General Magma

General Magma's LOTR Figures

Lovely. How about a Mount Doom Frodo or a Galadrial or Saruman!

Gothmog is amazing! :excited:

My vote for the next character goes to Saruman or Eowyn. :wink:

Thanks guys! :classic:

I think the next one will be Saruman, then.

Éowyn and Galadriel would probably be like the ones we've already seen as video game characters, perhaps with some tweaks since it isn't always

that video game characters will end up supplying the same design for the actual figures. Might as well restore the Elvish points on the Galadriel figure...

Cheekbones, lower mouth... For smaller figures, I have yet to "shrink" the legs for a second template.

Here's a list of figures I've been thinking of... perhaps you guys could put them in order from the figure you want to see most to the one you'd rather have after all others so I've got an idea of figs after this:

(Can be a top 5 out of these as well, might be easier for me)

1. Saruman

2. Orc soldiers (Morannon)

3. Faramir

4. Éowyn (Battle Armor)

5. Frodo (Mt. Doom) and Samwise Gamgee (Mt. Doom)

6. Háma (or Gamling)

7. Rohan soldiers

8. Rohan Royal Guards

9. Witch-king of Angmar

10. Pippin (Gondorian Armor)

Edited by General Magma

I like the design of Gothmog! Very nice Rohan soldiers as well, certainly inspires me to start some improvising of my own for this Celtic/Nordic-based helmets

this is not lego.

stop customising original lego parts.its just wrong

Please do not comment if you do not appreciate the custom work. Do not come here saying it is wrong. Everybody has a right to express their creativity; if you do not approve it, just skip this part of the forum.

Cool stuff G. Magma, these look amazing. And that template is great, mind if I borrow it?

If you don´t like custom, don´t come to "The minifig customisation workshop" thread to whine

Please do not start mini-modding, especially since I already addressed the matter. Thank you.

It has been a while, but hereby I present to you my latest batch of orcs!

Orcs - Batch 17

24682534286_abce79efdc_z.jpg

The orc in the middle has a painted head, torso, armour piece and legs.

The helmetless orc to the left of him has a custom painted head (which is a replica of the Star Wars Weequay head, but painted on a dark tan head instead of medium dark flesh) and painted legs.

Enjoy! C&C is welcome as always.

It's time for me to continue expanding my LOTR collection again. Stay tuned for more within the next few weeks...

Edited by General Magma

I love your Rohirrim Soldiers a lot especially the first batch. The guy with the goldish brown chainmail hood is epic.

I like your orcs and I love the crazy weapons you've made for them. I think, and I know it's difficult due to parts available, that the orcs are looking a little too diverse if that makes any sense. There's not as much cohesion which makes a certain amount of sense as they are orcs, but the variety doesn't seem to have as much cohesion. Maybe if you gave the groups more unifying features it could help, but that's only if you feel you should. Otherwise they're all epic.

I love your Rohirrim Soldiers a lot especially the first batch. The guy with the goldish brown chainmail hood is epic.

I like your orcs and I love the crazy weapons you've made for them. I think, and I know it's difficult due to parts available, that the orcs are looking a little too diverse if that makes any sense. There's not as much cohesion which makes a certain amount of sense as they are orcs, but the variety doesn't seem to have as much cohesion. Maybe if you gave the groups more unifying features it could help, but that's only if you feel you should. Otherwise they're all epic.

Thank you! I'm not sure about them being a little too "diverse", I personally like the diversity and variety very much, but I'll see if I can implement some of that into future orcs.

And hereby I present to you, a fresh batch of Rohirrim soldiers... custom work all around! I even sculpted and then painted a custom helmet plus beard for the middle soldier. They're my favourites out of all my Rohirrim so far. Enjoy!

Soldiers of Rohan - #3

fc02e135c8e94e5d4280ee8ce3fde166.jpg

Edited by General Magma

Rather quickly after the first batch, which was posted a mere three days ago (as of the time of writing this), I finished these today, and thus I present to you my newest batch of Rohirrim!

Soldiers of Rohan - #4

5ef7d5c4fd98f63e595db730161ada39.png

And an extra side-shot of the archer to the far left, to show the horse decoration helmet add-on from the side:

258006136764a3708886040153fb8f25.png

Edited by General Magma

Great helmet add-on! How did you do it?

Which one of the helmet add-ons do you mean? Either way, they were all made using Citadel's "green stuff".

It's time for some figures I haven't made before - the orcs of Moria! Enjoy, and let me know if you like these. To begin with, a batch of four Moria orcs, followed by one Moria orc swordsman with a fully sculpted helmet!

All of these are fully painted (save for the hands), with custom sculpts for the hair and ears (or, for the fifth one; helmet, hair & ears)

Orcs of Moria - #1

ab357b24ce502e59d1b6eb4b0c92f19b.png

Moria Orc Swordsman

e19f69e009c912ac8d04a9e025e5bb0a.jpg

If you'd like to leave a comment or a fave on any of these Flickr, or see more of my photostream, follow either of these links:

https://www.flickr.c...02/25079754771/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43303352@N02/25151005526/in/photostream/

Edited by General Magma

General magma

They look amazing. Love the paint work on them.

At 1st i thought that they were decals but no painted on, you must have one steady hand

Love them

will

General magma

They look amazing. Love the paint work on them.

At 1st i thought that they were decals but no painted on, you must have one steady hand

Love them

will

Thank you! Glad you like them. And indeed, it's all paint.