Hinckley

Block Block Contest

Challenging *y*

I have to do some resaerch (mostly which bricks and MFs could fit well in this) and then try some ideas I'm developing.

So, expect my entry, sooner or later (a few projects on the run may get in the way 8-| ).

...maybe I'll add a 'Special' mech for this, too. What do you think is better: a giant hero or a littering hair-eating-her-face dancing band girl *wacko* X-D ?

LuxorV

...maybe I'll add a 'Special' mech for this, too. What do you think is better: a giant hero or a littering hair-eating-her-face dancing band girl *wacko* X-D ?

LuxorV

You fool!

How could you possibly suggest a giant hero or a littering hair-eating-her-face dancing band girl, when there is an evil shrouded Penguin just waiting to be made in mech form! >:-( :-P X-D

I have a wild idea now, it may end up being so crazy its totally sane.

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

You again? I haven't used this one in a while..."Hey kid! Get off my lawn!!!" You persistent little such and such. Your questions never end! I was annoyed with you, especially after warning you about pestering people about questions twice in a week, and you're still on thin ice, but then you had to go and use humor and now I kind of like you. I answered your questions in the FAQ in the first post of this thread...

Hi! Yes, It's me again! And yes, I *wub* you too! X-D

Sweet! Thank you very much for all the answers! Now I know exactly what to do and will start planing my entry right away!

My interpretation of this line is a futuristic anime mix of Street Fighter, Alpha Team, and something like He-Man: The guy in the purple cloths is the protagonist, the guy (or is it a chick?) in the white cloths is his sidekick, the girl(s) is their friend, the guy in the cloak is their arch-nemesis (probably a sorcerer), and the jetpack-guy is his loyal henchman! I could imagine it to be great fun designing the bad guy's lair which, I believe, is the jellyfish-like space station in the background of the theme logo, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time. Perhaps I'll just stick to designing a middle priced set including some kick-megablocks vehicles for the good guys and the JetPack Guy with some kind of doomsday device... Maybe its a machine that produces girl band clones with face eating hair! :-D

I have to admit that this might just be one of the greatest contests ever for it really tickles your imagination and gives you a chance to design a set that is ready for TLC to take and market! *sweet*

Good job, Hinckley! *y*

About the FAQ: Well... I don't remember asking that,... but that sounds about right! X-D

I guess, I am a piece of megablock. *sad* I am still kind of new to the EB community and I am not used to the contest stress. Apparently it makes me annoyingly persistent, and I am very sorry about that, blablahsorryblahsorryblablablahsorryapologizeblabla... :-|

In the future I shall "stay off your lawn" and stick to asking stuff only once! *y*

Are you even reading this? Hey, just kidding! ;-)

And before I get too annoying agian, I shall shut my face! :-D

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

You fool!

How could you possibly suggest a giant hero or a littering hair-eating-her-face dancing band girl, when there is an evil shrouded Penguin just waiting to be made in mech form! >:-( :-P X-D

I have a wild idea now, it may end up being so crazy its totally sane.

Oh, I found very interesting ideas, wait and see *y*

...if only I'll find the way to transform them in bricks 8-|

LuxorV

Oh, I found very interesting ideas, wait and see *y*

...if only I'll find the way to transform them in bricks 8-|

LuxorV

Hey! You can't steal my shrouded Penguin idea now that I've called it! :-P

Hey! You can't steal my shrouded Penguin idea now that I've called it! :-P

That's why you should keep your bright ideas to yourself. Hey, what's that under your avatar? X-D

That's why you should keep your bright ideas to yourself. Hey, what's that under your avatar? X-D

Well, in retrospect it wasn't bright but - X-O Thankyou Hinckley! I mean, er:

Let us remember these harsh times and endure my friends, do not despair, but look forward to a bright tomorrow. A utopia, a better future for all of us! Let us not look to the past in lament and sorrow, but instead face the path to victory that lies ahead, the path that was lit by this wondrous set. So I say to you this day my friends, do not mourn the loss of our dear Block Block, but instead celebrate its life, and legacy! :'-)

(Thanks for the title Hinckley! :-D :'-) )

Batbrick - Now with Title! >:-)

Don't worry, it's something totally different from a penguin ;-) .

Btw, nice title :-P

LuxorV

Don't worry, it's something totally different from a penguin ;-) .

Btw, nice title :-P

LuxorV

Good because the penguin is mine! *skull*

Thanks btw!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Nice contest. I'm going to participate in this one! :p

Ah, Kermit *wub*

SlyOwl

Yoda.... :-/

------------------------

Interesting concept... *Starts assabling a army of staudies*

X-D MY theme shall be "Me, All 3 versions" X-D

Stauder

Jun-lung? Isn't that a disease? No, no imitation blocks allowed. This contest, although based on a cgi image of a fake LEGO clone brand, only supports use of LEGO elements...and AFOL customs...

Okay thanks. But the Jun-Long bricks look just like the crappy bl@k-bl@k-blocks!

Okay maybe I just have a slight obsession with trying to post more pictures of the shoddy Jun-Long bricks on the inter-tubes.

pa190648.jpg

:-D :-X

Edited by Lord Of Pies

Since customs are allowed, I have made a custom torso for the ninja fighter. Now for the flags...

Linkey X-D

I don't see how this would fit into the contest, since it's Star Wars, so I'm just being silly. :-$

Will

EDIT: Argh! Spelled "Linky" wrong! >:-( :'-(

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Hey, guys, over at the discussion about this Block Block picture, LFADN has miraculously found and posted this great picture of the back of this box art!

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&db...id=5181ℑ=2

I think, it could come in handy for this contest, especially if you want photoshop the theme and brand logo out to use them to make your entry pic(s) look like box art too! It also features better pics of the minifigs (in case you want to try to accurately recreate them) and a close-up of the space ship in the background of Hinckley's pic. But I call dibs that ship, though! X-D I think it's a great vehicle to base a set on!

Nah, just kiddin'. You can use it to make an entry, too... I mean, what much else is there for refference! :-D

Anyway, I hope it helps.

Has anybody come up with a cool name for this theme yet? How about"Tonfa Megablocks Kickerz"? :-D

Idk, I don't think we should generalize the theme name. I think, everybody should give it his own name, based on his/her interpretation of it. *sad*

Well, have fun working on your entries! Peace out! *y*

PS: *sing* Oh C'mon, Hinckley! Are you still :-| mad at me? :'-( Please take that last FAQ down - it's embaressing, and I feel bad asking any kind of question as long as it's up! :-$ Please? *sweet*

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

PS: *sing* Oh C'mon, Hinckley! Are you still :-| mad at me? :'-( Please take that last FAQ down - it's embaressing, and I feel bad asking any kind of question as long as it's up! :-$ Please? *sweet*

Oh good. That is the exact reason why it shall stay... >:-)

And read the rules! There will be a poll to decide the best theme name. Every entry should be accompanied by a theme name, sheesh. Maybe you wouldn't have so many questions if you would just read stuff.

PS-Don't worry. I'm just giving you a hard time. I like you...a little. :-/

I'm very fragile after learning this set is just a drawing and not real. I'll never have it and I don't know how to cope with that.

You actually thought that crap was real! :-D :-P

I would never expect TLC to do a pointless theme like that!

However this contest still is fun *y*

P

Edited by Piranha

You actually thought that crap was real! :-D :-P

I would never expect TLC to do a pointless theme like that!

However this contest still is fun *y*

No! Of course I didn't think this was an official LEGO set, you numbskull! But I thought-nay, hoped!-that some imitation company called Block Block made a wonderful set that I could buy and open and the little CGI imitation mini-figs would run around and dance and sing and miss the garbage can by a couple of millimiters. Then I figured they would all stay up and cobble shoes for me while I slept.

Doofus. :-P

Q: What is this theme about?

A: :-| Anything you want. The picture is actually a mock-up of a capcom game. Jinzo did some further research on this game for us. You can base your entry off of this game and Jinzo's awesome research or you can just make something up based solely on the picture and your own rampant imagination. Just go nuts!

Hey! I am the one who answered your question first! I even did it in 20 minutes instead of 3 hours. :-| Where is my credit! :'-(

No! Of course I didn't think this was an official LEGO set, you numbskull! But I thought-nay, hoped!-that some imitation company called Block Block made a wonderful set that I could buy and open and the little CGI imitation mini-figs would run around and dance and sing and miss the garbage can by a couple of millimiters. Then I figured they would all stay up and cobble shoes for me while I slept.

Doofus. :-P

|-/ Aside from insulting me ( |-/ ) and name calling ( |-/ 0), why don't you just go ahead and give me whack/swirlie or whatever devious things you do :-P X-D

Seriously, You actually thought that crap would turn CGI then sing and dance and make shoes like some theme park ride? Beyond Disturbing! X-O :-P

P

|-/ Aside from insulting me ( |-/ ) and name calling ( |-/ 0), why don't you just go ahead and give me whack/swirlie or whatever devious things you do :-P X-D

Seriously, You actually thought that crap would turn CGI then sing and dance and make shoes like some theme park ride? Beyond Disturbing! X-O :-P

P

8-| There's a theme park ride that makes shoes??

8-| There's a theme park ride that makes shoes??

Opps it was a typo, thrown in for dramatic effect :-P

Where's my swirlie though? |-/

p

Where's my swirlie though? |-/

Meh, you're not the boss of me.

Hey! I am the one who answered your question first! I even did it in 20 minutes instead of 3 hours. :-| Where is my credit! :'-(

funny-pictures-polarbear-face-palm.jpg

:-P