contest by Captain Green Hair, but I'm posting more pics here aswell as the backstory.

Shall we begin...

The backstory:

The Devil thought it was high time he have his own cute menacing hot rod to win all the races in Hell. *skull*

So he made a small but very fast hot rod in his favorite colors, Red and Black, and put his most able bodied demon racer in the cockpit.

This is the very adorable menacing >:-) result:

First some pics without the Demon driver:

003.jpg

The grill is in the likeness of a very angry and hungary demon.

004.jpg

Rearend shot, notice the bumper, exhaust pipe, oversized and exposed engine, and very smooth Deuce backend.

005.jpg

Side view, notice the oversized wheels.

007.jpg

"Hungary, must eat more pavement!"

008.jpg

Bird's eye view, notice back wheels are wider apart then the front and that the interior is studless.

010.jpg

Now the Hot Rod with Demon Driver Ted, what not is Ted not a menacing enough demon name for you. :-P

Ted with the Devil's Hot Rod, sorry for the blurry pic, don't have a great camera. :-$

012.jpg

Ted with visor down.

013.jpg

Side view with Ted at the wheel.

014.jpg

Ted driving into the sunset errr... Lego pile. X-D

015.jpg

Last of all an angled rearend shot of Ted in the driver's seat, which is also the only seat. X-D

017.jpg

I had a lot of fun building this little studless Deuce style Hot Rod and hope you enjoy looking at it.

Comments and Critiscism are most welcome.

-Tarfful

Edited by Phred

Let me know if you want to enter this in the hot rod contest. We would have to close this topic, but wouldn't it be fun to enter? *sweet*

I shall offer some critique in the meantime. First of all, congratulations on your first MOC and thanks for sharing it with us. While it's incredibly creative I have a couple of pointers for possible improvements. I really like the demon face on the front. That's very clever. My only problem with the MOC itself is that it's a little bulky. It seems to be built a little high and so it misses out on that hot rod feel. You should take a look at some actual hot rods. Do a google image search for hot rods to get an idea of what makes every hot rod a hot rod. You may find some different ideas for the chassis and tire size, etc. Other than that, you used some great snot techniques and some clever hand and leg use as well. That's a lot of advanced technique for a first MOC. Nice job. *sweet*

Let me know if you want to enter this in the hot rod contest. We would have to close this topic, but wouldn't it be fun to enter? *sweet*

Sure I'd like to enter Hinck, *sweet* I just didn't know we had to close this down if I did. :-$

-Tarfful

Well, it's something new we've started doing. If you enter a contest, wait until after the contest closes to show off the MOC in a separate thread. Otherwise, I guess it seems to some like over-campaigning your entry. I could "hide" this until the contest is concluded if you'd like.

Well, it's something new we've started doing. If you enter a contest, wait until after the contest closes to show off the MOC in a separate thread. Otherwise, I guess it seems to some like over-campaigning your entry. I could "hide" this until the contest is concluded if you'd like.

That would be awesome of you Hinckley! Thanks. *sweet*

-Tarfful

Now that the contest is over we can revive this thread from it's slumber. :classic:

A nice and pretty compact looking vehicle, a little like a buggy version of a hot rod, demoniac ride on! :classic: