Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

Review: 7621 Indiana Jones - Lost Tomb

I understand that the pouches could be used as hand-bags, and hats are fine, but what are you planning with a bunch of whips? X-O 8-| :-P

~Peace

You see I could use them for......errrr......ummm....perhaps........maybe a........ I can't think of anything besides involving minifig violence a leather store :-D Well I guess you'll have to wait and see >:-) ;-)

P

You see I could use them for......errrr......ummm....perhaps........maybe a........ I can't think of anything besides involving minifig violence a leather store :-D Well I guess you'll have to wait and see >:-) ;-)

P

Maybe make a vig of Indiana is buying a whip from a store or steals it from a civilian.. ;-)

LUSH GOOD REVIEW I GOT THIS SET FOR CHRISTMAS ITS AMAZING. THE SKELLYS R QUITE COOL WITH NEW DROID ARMS

Good for you and welcome here but can you please not use capslock please !! Tks its really horrible to read !!

*yoda*

Oh ... and here's the star wars link :

7621StarWarsHieroglyphics.jpg

Yes, it is i the film, one a small hieroglyph beside the Ark!

Built it this morning. Fun build. This is my only IJ set so far, and is likely to be until next payday.

Random thoughts, which I think are already covered in this thread:

- TEN snakes!

- Great figures, including the skeleton as it's my first one

- High playability value

- I found the instructions quality poor in terms of colour. The gold bricks seemed red

I think that since February is b-day month, I might to get the IJ DVDs so as I can fully appreciate these sets.

Though I wouldn't say that the set is bad, I'm not a huge fan either. I've had a few problems with the set, such as the red knobs not staying on, and the snakes jamming up. But mainly I just didn't enjoy putting the set together as much as I expected.

I just got it too. I'm very disappointed that the ark isn't fully gold. Way to cut corners Lego... :-| It be 100% better if the stickers were printed. I might have bought two of these, if it wasn't for those two issues. All in all, its a fair set. Maybe on the upper end of fair, but its still the weakest of the lot.

One thing I don't get though, is those Anubis statues... :-P

Steve

But mainly I just didn't enjoy putting the set together as much as I expected.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was thinking:

between the sheer number of snakes available (like in this set) and the numerous airplanes that we have, someone shoudl do a MOC of Snakes On A Plane.

We already have a Samual L Jackson minifig (of sorts).

Sorry, off topic, but this thread/set gave me the idea.

I've already tried that; admittedly with my bi-plane pie-plane, but I got the same result. :-)

I like the set very much, it was my first, Marion looks great abd the building can also be very useful for Egypt themes, made very nice

It depends...for minfigs this one is the better choice because this is the only Marion minifig from Raiders. Plus you get the ark! Even though they don't call it that. And the playset looks great as a display. The truck chase is also iconic but VERY small once built. The german soldiers are good but nothing unique in terms of minifigs. And both come with Indy. You do get Indy's horse but you can get that in a Castle set and he stole it anyways...I say get the Lost Tomb.