Batbrick

Gotham Police Station

theaterindex.gif

Hello again. I've really wanted to make a Gotham police Station for ages now, and eventually decided to mod my 2005 police station (which imo, is a bit underrated and gets too much of a bad rap). After starting, I quickly realised mine was a super mod, redoing entire sections and creating others. I'm glad to show you the final result, which I am very happy with:

p1220282.jpg

This was originally going to be in Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat 4 until I realised how big it was getting:

p1220283.jpg

I even added new interior as well:

p1220284.jpg

And, as you can see, I made the buildings 2-4 studs thicker at the back, allowing for much more room inside the building:

p1220285.jpg

Overall shot, the two sections on the far right are entirely new, and the left ones have been modded quite a bit:

p1220286.jpg

Another overall shot, I placed the tree there to fill in that annoying hole:

p1220289.jpg

Two generic policemen, in the closeup on the new section. I built this part very carefully to use the baseplate as well as I could:

p1220299.jpg

Another shot, I love this building, though it seems the "GCPD" sign is accidentally rolled back here:

p1220300.jpg

The higher up newer section, which serves as a cell. The original was on it's own in a vulnerable position, so I've relocated it to a better, safer place:

p1220301.jpg

This shot was hard to get, in side the lower new section: The Store room. On the right is police equipment, on the left is confiscated items. These include: Joker bomb, Poison Ivy plant, Clayface mud, Batarang, Catwoman whip, Tommy Gun and Penguin's umbrella:

p1220306.jpg

The research room. Sorry for the blur, I don't have a Macro function (that I know of anyway). The background isn't bricked in properly in this pic because moments before I pulled the roof off for the previous shot. There are stairs leading into the storage room as well:

p1220308.jpg

The much loved box of donuts X-D :

p1220310.jpg

The entrance, where reception lies. I'm pretty happy with the tap too:

p1220311.jpg

Upstairs, the interrogation room. I like the fire extinguisher here too:

p1220312.jpg

The entrance to the cell. I don't have those awesome new prison doors yet, so mine just barely opens right now. Note LuxorV's awesome Mad Hatter in the cell. Thanks a heap for that LuxorV! :'-) . Note also the Wanted sign:

p1220315.jpg

Heres the cell, the only room with a back in it, for fun:

p1220316.jpg

The cell wall is only attached by three points, so it is easily removed for escape:

p1220317.jpg

p1220320.jpg

Sorry again for the blur, heres the picture and temporary evidence room (meaning this is where the evidence goes before storage):

p1220321.jpg

p1220323.jpg

Officer office, here with evidence and fingerprints of someone who stole Two identical diamonds from Gotham Museum:

p1220324.jpg

The time, bin, and hallway:

p1220325.jpg

Outside platform and hallway:

p1220326.jpg

Bullock eating a donut, and Montoya on the roof, I'm rather happy with the railing here:

p1220328.jpg

Gordon (credit goes to The Penguin for this fig inspiration) on the roof with the Batsignal. I'm extremely happy with how the sign decal came out and the signal too:

p1220336.jpg

Gordon's office, with a copied Bane Wanted poster, Fear Gas bomb, Gotham City map, telephone, computer and suitcase:

p1220332.jpg

The figs, left to right, Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, generic policeman #1, generic policeman #2, and Boingo the Magical Puppy. Not really, he's just a policedog #3.

p1220340.jpg

Final overall shot:

p1220288.jpg

More pics Here.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed building and sharing it, comments and criticism as well as thoughts on whether that technic piece works as a donut appreciated! :-D

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

Finally Batbrick, you provided! Though, I'm not sure about he donuts, I'll review it like so:

The exterior: At first glance, I would say that this is an extremely modded police set, but it's so much more than that *wub* The overall appearance is stunning! You've clearly impressed my bud!

Prison cells: Ooh! *wub* Another great addition BB! I love the one that holds all of the weapons, they all look so great.

The roof: Ooh, Gordon looks great! I love the Batsignal, such a creative idea. *y*

The interior: I already told you I'm not sure about them donuts, but I'll let this one slip :-D The interior is my favorite part of this whole thing, it is so detailed! *wub* Wow, Mad Hatter looks great! LuxorV did a great job on him! He's a beautiful looking fig! All of the detail in here, is awesome! *y*

Figs: These are great too! I love how you used IJ heads on them, they look great.

You did a great job on this Batbrick! I'd love to see more mods like this from you *wub*

I'm still not sure about that donut though... 8-|

*sweet*

That's some great MOD-ing. I've always thought that the last police station had a lot of potential, and you've made it happen. The interior detail is great. I really like that you've turned the rooms into functional rooms be making them deeper and connecting them together as one would expect in a real building.

Have you tried modifying Arkham, yet? That's been my pet project, though I have not had any time to spend on it.

Edited by Tacitus

That is stunning! I love it! Clearly a lot of work has been put into this, it looks fantastic! Expect a more in depth review later.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Great work! I agree that this set is very under-rated. (I have it too.) You have done a great job in re-working this set, and I like the figs too! I especially like that at a casual glance it's seems the same, but the more you look at it the more you realise that almost everthing has changed. The prison is probably the biggest improvement; I liked the look of the original, but it makes no sense! :-D Interestingly one of my projects is rebuilding my police station so it looks like the old one but still fits in next to Green Grocer...

Finally Batbrick, you provided! Though, I love the donuts, I'll review it like so:

The exterior: At first glance, I would say that this is an extremely modded police set, but it's so much more than that *wub* The overall appearance is stunning! You've clearly impressed my bud!

Prison cells: Ooh! *wub* Another great addition BB! I love the one that holds all of the weapons, they all look so great.

The roof: Ooh, Gordon looks great! I love the Batsignal, such a creative idea. *y*

The interior: I already told you I love them donuts. The interior is my favorite part of this whole thing, it is so detailed! *wub* Wow, Mad Hatter looks great! LuxorV did a great job on him! He's a beautiful looking fig! All of the detail in here, is awesome! *y*

Figs: These are great too! I love how you used IJ heads on them, they look great.

You did a great job on this Batbrick! I'd love to see more mods like this from you *wub*

Love that donut too! 8-|

Thanks Exobuilder, I'm glad you loved the donuts! (edits your quote >:-) )

Thankyou a heap mate, thanks for your comment's I'm really glad you like it, and the interior too. LuxorV did do a fantastic job didn't he?

I'm glad you like the figs too, IJ is a great source of fleshie heads, Belloq is going to be my real Mad Hatter head when I get him. I love collecting fleshies, because you have to make do and look forward to fleshie sets.

That's some great MOD-ing. I've always thought that the last police station had a lot of potential, and you've made it happen. The interior detail is great. I really like that you've turned the rooms into functional rooms be making them deeper and connecting them together as one would expect in a real building.

Have you tried modifying Arkham, yet? That's been my pet project, though I have not had any time to spend on it.

Thanks Tacticus, thanks for noticing how I connected the rooms too, I tried hard to make it more real so thanks a heap. Yes I do plan to also supermod Arkham, and make it bigger and hold more cells. It will be about as large as this police station is right now, but I'm not starting yet due to a real lack of frown and I'm scared! First off is my own Wayne Manor with a boatload of tan from Town House, The Lost Tomb, and the upcoming Temple of Akator.

That is stunning! I love it! Clearly a lot of work has been put into this, it looks fantastic! Expect e more in depth review later.

~Peace

Thanks bud, much appreciated! I look forward to your more indepth review!

Great work! I agree that this set is very under-rated. (I have it too.) You have done a great job in re-working this set, and I like the figs too! I especially like that at a casual glance it's seems the same, but the more you look at it the more you realise that almost everthing has changed. The prison is probably the biggest improvement; I liked the look of the original, but it makes no sense! :-D Interestingly one of my projects is rebuilding my police station so it looks like the old one but still fits in next to Green Grocer...

Thanks Sinner, I always appreciate your comments. Yeah, at first it was just a quick mod, but as you say the more I went around the more I changed, so thanks for noticing that. And that prison cell I'm glad you like, the original was nice but as you say was ridiculous! :-D

Nice to find another person who likes the set, I think the baseplate is what the main detractor is, so the main thing I focused on was using that better. I really look forward to your Green Grocer fit-in station then!

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

This is the only thing i can say, really fantastic, great, but i saw the first photo, i think, it's good, but then i saw every photo, i thought, wow, really good made, FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really want it, and good mad hatter!

This is really good and I love all the little touches you've added. At first glance I wasn't to fussed about it, but the more I look at it the better it seems to be. I simply cannot pick fault with it, it's just so very good.

Also I *wub* your donuts.

Good job. *sweet*

Very impressive work. I don't see TLC giving us a "Real" GCPD anytime soon, so this is a great inspiration for me. You worked in a load of details that are both playable and make sense for the characters and situations. And I love Luxor's Mad Hatter. Very nicely done.

Great work as always, Batbrick! ) *sweet*

I simply love the donuts! ))))) X-D

Speaking seriously, I like the way you modded the police station: especially it's interior, those nice little details are simply wonderful. ) But the exterior is also good. ) And I really love the rooftop with Batsignal.... )

Again, great work! ) I'm looking forward to seeing some other Gotham-MOC's from you! ) :'-)

Good day! )

I hope this thing is modular, it looks really great! I recommend remaking the cars two figs wide. Those generic models do not work well with your more realistic police station.

How many pieces does it use? I would love if LEGO would start building better town components like this.

i really love what you have done here!

i saw the images last night on brickshelf and saved a coupled on my pc!

great work!

interesting design

and i also have this set and really like it!

Makes the "normal" 05 station look like crap which is what it was Nice i realy like it if i werent geting 7744 i would customize my 05 station like yours ;-) *y*

This is the only thing i can say, really fantastic, great, but i saw the first photo, i think, it's good, but then i saw every photo, i thought, wow, really good made, FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really want it, and good mad hatter!

Thankyou theriddler, I'm glad you like it. But the Mad Hatter is LuxorV's, not mine ;-)

This is really good and I love all the little touches you've added. At first glance I wasn't to fussed about it, but the more I look at it the better it seems to be. I simply cannot pick fault with it, it's just so very good.

Also I *wub* your donuts.

Good job. *sweet*

Thankyou very much Plural, great to see someone who love the technicy donuts too! X-D

Very impressive work. I don't see TLC giving us a "Real" GCPD anytime soon, so this is a great inspiration for me. You worked in a load of details that are both playable and make sense for the characters and situations. And I love Luxor's Mad Hatter. Very nicely done.
Thanks jedikermit, I agree too, I doubt we'll get a GCPD from Lego. Glad to have served as inspiration, thanks for the comments.
Great work as always, Batbrick! ) *sweet*

I simply love the donuts! ))))) X-D

Speaking seriously, I like the way you modded the police station: especially it's interior, those nice little details are simply wonderful. ) But the exterior is also good. ) And I really love the rooftop with Batsignal.... )

Again, great work! ) I'm looking forward to seeing some other Gotham-MOC's from you! ) :'-)

Good day! )

Thankyou as always my good friend, I also look forward to making more Gotham Mocs. I have a Wayne Manor, Batcave extension, Arkham supersizing and Gotham Bank planned. Good day to you too!

I hope this thing is modular, it looks really great! I recommend remaking the cars two figs wide. Those generic models do not work well with your more realistic police station.

How many pieces does it use? I would love if LEGO would start building better town components like this.

Its kind of modular, if I had more pieces the buildings would be much more separable. I agree too, one of my many many projects is to make the Gotham Police Squad, its cars and Vans with my custom decals. I'm not sure how many pieces sorry, but it is certainly a lot more than the original, but still not as much as it appears due to large wall panels. I think Lego is not beyond making something this size I'm sure, for wide release that is. Thanks for your comments too, much appreciated.

i really love what you have done here!

i saw the images last night on brickshelf and saved a coupled on my pc!

great work!

interesting design

and i also have this set and really like it!

Wow! You saw it before I posted it? Thanks for your comments, I'm overjoyed with the reaction, I'm not a very talented builder. Glad to see someone else who loves the set too.

Makes the "normal" 05 station look like crap which is what it was Nice i realy like it if i werent geting 7744 i would customize my 05 station like yours ;-) *y*

Umm, not sure whether to take this a compliment or not, you say mine makes the original look like crap, but then state (I think) that the original is crap anyway (I disagree), so is mine good or not? I can't tell from your long sentence, so I'll just say thanks for the second part, because I see a compliment there :-D

Stalking iamded! *skull*

Officer office, here with evidence and fingerprints of someone who stole Two identical diamonds from Gotham Museum:

Hmm, I wonder who that could be...

Anyway, I like this. I can see my umbrella in there now, and I'm glad you liked it enough to use it. The other details (ie the donuts) are pretty nifty too. Overall, it's a logical, sensible structure, with some cool insider details.

But really, how can you make Gordon's office without the red 60s Bat-phone? *beep beep beep*

Hmm, I wonder who that could be...

Anyway, I like this. I can see my umbrella in there now, and I'm glad you liked it enough to use it. The other details (ie the donuts) are pretty nifty too. Overall, it's a logical, sensible structure, with some cool insider details.

But really, how can you make Gordon's office without the red 60s Bat-phone? *beep beep beep*

Thanks, glad you like it. As for the red phone, maybe because I don't have one? X-D

I guess I could paint it like I did Ace the Bathound though....

Stalking BB1! >:-)

What a fine and thoughtful work, the overall design of it just looks smart and very clever. The new prison fits marvelous, and the

incredible amount of very fine details, especially the doughnuts, the two jewels, the piece of clay and the Mad Hatter´re plain cool.

The whole MOC´s just wonderful, very decent in shape and structure, and your Commissioner Gordon and the other MFs fit into it very well. :'-) *y*

Batbrick, you have made an amazing MOC. Everything about it is just awesome, from the superdetailed interior to the proportions to the minifigures... I could go on and on. *wub*

I think the best part is that you've designed it so well that I could actually see TLC doing a kit like this. I'm sure it'd sell well! And I agree, the 2005 Police station is underated. I think the only real flaw is that it is on a rocky baseplate, but I don't think that it would be too hard to move it to a normal one. However, with a design like yours there's no need to do that. ;-)

Edited by Grevious

Now for my thorough analysis!

The overall view of this looks great, I love the use of those windows that slope out as they go up, and the detail makes it look all the more better.

The storage room is awesome, it's cool that you included things from characters TLC hasn't yet made, like the Clayface mud. It all looks very neat organised like that too.

The research room looks great too, equipped with all they need, including donuts and coffee. :-D

The reception area is neat, nice job with the tap. And again, the necessary coffee. :-D

The interrogation room is nice, but another seat wouldn't hurt. Unless of course they like to play bad cop, all standing up and intimidating. >:-) Nice touch with the fire extinguisher, is that for 'interrogation' too? >:-) :-P

The cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D Anyway, the removable cell wall is a great touch too.

The temporary evidence room is nice and simple with everything you need, same fo the photography room.

The office looks fantastic, though what's an axe doing in there? 8-| X-D

Little details like the clock adn bin you've pu in the hall make this thing all the more cooler. The outside platform is nice too, for those cops who want to get a bit of air.

The railing on the roof is great, nicely done! I like the Batsignal on the roof, but I thought the cops were against Batman?

Gordon's office is neat, and fits in nicely with the rest of the building, and all the figs are great too.

And now what I've been saving till now: *y* *y* *y*

And yes, that technic piece works great as a donut. :-D

~Peace

Thanks, glad you like it. As for the red phone, maybe because I don't have one? X-D

I guess I could paint it like I did Ace the Bathound though....

*beep beep beep*

Stalking BB1! >:-)

8-|

cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D

Mad Hatter models himself after the Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland. Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan, on the other hand, doesn't.

What a fine and thoughtful work, the overall design of it just looks smart and very clever. The new prison fits marvelous, and the

incredible amount of very fine details, especially the doughnuts, the two jewels, the piece of clay and the Mad Hatter´re plain cool.

The whole MOC´s just wonderful, very decent in shape and structure, and your Commissioner Gordon and the other MFs fit into it very well. :'-) *y*

Thankyou Asuka, very much appreciated, more love for the donuts I see X-D

Batbrick, you have made an amazing MOC. Everything about it is just awesome, from the superdetailed interior to the proportions to the minifigures... I could go on and on. *wub*

I think the best part is that you've designed it so well that I could actually see TLC doing a kit like this. I'm sure it'd sell well! And I agree, the 2005 Police station is underated. I think the only real flaw is that it is on a rocky baseplate, but I don't think that it would be too hard to move it to a normal one. However, with a design like yours there's no need to do that. ;-)

Thankyou Grevious, I appreciate your comments. I agree about the rocky plate, but I needed it to make it appear higher, and see if I could put it to good use. Thanks again.

Now for my thorough analysis!

The overall view of this looks great, I love the use of those windows that slope out as they go up, and the detail makes it look all the more better.

The storage room is awesome, it's cool that you included things from characters TLC hasn't yet made, like the Clayface mud. It all looks very neat organised like that too.

The research room looks great too, equipped with all they need, including donuts and coffee. :-D

The reception area is neat, nice job with the tap. And again, the necessary coffee. :-D

The interrogation room is nice, but another seat wouldn't hurt. Unless of course they like to play bad cop, all standing up and intimidating. >:-) Nice touch with the fire extinguisher, is that for 'interrogation' too? >:-) :-P

The cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D Anyway, the removable cell wall is a great touch too.

The temporary evidence room is nice and simple with everything you need, same fo the photography room.

The office looks fantastic, though what's an axe doing in there? 8-| X-D

Little details like the clock adn bin you've pu in the hall make this thing all the more cooler. The outside platform is nice too, for those cops who want to get a bit of air.

The railing on the roof is great, nicely done! I like the Batsignal on the roof, but I thought the cops were against Batman?

Gordon's office is neat, and fits in nicely with the rest of the building, and all the figs are great too.

And now what I've been saving till now: *y* *y* *y*

And yes, that technic piece works great as a donut. :-D

~Peace

Wow! talk about detailed there iamded, thanks bud, I may even consider not stalking you for a while. Yes! You love the donut, I knew it! X-D

I agree that the interrogation room probably needs another seat, but thanks for giving me a good excuse, the Good Cop Bad Cop routine never fails.

And I guess the fire extinguisher could be used as a bit of "persuasion" ;-)

The axe is meant to be for emergencies, though I can understand it being a little random.

The cops have been against Batman a lot during his crusade, but for the most part, especially after Year One, Gordon and the police worked with him on many cases (though some did it reluctantly). This relationship has always been mantained in the long run, despite several manhunts and such when Bats has been framed or whatnot.

Thanks again for your comments.

Mad Hatter models himself after the Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland. Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan, on the other hand, doesn't.

Thats just funny :-D

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Even if I'm not specially crazy about City or Batman LEGO I have to say it's an amazing MOC, specially the interior. Great Job! *wub*

Even if I'm not specially crazy about City or Batman LEGO I have to say it's an amazing MOC, specially the interior. Great Job! *wub*

Thanks very much BlueBard, much appreciated.

Your Mocs never cease to amaze me *wub*

:-D , thanks again hollisbrick, thankyou for your compliments.

Batbrick Away! >:-)