SlyOwl

Nassau Port

Here it is, the finished thing! X-D

00main.jpg

Shark attack! :-P

10shark.jpg

Cabbage Slam Dunk! :-D

20slamdunk.jpg

If you go onto the roof today, you'd better go in disguise, for today's the day the old men have their picnic! :-/

30picnic.jpg

..........zzz50grumpy.jpg

Ye olde thatch... ;-)

40thatch.jpg

Friends will be friends! When you've lost your hat and need some help in the sewer, friends will be friends, right 'til the end! X-D

60friends.jpg

Someone's angry about ye olde socks! Thanks to Jipay and "Twit Person" 8-|

70assasin.jpg

..........zzz91killer.jpg

Soup kitchen explosion! Where are you Yoda? :-P

80soupexplosion.jpg

..........zzz90cook.jpg

Poverty in the midst of plenty; yes, I'm doing my history revision as I type this... X-O

92beggar.jpg

..........zzz93death.jpg

Welcome to the most spectacularly wonderful, absabloominlutely spectacular spectacle of worldly merchandise, the Wonder Emporium! :-P Any similarities to any other media are completely coincidental.

94emporium.jpg

Idols from the East, golden tablets, the key to Helen of Troy's heart...it's all here...

95downstairs.jpg

.........zzz96stuffedwalrus.jpg zzz97idol.jpg zzz99morestuff.jpg

Upstairs now, with someone rather familiar having fun flushing the toilet...anyone been to the Science Museum in London?

98toilet.jpg

And the cast, 24 minifigs! X-O

zpeople.jpg

And a better view of the witch doctor skeleton...

zzstatue.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by SlyOwl

absolutely awesome!

I don't know your story behind. are they having a party or are they just crazy?

Great work yet again Mr. SlyOwl! Just looks...like...your...other one...

:-P

What is the black wedge in the water? Is that supposed to be a shark fin? Because usually shark fins are gray :-P .

A truly great MOC, with much action and adventure! I really like the thatched roof technique used, the wonder emporium, especially the witch doctor, and I like the elements of humour to, such as the Soup explosion and picnic on the roof! I also like your method for building the water, SNOT ON!

I have a question!

According to a novel book I am reading, a pirate named Samuel Bellamy began his pirate career in Nassau on New Providence Island. Did this port influence the name/creation of your creation? Is the pirate Samuel Bellamy?

WOW! I was wondering how you were going to make the back of the large roof look un-empty. Now I know. That sail idea was great! I can't say I'm a fan of the seaweed growing from the tavern roof though....

All in all one of the best MOC's I've seen.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-)

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I don't know your story behind. are they having a party or are they just crazy?

You mean you won't party on the roof when you're an old(er) man? X-D

Nice, I like how you made the old man's pipe! I must try that.

Although I "borrowed" it off Bonaparte... ;-)

What is the black wedge in the water? Is that supposed to be a shark fin? Because usually shark fins are gray :-P .

I went for a slight cartoon effect, and theym's black in cartoons :-P

According to a novel I am reading, a pirate named Samuel Bellamy began his pirate career in Nassau on New Providence Island. Did this port influence the name/creation of your creation? Is the pirate Samuel Bellamy?

Yes, Nassau Port was the inspiration for this MOC's name, although I had already built the larger part of it before the name came about. I wanted to use an authentic Pirate Port name, but of the main 3, Tortuga, Port Royal and Nassau, only Nassau seemed appropriate - Tortuga is too wild for my port and Port Royal had too large an Imperial presence... ;-)

So do a couple of the others... Perhaps SlyOwl could be so kind as to add them when he has time.

I sometimes wonder if you own any sets apart from Pirate ones...you seem to have no knowledge of any theme but Pirates; you didn't even know who the Crownies were! X-O He isn't an official figure, y'know ;-) It's Max/Rudo Villano's torso from the Jungle Adventurers and Gilbert the Bad's head from Knight's Kingdom I. But I've been beaten to it |-/

Edited by SlyOwl

A very beautiful work, with an amazing amount of fine details and funny ideas! *y*

The thatch is really brilliant, , the Wonder Emporium

I don't know what to write and where to start saying how much fun I think this MOC is!

An utterly vivid imagination, I must say.

GREAT!

*y* *y*

This truly is wonderful *y* You have a way with pieces most people do not have. There's so much detail in this I don't know where to start!

My favorite definitely has to be the yellow roof, that's awesome!

Easily *y* *y* .

*sweet*

That's spectacular. Did you come up with the thatch roof design yourself or did you find it somewhere else?

The guy coming out of it looks great.

That's spectacular. Did you come up with the thatch roof design yourself or did you find it somewhere else?

The guy coming out of it looks great.

I've never seen this technique used anywhere before, so I'll claim credit, unless someone else can prove they used it first ;-) Unfortunately the whole MOC used up all but 4 of my yellow hands :'-(

I have a question!

I have one too! According to a novel I am reading, Captain J. Hook had yellow blood - is there any reference to this in Peter Pan?

I thought the fellow bursting through the straw roof was executed very well!

SylOwl deserves his MOC expert tag!

I have one too! According to a novel (It is actually a book, sorry.) I am reading, Captain J. Hook had yellow blood - is there any reference to this in Peter Pan?

:( .

Brilliant! *wub*

I love the Thacthed Hut.

The only thing I dont get is why are Old men having a pinic on the roof? *sweet*

Well, I've updated the main picture to be sharper and better colour balanced, with a few of the folds in the background cloth smudged out...I hope it's better 8-|

SylOwl deserves his MOC expert tag!

Why thankee! :-P

8-|

The only thing I dont get is why are Old men having a pinic on the roof? *sweet*

You mean you won't have picnics on the roof when you're an old(er) man? X-D

Edited by SlyOwl

8-|

My point is that you kind of insulted me. I was pointing out a fact, and merely wondered if it did have anything to do with it. It's no Peter Pan book, it is a book on Pirates who plundered the North east coast (Caribbean and North Carlonia and such.) Samuel Bellamy was one chapter in the book.

My point is that you kind of insulted me. I was pointing out a fact, and merely wondered if it did have anything to do with it. It's no Peter Pan book, it is a book on Pirates who plundered the North east coast (Caribbean and North Carlonia and such.) Samuel Bellamy was one chapter in the book.

:'-( I'm sorry 8-| My quesion was totally unrelated; I'm reading a book about Captain Hook's early days and I wondered if anyone had any information on the colour of his blood, given that questions were generally in the air :-$

Not to be particular, but I'm unclear as to why I'm quoted in a thread I haven't posted in. I realise that ImperialScouts and I are occasionally confused for each other as a joke, but I might be missing how it was funny in this case. *wacko*

Oh, and I'm uncapitalized. It's one of those artistic things. According to my agent, my name is always supposed to appear as 'imperialshadows' which is markedly different from 'ImperialShadows' and even moreso from 'ImperialScouts', so :-P

;-)

On topic: Nice, crazy MOC. *y* I think I did comment on this in another thread when it was a WIP and I still hate those disembodied hands, but otherwise, great job! *sweet*

Not to be particular, but I'm unclear as to why I'm quoted in a thread I haven't posted in. I realise that ImperialScouts and I are occasionally confused for each other as a joke, but I might be missing how it was funny in this case. *wacko*

Just seeing if anyone noticed ;-)