Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Bat Moc'N'Mods Treat 2!

Welcome back fellow Bat-fans, or anyone else. Once again I refuse to let Brainbox have all the glory and so I've taken this time to not only totally rip-off his threads (Bat-Goody Bag anyone?) but also to make sure that you know I have. If you want to catch up and see part 1, and trust me its great, look no further than here!

Anyhoo, today I have:

4 mods

1 display

1 custom character

1 creation

1 vignette

and a new hairstyle

Here we go:

Part 1 - The Mods:

First up is the hardest mod of all, Bane's Bike! X-D

Okay, so all I did was remove the weapons, but that counts as a mod....................right?.

p1200817.jpg

Nightwing's Motorcycle, which I received (finally! :-| ) in Arkham Asylum. I liked it, but felt that the flames were a bit to close to his, er, backside, and that his batons (for lack of remembering a better term) took up to much space in their holders. I liked the elongated headlights, but felt they were too long.

Here is how it was originally:

p1210303.jpg

And here is how I've changed it:

p1210302.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, but please tell me what you think honestly, as I want to know what I can improve. Another shot showing the holders:

p1210306.jpg

And a cool shot of Nightwing on it.

Next up, Joker's Copter. Now unlike a lot of people I actually like the chopper, however like them I agreed it was too open and the cockpit was too bulgy. So I extensively modded it, which was harder than I thought it would be, due to the construction, and made it more sleek.

A few overall pics:

p1210308.jpg

p1210313.jpg

Joker fits in fine, and I've even put in better controls:

p1210310.jpg

p1210320.jpg

As you can see HERE, I've made the spotlight rotatable so the helicopter guns can shoot straight forward without blowing it off.

And also HERE, you can see the "Bang" gun, which is really intended to be a loudspeaker for announcing his crimes, but I also liked the idea of the gun being on it too, so it can be either really.

Tell me honestly what you think though, I want to know any improvements or criticisms :-)

Lastly, the Batwing. I loved the original Batwing, but felt it needed to be a bit sleeker and have a more closed cockpit. So here, I've blackened it up and made it sleeker, as well as modifying the cockpit, and replacing the shooter thingy. I briefly considered making it a two-seater, but decided against it, feeling happy now Brainbox? X-D

p1210299.jpg

As you can see, I've simply spun the sloped bricks 180 degrees round to make the cockpit sealed:

p1210298.jpg

I removed the shooter thingy and stuck the tail down too, as well as adding more black and making the underside sleeker:

p1210295.jpg

The Underbelly, The Sideview and Another Sideview

Part 2 - The Display:

Okay, I've just updated the Villain Cupboard now that I have Arkham and beautiful Ivy ( *wub*). As you can see, I've grouped the Arkham buildings to look more like a single unit, which worked better than I though it would.

p1210324.jpg

The colourful Rogue's Gallery, no doubt Bats has the best villains of any comic book character ever:

p1210329.jpg

Part 3 - The Custom Character:

I didn't say "Fig" because this is actually Manbat I've made, using a lot of technic elements and the Viking Fenris Wolf as a basis. Though he is quite big, I don't really mind, as some interpretations have Manbat quite large, and I love the way he looks. As you can see in the below pics, he is very posable:

p1200977.jpg

p1200978.jpg

p1200979.jpg

p1200983.jpg

Some cool action shots with Batman, the technic pole has replaced his tail here so I could hold him in the air:

p1200996.jpg

p1200999.jpg

p1210002.jpg

The Gallery!

Part 4 - The Creation:

Now, I wasn't very happy with the tiny Robin boat that came with the Batcave, so me and my cousin made a new one while he was staying at my place. This one I'm really proud of, he and i had a great time making it. It has a batarang holder on each side, and is large than the original:

p1200852.jpg

Better controls are in now too:

p1200856.jpg

The chase:

p1200857.jpg

The Gallery

Part 5 - The Vignette

This one is simple, but i like it. Its a classic brooding Batman scene, with Batman on the edge of a tall building at night, overlooking Gotham City:

p1200925.jpg

He broods:

p1200929.jpg

He broods some more:

p1200932.jpg

The brooding continues!

p1200942.jpg

Dayshots:

p1200957.jpg

p1200958.jpg

p1200963.jpg

The Gallery

Part 6 - The new hairstyle

As per Brainbox's request, we tried to change it into something wild and crazy. I tried my best, but in the end no Two-Face or EF hair could suffice, and so he chose to go bald instead:

hairstyle.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this one! I have plans for a part 3 as well, so look out!

Comments and criticism (the nice kind ;-) ) appreciated. Thankyou!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Great job Batbrick! Bane's bike looks a lot better without the gun, so this simple mod works great! *y*

Good modification on Nightwing's bike too, it also looks much better. I didn't like how the batons were held on originally, and this is a great solution. The flames look better further back too, as do the headlights. *y*

The Joker Copter looks nice, although I think I prefer it shorter. Still, it looks good enclosed, and I understand it wouldn't be easy to enclose it while keeping the short look. Or maybe it's just because I'm seeing this side on. :-P

The Batwing looks a lot better blackened up, and without the annoying shooting mechanism. *y* What more to say?

Your Castle display looks wonderful. *wub* Oh, as does your villain display. X-D Arkham's wonderful, isn't it? A nice, not to mention colourful collection of villains you've accumulated. What do you do with the doubles?

And that Manbat looks great, some awesome action poses there, especially the last one! *y* *y*

Robin finally has a decent boat, unlike that pitiful little thing he got in the Batcave! X-D It looks much better! *y*

Great stuff! Looking forward to part 3! 8-

Great mods and customs here *y*

I really like how you modified Nightwing's bike. It's way better now *wub*

The Manbat fig is very nicely done, and has a great posability *y*

I like all of the others, too, but I'm not such a great fan of Batman to be able to comment on them the way they deserve.

Overall, *wub* *y* *y*

Keep them coming!

LuxorV

Thanks iamded and LuxorV!

Great job Batbrick! Bane's bike looks a lot better without the gun, so this simple mod works great!

Yeah, that was a hard one, as you can see it is a complex mod X-D .

Good modification on Nightwing's bike too, it also looks much better. I didn't like how the batons were held on originally, and this is a great solution. The flames look better further back too, as do the headlights.

Thanks, I'm glad to see it worked, and I'm glad to see you like my baton solution.

The Joker Copter looks nice, although I think I prefer it shorter. Still, it looks good enclosed, and I understand it wouldn't be easy to enclose it while keeping the short look. Or maybe it's just because I'm seeing this side on. :-P

Both have their up and downs I think, I want to make it shorter too, perhaps a re-mod in part 3?

Thanks for your honest feedback, I'll try and shorten it.

The Batwing looks a lot better blackened up, and without the annoying shooting mechanism. *y* What more to say?

What more to say, than Batbrick Away! :-P

Your Castle display looks wonderful. *wub* Oh, as does your villain display. X-D Arkham's wonderful, isn't it? A nice, not to mention colourful collection of villains you've accumulated. What do you do with the doubles?

Oh, of course, castle! :-D

Arkham is wonderful, it was a lot less of a playset than I thought it would be, and when grouped together looks great I think. I have doubles of Two-Face, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Robin, Grey bats and Blue Bats. I have 4 Black Bats too. The doubles I keep as spares, but also use them as the "customised" figs, as well as mocing and such. Currently the second Riddler and Scarecrow are in Arkham, and the second Two-Face, Joker, Penguin and Robin are in their magnet cases.

And that Manbat looks great, some awesome action poses there, especially the last one! *y* *y*

Thanks, I like the last one too, it took me a while to make a rig to be able to support Manbat at that angle too, but I am pleased with it.

Robin finally has a decent boat, unlike that pitiful little thing he got in the Batcave! X-D It looks much better! *y*

Thanks, the Batcave one was rather pitiful, not to mention it had a machine gun on it :-| . Thanks again, but a lot of credit goes to my cousin as well.

Great stuff! Looking forward to part 3! 8-
Edited by Batbrick

Very nice work, I especially like the new look of Nightwing

Wow Batbrick, that was quick. I wasn't expecting this for a while yet.

and that his batons (for lack of remembering a better term) took up to much space in their holders.

(Collapsible) escrima sticks. Sigh, trust me to know that ;-) .

I briefly considered making it a two-seater, but decided against it, feeling happy now Brainbox? X-D

Not to put to fine a point on it, but... yes.

The colourful Rogue's Gallery, no doubt Bats has the best villains of any comic book character ever:

And some people dare to say that honour goes to Flash (Wally West). :-|

As per Brainbox's request, we tried to change it into something wild and crazy. I tried my best, but in the end no Two-Face or EF hair could suffice, and so he chose to go bald instead:

Thanks mate. I'm feeling quite ill today (honestly, I was falling asleep in english today, and I mean that literallly), and you've just cheered me up a bit.

Anyway, on to the content. From the top, the two bikes are certainly an improvement on the originals. I too liked the official helicopter, but I agree with regards the cockpit, so this is very nice. I may have to MOD mine a bit now. And as for the Batwing, while the MODs aren't extensive, they do improve on the official model (which is very nice anyway), no least with TLC's weird 'a bit, but not very, airtight' cockpit. Arkham does look quite nice bunched together actually, more so than I thought it would.

As for Man-Bat, I have to admit that I wasn't sure from the first pic, but once I'd seen the shots with Bats (especially the one where Bats is on Man-Bat's back) I decided it was actually quite good. Not necessarily classic Man-Bat, but still a nice interpretation. Robin's speedboat is also nice, and the vig is very much in the spirit of Batman.

Nice work.

Edited by Brainbox

Neither was I frankly, but its still the holidays so I just do what I can when I'm bored.

The holidays? |-/

Thats what its all about really anyway, making your own interpretation.

Well certainly. Comics writers are encouraged to put their own spin on characters, and artists are left to wander free with the Batcave and the Bat-vehicles, so why not with ol' Man-Bat?

2, Helicopter and Plane?: I can't say much about these becuase I do not own them and do not really know what the original ones look like,

7782-1.jpg

Actually Batbrick, I forgot to ask. Did you remove the missiles from the wings or not? Because I notice the hinges are still there, but you've got a 1x6 plate joining the two halves toether.

I'll review it in a formal matter *sad*

1, the bikes: Not much to say about Bane's, I'm still in love with it though *wub*

Though I like your modifications to Nightwings cycle *y* The glowstick holders look alot better *y*

2, Helicopter and Plane?: I can't say much about these becuase I do not own them and do not really know what the original ones look like, but I really like the Jokers copters cockpit, it looks very handsome 8-|

3, Manbat!: Interactive Apocalypse anyone? :-D This looks like it could fit into many themes, I also love the posability in this bab.....Man. ;-)

4, Zee creashun!: Finally Robin got a decent ride! X-O

I felt bad for him having to use that little jetspeederwatercyclerider.

I love the chase scene *y*

:-D , Thanks as always Exobuilder. I'm glad you liked Manbat, yes he would fit in well with Interactive Apocalypse wouldn't he?

And yes, Robin finally has something to boast about, thanks for your comments.

The holidays? |-/

I go back in two weeks X-D Though my "freedom" is severely limited by having a job.....

Well certainly. Comics writers are encouraged to put their own spin on characters, and artists are left to wander free with the Batcave and the Bat-vehicles, so why not with ol' Man-Bat?

Thanks, as big as he is I love him, not to mention he can be used as some other nasty critter. Its also why I'm getting into using decals more (very primitive customs, I can't do stickers), because I can do all sorts of interpretations of characters. I just made a bowler hat Riddler with suit, which I love. Its also why I look forward to modding and extending the Batcave in the future, so I can add my own, and favourite touches to it.

Actually Batbrick, I forgot to ask. Did you remove the missiles from the wings or not? Because I notice the hinges are still there, but you've got a 1x6 plate joining the two halves toether.

No, they are still there, I put the 1x6 plate there because (this is a problem I sometimes get with clicky joints) the left wing stayed ever so slighly raised, while the right remained flat. The wing still easily open, the plates don't even come off, they just stick to rear wings. I'm pretty happy with that, it also makes it a bit sleeker looking. I never really had a problem with the Batwing containing missiles in the same way i never really had a problem with Tumbler having them too. Bats is wise enough not to use them in the wrong way, but the Batwing is really the only vehicle I kept them on. Guns on the other hand...

Edited by Batbrick

No, they are still there, I put the 1x6 plate there because (this is a problem I sometimes get with clicky joints) the left wing stayed ever so slighly raised, while the right remained flat. The wing still easily open, the plates don't even come off, they just stick to rear wings.

Ah right. I just got rid of them.

Ah right. I just got rid of them.

:-D , fair enough. I'll probably get rid of them one day, but for the moment they're sealed in, so technically by the rules of a lego model, they don't exist.

I've done a few things on part 3 too. There'll be a few more custom figs this time, only a couple of mods, and some other stuff. I've surprised myself by keeping Manbat, he's looking quite scary perched on top of Arkham there.

Hows part 3 of your more-original-than-mine Bat Good Bag coming?

Hows part 3 of your more-original-than-mine Bat Good Bag coming?

Slowly :-D ! I've not had much building time recently, I've been swamped with college work and such like. I'd like to get another mini Batmobile and another comic-based vig done before I posted everything. But I finish for half-term this coming Friday, so I'm hopeful I can get it up then sometime.

Slowly :-D ! I've not had much building time recently, I've been swamped with college work and such like. I'd like to get another mini Batmobile and another comic-based vig done before I posted everything. But I finish for half-term this coming Friday, so I'm hopeful I can get it up then sometime.

Ooh! I love your mini Batmobiles! I should really do a comic based vig, but I think I'm holding out to do a Long Halloween based one. I keep wanting to do Bane, but remember you cruelly did before me X-D

I might do a killing Joke one, I don't know aboyt you but I love that story, maybe the actual Killing Joke told at the end, with Bats and Joker both laughing. I would do the iconic "Ha Ha" scene, but that would require a whole lot of bricks.

Sounds great then, I really look forward to it (still!), do you plan on ever doing any custom figs or decals? LuxorV made me an animated series based Mad Hatter not long ago, and it really swung me over to decals, now I have a Riddler with suit, question mark cane and hard plasticine bowler hat.

I on the other hand have been building like a madman as of recent (Just look at my signature :-D ), before my first term begins. 3 days till end of holidays, sigh. Still, I'm too scared to begin a full Batcave extension as-of-yet, since my younger brother is staying in my room for a year while we have a Korean student, there will be a long delay on the big mods sadly. But hey, that gives me more time to copy you right? X-D

Just kidding of course, I hope to do my own stuff.

Sounds great then, I really look forward to it (still!), do you plan on ever doing any custom figs or decals? LuxorV made me an animated series based Mad Hatter not long ago, and it really swung me over to decals, now I have a Riddler with suit, question mark cane and hard plasticine bowler hat.

Not really. I'm too much of a purist to try something like that. I don't doubt the level of skill and artistic talent involved in such customising, it's just not for me that's all.

I'm going to have to search through my books for a suitable and interesting panel to vig-ify, which should be fun.

Not really. I'm too much of a purist to try something like that. I don't doubt the level of skill and artistic talent involved in such customising, it's just not for me that's all.

I'm going to have to search through my books for a suitable and interesting panel to vig-ify, which should be fun.

Fair enough, thats understandable. Though truth be told I'm awful at customising.

That will be interesting then, the hard part is finding a scene that can be effectively vig-ified as you put it. I wanted to do Two-Face's "My City" iconic line in TLH, but that took place in a car, and required a coin flick, so it really wasn't right :-/

Fair enough, thats understandable. Though truth be told I'm awful at customising.

Oh, I don't know... I've seen worse! :-D

No seriously, you're not bad, considering you've only really just started.

That will be interesting then, the hard part is finding a scene that can be effectively vig-ified as you put it.

It needs to be something iconic as well, not just something that's solely visually interesting. You know, from one of the big stories/arcs.

Oh, I don't know... I've seen worse! :-D

No seriously, you're not bad, considering you've only really just started.

Thanks, I sure hate my printer though, everything cones out faded :-|

It needs to be something iconic as well, not just something that's solely visually interesting. You know, from one of the big stories/arcs.

Oh I agree, which is the hard part. Or at the very least a scene from an iconic story. I was thinking of doing A Death in the Family Robin death scene, but I also want to do a vig of a story I like, because, no offense if you like that arc, I didn't really. So I guess I'll wade it out till I find something.

I was thinking of doing A Death in the Family Robin death scene, but I also want to do a vig of a story I like, because, no offense if you like that arc, I didn't really. So I guess I'll wade it out till I find something.

The only enjoyment I got from it was seeing Jason Todd die... >:-)

I really don't like him. Besides, I much prefer the 'modern' stories (i.e. post-2000) to anything 'classic.'

The only enjoyment I got from it was seeing Jason Todd die... >:-)

I really don't like him. Besides, I much prefer the 'modern' stories (i.e. post-2000) to anything 'classic.'

:-D , everyone enjoyed watching Jason Todd die, they voted for it to happen!

Interesting that you prefer modern stories, I like both. I'll read the great new ones, but I'll still want to read those early Ra's Al Ghul stories, especially since the Lazarus Pits have become an increasingly contrived plot device as of recent.

:-D , everyone enjoyed watching Jason Todd die, they voted for it to happen!

Actually, it was a pretty close call.

especially since the Lazarus Pits have become an increasingly contrived plot device as of recent.

And there seem to be an endless number of 'last Lazarus Pits.' :-D