Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

What the weirdness?

That may be, but most of those characters were in the first, as this gif I made from rips shows:

The only guys I think who are new in the Block Block set is the one in white cloth, and perhaps the one chinese girl who's eating her hair. (?!?)

As I recall, the 3 chicks that attacked were identical, merely color palette swaps of each other.

Great gif! Thanks again, Jinzo. I need to correct you though. That girl's hair is eating her... 8-|

*wub* *wub* *wub* Wow!!! Thanks LFADN. This is the best day of my life! :'-)

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif
Is that Hairy Ruben and Sinner? 8-|

P

Must have been taken when I was asleep somehow. 8-

Edited by Hairy Ruben

the back of the box hink

- image -

its from Strider Hiryu II

and was made in 1999

Hey, that may be the story behind and answers to most of the questions in the "contest" thread Hinkley.

=RupeeClock=

so, have we figured out if that's a real set or not? strange that they put the playing age as 6 to 39. why 39??? does this mean gylman can't buy this set if it was real? :-P i gotta buy this before i turn 39 too. :-P

so, have we figured out if that's a real set or not?

I know it's hard to find, but if you read the thread you might find some subtle clues as if it's real or not.

As for answers to the theme, Rupee, it's better for contest participants to just make it up. But, that's a great source if you want to base it off the actual game it was based on.

Well Hinky, if you never get a Lego-lookin' Strider, there's always the action figure that came with Spiderman in a Marvel vs. Capcom 2-pack from a few years ago.

spidey_fig_Mavel_vs_Capcom_Strider.JPG

I know it's hard to find, but if you read the thread you might find some subtle clues as if it's real or not.

As for answers to the theme, Rupee, it's better for contest participants to just make it up. But, that's a great source if you want to base it off the actual game it was based on.

Ops...it's kinda hard for me since most of the links were blocked at my workplace. I click and click and everything showed up blocked.

thanks though to brickadier general for posting the capcom secret files or i would have to wait until i got home to find out it was a real fake by capcom. :-P

but the new headgears would have been awesome though. closest we have is princess leia's two-buns hair. :-P

I'll run the back of the box past my Japanese teacher tomorrow; get a translation ;-)

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif

Looks like Sinner up to his old tricks with Colette! X-D

SlyOwl

Hinckley,

If you read down that thread you linked to initially, the comments suggest that physical, corporeal manifestations of this set do exist in the *real* world and are apparently available from markets in Hong Kong. Gasp! Maybe it's all lies... but if your desire really is so strong, maybe it's worth investigating. You could charter one of those Block Block passenger sets slash space shuttles and check it out...

Looking forward to the contest. It's just so random, it's perfect. I think the act of explaining to the Lego sales team exactly what it is and how it fits into the theme at large is the icing on the cake. :-)

Hinckley,

If you read down that thread you linked to initially, the comments suggest that physical, corporeal manifestations of this set do exist in the *real* world and are apparently available from markets in Hong Kong. Gasp! Maybe it's all lies... but if your desire really is so strong, maybe it's worth investigating. You could charter one of those Block Block passenger sets slash space shuttles and check it out...

Looking forward to the contest. It's just so random, it's perfect. I think the act of explaining to the Lego sales team exactly what it is and how it fits into the theme at large is the icing on the cake. :-)

You've given me hope for the future! :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-) *wub* I must dedicate my life to finding these.

The only person we should have a moment of silence for is my dream of owning that set! :'-(

Wait, that doesn't sound right. It's worded wrong. Let me try again.

The only walrus

The only shark

The only toaster

Oh never mind. The point is I'm going to sit here and hold my breath until I get that set. :-$

Don't worry, were going to get you some help Hink, its going to be okay.... :-P

Don't worry, were going to get you some help Hink, its going to be okay.... :-P

I don't need help. I need that set. :'-( Thank you for reminding me that I've been holding my breath for two days. Someone get me that set before I die! :-X

I don't need help. I need that set. :'-( Thank you for reminding me that I've been holding my breath for two days. Someone get me that set before I die! :-X

I don't know, do we really want to? I mean, you've been pretty annoying the last couple of days, whingeing and whatnot :-P X-D

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

This manages to just about be odder than Spongebob Lego. Which I a) found very odd indeed and b) ended up buying a set of. Krusty Krab was on sale, was a decent selection of bricks, and an actually very well done set design. Plus it has flying hamburger aliens. I was given four spare chrome harpoons while building it, and I made the mistake of putting two of them in spongebob's hands for safekeeping; he looks rather worrying with them.

OK, so there may be some hope that these do exist.

Capcom's Secret File Flyers

If you look down at some of the responses, there's one that stands out:

Block Block are Chinese bootleg Lego kits, almost identical in every way to Lego blocks, hence the company that produces them being in litigation with the Danish toy giant late last year.

The Strider Block Block kits actually exist in real physical form, i've seen them myself in Hong Kong markets.

I've never heard of block block before and can't find anything on them, mainly just enlighten. It's very intriguing. So who's up for a trip to Hong Kong?

edit: Just did a little more research...Block Block is also the name of a Capcom puzzle game. So who should we think is right? Real or just a promotional advertising mock-up for Strider?

Edited by Brickadier General

OK, so there may be some hope that these do exist.

Capcom's Secret File Flyers

edit: Just did a little more research...Block Block is also the name of a Capcom puzzle game. So who should we think is right? Real or just a promotional advertising mock-up for Strider?

Awesome research General! Thanks. X-D I will definitely be looking into this. In a perfect world, I will find a discarded one on the street. I'd hate to actually give any money to a clone brand. Maybe an eBay seller selling a discarded set... :-/

Does this offer some hope?

Click here!

Not really. But it does offer some vomitous feeling. Thanks anyway. :-P

Not really. But it does offer some vomitous feeling. Thanks anyway. :-P

I try! *sweet* :-P

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

I may be wrong, but reading these links, it would seem the Capcom's Secret File Flyers were a "series of multi-page promotional booklets [that] looks to have run from 1996 to 1999" (reference).

The one with the so-called "Srtider 2 LEGO style cover art" was released in 1999 (the last of that series? 8-| ; see here).

If the set was actually released, it must be quite old :-| .

I'll keep searching *y*

LuxorV

I'll keep searching *y*

LuxorV

You are a badass, sir! Thank you!

Be ever vigilant! Somewhere out there this set lurks. You must follow your heart and beware the shrouded penguin and you shall find what you seek...

...littering girl bands and free-standing walls in the park.