Sign in to follow this  
Col. Whipstick

What's your favourite LEGO Pirate animal?

What's your favourite Lego Pirate animal?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite.

• Sharks
    • Monkeys
    • Parrots
    • Crocodiles

I think you mean the sawfish.

THANK you...knew they had a real name of some sort.

Anybody know (I'm sure somebody does) whether the sawfish was particularly common? I only have the one, and I've seen *very* few in other peoples' collections...

*sweet* Great topic, Col. Whipstick!

I voted monkey, I only got one a few months ago, but I love them, seeing as I have so many sharks adn parrots! Also their is something strangely minifig like about the monkeys probably because the legs and arms are bendable.

LEGO MONKEYS ON!!

*sweet* Great topic, Col. Whipstick!

I voted monkey, I only got one a few months ago, but I love them, seeing as I have so many sharks adn parrots! Also their is something strangely minifig like about the monkeys probably because the legs and arms are bendable.

LEGO MONKEYS ON!!

Absolutely... The monkeys can be trained to attack your enemy which is the Pirates from my standpoint. I have a funny feeling I've seen some box art somewhere that actually shows the monkey armed with a cutlass attacking some men but I can't be certain and I'm not sure which set it was... Has anyone else seen this?

THANK you...knew they had a real name of some sort.

Anybody know (I'm sure somebody does) whether the sawfish was particularly common? I only have the one, and I've seen *very* few in other peoples' collections...

That swordfish is a bit of an enigma, I think it came along in the sets of the Aquaraiders, same as the octopus which is a shame as they'd both have been nice additions to the Pirates theme.

Monkeys all the way *wub* They can hold 4 muskets at once, making them twice as efficient as a normal soldier *sweet*

DSCF3155.jpg

:-P

EDIT: Great poll pic, Mr Phes *wub*

Thanks for the very graphic illustration of what I was describing! X-D

Oh! X-O

By eating their legs I thought you meant the individual pieces, not the whole bonanza! They can't be "swallowed" though...

And I'm pretty sure I've seen a war monkey on some box art somewhere, although I'm not too sure about it actually engaged in fighting - TLC's conscience got in the way too much to allow any actual fighting to be shown - just some dramatic cutlass-waggling shots, all with great big cheery grins.

I think some of the fish from the Ninja sets would be a great addition to the Pirate line, but :'-( it's gone :'-(

SlyOwl

I think adding pictures of the animals will also help X-D :

6026c01.jpg

2547c01.gif

2550c01.jpg

2546p01.jpg

Pictures from Bricklink.

In another note...I voted parrots!

Parrots-4645.jpg

Parrots create luscious atmosphere with exotic beauty above all else!

Absolutely... The monkeys can be trained to attack your enemy which is the Pirates from my standpoint. I have a funny feeling I've seen some box art somewhere that actually shows the monkey armed with a cutlass attacking some men but I can't be certain and I'm not sure which set it was... Has anyone else seen this?

There's a 4+ set that shows this - Clicky

Thanks for the very graphic illustration of what I was describing! X-D

:-D Any time X-D

I voted for the monkey. I remember being really excited about the little guy when it was first released. Now I'm more partial to the octopus although it's not technically part of the pirates theme.

...Aren't the big green lizards technically alligators since they're indigenous to central America while crocodiles aren't?

Crocodillians within the Gulf of Mexico include American alligator, American crocodile, and spectacled caiman just to name a few. Here is more info on that if you're interested.

Parrots, duh! ;-) I only say that because I have a parrot. ;-) Monkey followed a close second, though. X-D

Parrots because of Squakers McKaw :-P

But I would prefer there to have been a bit of blue on them.

After that I would hav picked Crocodilicas.

Oh and another thing the recently knighted Col. Whipstick... Aren't the big green lizards technically alligators since they're indigenous to central America while crocodiles aren't?

That's an interesting point, but this set would seem to explicitly indicate they are indeed crocodiles.

As to the poll, I can't decide. I like them all too much. Best Lego animals ever...

Steve

Parrots-4645.jpg

Parrots create luscious atmosphere with exotic beauty above all else!

Couldn't say it better myself, I totally agree! My vote for parrots.

That's an interesting point, but this set would seem to explicitly indicate they are indeed crocodiles.

Oh aye, but wouldn't the distinct frill along their back indicate that they are alligators? Biology, y'know ;-) Also, in the North-West American style Paradisa, they were used, again indicating that they are alligators. Then again, they were used in the Temple of Anubis, which could indicate that they're Nile Crocodiles.

So my verdict is that TLC meant them to be crocodiles, but didn't really fully consider their widespread use. But it doesn't matter really X-D

I like the parrots best because they are like a brick- you can just stick em on your model. Why does everyone like monkeys so much?

Regards, Captain Zuloo.

Argh, Monkey be the way to go! My monkeys saved me life many a time, once accidently shot out a cannon by crew not payen enough attention, swam right back and not a scratch. No pirate captain would ever vote for a shark, he'd be sooner eaten, same goes for the croc. As for the bird its a tough call, but the dam thing just n'ver stops his skawkn.

I voted monkeys, since i have a pet one *sweet*

I'd like to have a pet monkey someday, and so thats what I chose.

Edited by dukeschunke