Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Jungle Adventure WIP

Thanks, but I can't take much credit as this is an official set (1371). I did not think of using it until Batbrick's recommendation (thanks again BB!).

That alright, I see you've added a new part. The car looks great, I love the way you've positioned your driver and the spider web, it looks fantastic. Good idea to include that list as well, mice work.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Wowsa, this looks great and HUGE.

Jungle theme, I'm liking the idea of doing something too, (other than my small Ninja vignette), as you folks seem to have liked my foliage, I may have found my fort

Wowsa, this looks great and HUGE.

Thanks LL. I'm really enjoying building this as well, a little at a time.

My latest addition is the bridge from Knights' Kingdom Border Ambush (8778). Combined with the shrine from River Expedition, I think it makes a great addition.

bridge1.jpg

And the whole scene now:

whole3.jpg

EDIT: Action shots:

bridgechase1.jpg

bridgechase2.jpg

i'm loving the updates with awesome pictures, makes me wanna go buy the mail plane and all mini plane

Today's addition is Orient Expedition Tygurah's Roar (7411). It's part of a small island combined with the bridge from Border Ambush:

tygura1.jpg

tygura2.jpg

EDIT: Action shots:

tygurahaction1.jpg

tygurahaction3.jpg

Wow! Thats looking great now TheBrickster, good choice of sets. They also have a lot of foliage on them which helps in fitting them in.

Background Fun

I was considering a few different backdrop techniques, and decided to create one using my photo-printer, high-gloss paper, and some cardboard. Although I would have preferred a nice Lego Indiana Jones jungle background scene, like on the cover of the latest Lego SAH catalogue (or even the official web page), I could not find an image large enough. I ended up using a high quality rainforest image reprinting it several times to create a mural.

The result is this, which has not been photo-editted:

back8.jpg

back2.jpg

back3.jpg

back5.jpg

And the whole diorama:

backwhole.jpg

Once more shrubbery and trees are added, I think the background will blend in nicely.

I'll take a few more shots tomorrow.

I think the backdrop looks good, its nice to see this WIP Progress. :-)

Thanks LL. My only complaint with the backdrop is the repetition in the one picture that's 8.5 x 11.

I

Very good TheBrickster, I love the background, perfect choice! Its a fantastic scene now, totally different (and better ;-) ) than the first version you showed us. Good job, I look forward to seeing further extensions when that order comes in and the Indy 4 sets come out.

I've been following you progress, but didn't post anything yet I just noticed.

This Jungle Adventure project of yours is amazing!

Adding a backdrop makes a huge difference on the pics.

Brilliant! This must of taken up at least 20 sets, no?

Thanks. It's around 15 now. There's a list on the 1st message. I'll be adding just a few more before the new Indiana Jones sets are out. I've still got some more foliage and green baseplates to expand the jungle though.

ALL: I'm thinking about creating a Jungle Adventure (similar to one of my past mysteries).

You need more underbrush! The green plates look too regular and don't give off the overgrown feel of a jungle. If you do take to using more plant life in this diorama, I would recommend replacing the trees that look too manicured to be wild:

3471.gif

These make great examples of Spanish moss

30093.gif2488.gif

I love the crashed plane in the tree. It reminds me of LOST. The crashed car needs too look more beaten and overgrown

I just found this dio on Brickshelf. I think the builder masters the jungle brilliantly.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=191333

Edited by WarnIcarus

I suggest working on the wrecked plane some. For one, the wings are way too short, and overall it doesn't look that "wrecked". Maybe remove some parts, add more foilage to it, or replace pieces with different colored ones to make it look weather worn.

I love it! Jungle Adventurers is my favorite theme, and this is a great representation of it! I think it would look really cool if you got Amazon Ancient Ruins (try eBay or BrickLink if you want to get it) and added it. It looks nice on the blue, flat surface too :) Well done.

You need more underbrush! The green plates look too regular and don't give off the overgrown feel of a jungle. If you do take to using more plant life in this diorama, I would recommend replacing the trees that look too manicured to be wild

3471.gif

These make great examples of Spanish moss

30093.gif2488.gif

Yes, I agree in re. to the underbrush. I have pieces on order from Pick-A-Brick. In regard to the trees; however, I will be keeping them. They may not be the most jungle-looking trees, but they are green and seem to fit in with the overall scheme of things.

I would love to add some of the vine pieces and other moss pieces, but i don't have any to add.

I love the crashed plane in the tree. It reminds me of LOST. The crashed car needs too look more beaten and overgrown

I like the plane, although I've never seen Lost. Thanks. Batbrick had recommended adding it and I think it came out pretty well. Here's an updated image:

planecrash2.jpg

I just found this dio on Brickshelf. I think the builder masters the jungle brilliantly.

I saw that. It served as a good inspiration image. As I get more foliage, I'd like to fill up my jungle in the same manner. But keep in mind, it's a lot easier to fill up a small scene with foliage than it is an entire tabletop jungle. ;-)

Just compare a more recent picture to when I first started:

dsc00070.jpg

I suggest working on the wrecked plane some. For one, the wings are way too short, and overall it doesn't look that "wrecked". Maybe remove some parts, add more foilage to it, or replace pieces with different colored ones to make it look weather worn.

See the new image above, although I like your idea to wreck it a little more. This is an official set, so I don't plan to change the wings.

I love it! Jungle Adventurers is my favorite theme, and this is a great representation of it! I think it would look really cool if you got Amazon Ancient Ruins (try eBay or BrickLink if you want to get it) and added it. It looks nice on the blue, flat surface too :) Well done.

Thanks Gahu. Appreciate your positive feedback. I've been looking at the Amazon set, but also like the Pirate Islander Enchanted Island a lot. I plan to buy at least one old classic to add to the scene, just not sure which.

More to come...

Great new look to the airplane crash there TheBrickster, it looks a lot more wrecked now and I love the monkey and vines all over *y*

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

I will love to see how your jungle expands over time. It is really very nice and amazing.

If i can afford such space in my home, i will defintely engage into building a project for my Castle series! *wub*