Hinckley

Block Block Contest

Just wanted to thank you for this extemely fun contest, Hinckley. *sweet* *sweet*

Edited by zero1312

Alex Wilson! You're so weird! I absolutely love it. Welcome to Eurobricks and thank you for making your very first post an entry in my goofy contest.

Thanks, Hinckley. And thanks for encouraging me to delurk by doing this thing.

Alex.

What was "un-executable" about that?

That wasn't my original idea *wacko* I was going to do a concert to start with, with an exploding rubbish bin e.t.c...but then that got sidelined for other contests. Then when you rushed me, I started trying to do a Hippy Battle Wheel based on the Troll Battle Wheel, but using a litter-firing version of the standard Viking multi-fire thing, but I couldn't get to build it in a TLC way... ;-)

But, I'm honestly most impressed with the lamp post you built because it doesn't follow the current LEGO standard which I am so likely to stick to when building MOCs. Way to pay attention to detail even when being goofy! *wub*

If you'd browsed my BS, you would have seen an early form of the lampost from my first attempts back when this contest started :-P

litter.jpg

That's fine. Three shots are allowed per entry, and like SlyOwl, if you have the capabilities, you can add those action sequence bars, sure. Yes. Of course. Have fun. Knock yourself out. Enjoy. Do it. Right. Go right ahead. See if I care. Can't wait to see it. Sounds cool. Let's see it already. Bye. :-P

Well... if you insist. X-D I posted the box art of my set and the theme description. Hope you like it - I made it just the way you wanted it, with the ship and a glow-in-the-dark moon and everything! *sweet* Sorry I didn't come up with some hilarious garbage related crazy set; I took this contest all too serious to begin with :-$ and actually tried to interpret the theme of the set in the picture in a way TLC would market it. :-| If you notice, I even wrote my post like an actual letter to TLC, just like the rules stated. :-| Although it might seem a bit boring compared to the other entries, I am quite satisfied with the background story I came up with for the theme. It's like a mix between the plots of the cartoon shows "Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Samurai Jack". :-P They should totally make an action-packed animated show out of this! X-D Anyway, enjoy! the rest comes later.

Thanks, Hinckley. And thanks for encouraging me to delurk by doing this thing.

Alex.

You're welcome! And I'm so glad you did. *sweet*

Just wanted to thank you for this extemely fun contest, Hinckley. *sweet* *sweet*

No problem! I've very glad you enjoyed it!

That wasn't my original idea *wacko* I was going to do a concert to start with, with an exploding rubbish bin e.t.c...but then that got sidelined for other contests. Then when you rushed me, I started trying to do a Hippy Battle Wheel based on the Troll Battle Wheel, but using a litter-firing version of the standard Viking multi-fire thing, but I couldn't get to build it in a TLC way... ;-)

Well, as they say, it's the thought that counts and that's a pretty funny idea. :-D Love the garbage wheel...

Well... if you insist. X-D I posted the box art of my set and the theme description. Hope you like it - ...

I do like it a lot! It's an excellent entry. I love your back story. You put a lot of thought into it. You did forget to include the price point and the piece count, though...Great interpretation of that ship! I love it. It's a nice simple design, I would buy it. I really like your jetpack villain too. Again, we have non-traditional lampposts. Clever use of palm tree parts! :-) *y* Excellent job.

Piranha, I'm glad you went with your second idea and had fun because I'd hate to think my contest caused you to be pissed off. When in doubt, always go the fun route! :-D Plus, I love to see myself that soldier guy in infantry soldier garb. I'm glad you went with the WW theme, I wouldn't have thought of that. It's a fun little entry. Nice job. *sweet*

So, here is the final teaser pic for my entry:

block_block_teaser_03.jpg

As mentioned before, I will post it as an exhibition entry and not include it in the poll. I showed it to Sinner and he pointed out I may have disqualified myself. I forgot about the piece limit. :-$

:-D :-D :-D

24 more hours to get your entries in!

EDIT: Actually, my entry comes in at 965 pieces...so, it's eligible, but it will still be just for exhibition. :-D

Piranha, I'm glad you went with your second idea and had fun because I'd hate to think my contest caused you to be pissed off. When in doubt, always go the fun route! :-D Plus, I love to see myself that soldier guy in infantry soldier garb. I'm glad you went with the WW theme, I wouldn't have thought of that. It's a fun little entry. Nice job. *sweet*

Thanks Hinckley! *sweet* It wasn't the contest that pissed me off it, was finding all the right pieces

Since my first idea required lots of specialized parts. It was a future city block with a bank and blow off vault

Never could get the action feature right

Next time I'll have an entry more related X-D

P

Thanks Hinckley! *sweet* It wasn't the contest that pissed me off it, was finding all the right pieces

Since my first idea required lots of specialized parts. It was a future city block with a bank and blow off vault

P

:-D :-D :-D Well, I think you'll have plenty of chances. I'll post my entry in a "Block Block" universe thread where people can expand on the overall them we've created and maybe we'll have a new EB theme like we've seen other groups do. :-$ That's my dream anyway... :'-)

:-P

:-D :-D :-D Well, I think you'll have plenty of chances. I'll post my entry in a "Block Block" universe thread where people can expand on the overall them we've created and maybe we'll have a new EB theme like we've seen other groups do. :-$ That's my dream anyway... :'-)

:-P

Ah I see it was a conspiracy! Trying to have a new subtheme like Steam Punk or Ghost Town or even Post Apoc

Very clever to disguise it as a contest! And to think I helped it along too!

:-P :-D

Ah I see it was a conspiracy! Trying to have a new subtheme like Steam Punk or Ghost Town or even Post Apoc

Very clever to disguise it as a contest! And to think I helped it along too!

:-P :-D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Truthfully, the idea came after the contest... :-P But I hope it'll create a lot of fun. X-D

It wasn't the contest that pissed me off it, was finding all the right pieces

P

There is still time to edit your entry. Try finding a pic or vid of that old wild west prison cell of the sherif's office or the cells in the current Police station.

I do like it a lot! It's an excellent entry. I love your back story. You put a lot of thought into it. You did forget to include the price point and the piece count, though...Great interpretation of that ship! I love it. It's a nice simple design, I would buy it. I really like your jetpack villain too. Again, we have non-traditional lampposts. Clever use of palm tree parts! :-) *y* Excellent job.

WOW, thanks! :-$ Perhaps I do have a chance of winning! *sweet* Yeah, I like my jetpack guy, too, and the palm tree parts thing, well, looking at the parts in the Block-Block pic just reminded me of them, so I used 'em. :-) I am aware that I'm missing piece count and such info (I said "rest comes later!" :-| ), but does that information have to be on the picture or is it OK that it's just mentioned in the post? That's what I was going to do since normal lego sets only have the age range, serial #, and set name on it.

Btw, that's one heck of a teaser pic! 8-

WOW, thanks! :-$ Perhaps I do have a chance of winning! *sweet* Yeah, I like my jetpack guy, too, and the palm tree parts thing, well, looking at the parts in the Block-Block pic just reminded me of them, so I used 'em. :-) I am aware that I'm missing piece count and such info (I said "rest comes later!" :-| ), but does that information have to be on the picture or is it OK that it's just mentioned in the post? That's what I was going to do since normal lego sets only have the age range, serial #, and set name on it.

Btw, that's one heck of a teaser pic! 8-

Great entries everyone, I was afraid this comp was dyong when POW! They all came in. They are all so diverse and creative, great job, I wish you all luck against my Crossdressing Lightning Babe! :-P

Seriously, brilliant designs and ideas there, I'll do a review (meaning my thoughts, not a literal review :-) ) on all of them tomorrow, I'm tired right now..

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Well, I posted the rest of my entry. So, what do you think? Is this one cool set or what? X-D Are the action shots too much? Do I need to add a deeper description of how it fits into the theme, or does the story and the coolness of the set speak for itself? X-D And why am I asking all these questions? Oh, right, forgot... :-| piece of poo... :-D

Everything in my entry was inspired by the picture Hinckley found: the post-apoc setting (the ruins), the characters, the design of the ship, and even the thing with the superpowers (look at the speed lines behind strider and at how much the girls look alike! Only the story of the Hora Emeralds came out of my idea to build a secret compartment into the ship and my love for time travel stories! X-D Excuse those silly names, though, I'm not into anime and don't know any real japanese names; and even though the main character in my entry has the same name as the one in strider, it's got nothing to do with the game - it's just because I was too lazy to come up with a Japanese-ish name that sounds just as good. :-P

I don't expect to win with all those awesome entries out there, but I sure could use that custom minifig! *wub*

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I really like your detachable pod, Oky Wan. Nice idea. And your figs are great too - very classic Lego looking *sweet* Cute but deadly looking all at the same time!

The action shots show an extra polish and really add to your entry.

I suppose this is where the Block Block contest discussion continues. :-P

I would like to thank everyone who voted for my entry (Lord Trash's factory) I did not think that I was actually going to win. :'-)

And congrats to everyone else involved in the contest -It was a lot of fun. *y*

Graynar

I suppose this is where the Block Block contest discussion continues. :-P

I would like to thank everyone who voted for my entry (Lord Trash's factory) I did not think that I was actually going to win. :'-)

And congrats to everyone else involved in the contest -It was a lot of fun. *y*

Graynar

:-$ I meant to link it to this topic. Now, it's in the right place. Congratulations again Graynar! X-D

So... do we call the theme "Total Garbage" from now on?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This was posted in the poll thread:

Congratulations Graynar!! You are the first place winner of the ever-odd Block Block Contest. PM me with your mailing address and you will receive this figure:

strider03.jpg

Congratulations also go out to Sir Nadroj, whose theme name was selected for the Block Block Universe, now the Total Garbage Universe!

Thanks to everybody for making this a fun contest and for all of the great and creative entries! *wub*

So yes, call it "Total Garbage" from now on...

So yes, call it "Total Garbage" from now on...

I'll always call it Block Block. >:-(