Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

Review: 7621 Indiana Jones - Lost Tomb

-SW stickers! Do you think they needed the SW license for that?

Good question. This hieroglyph in particular is in the movie. Supposedly it's in the background on the wall as Indy and Sallah (why no minifig of him?) lift the ark up out of the box. Though I've never looked for it, I read about it in a Lucasfilm magazine. I really do wonder if you'd need the SW license to portray R2-D2 and C-3PO even if they appear in a movie you are licensed for.

This is going to sound really lame, but what you guys are saying about snacks and pushing buttons to make them fall down makes me think of [link:http://pbskids.org/zoboo/]Zoboomafu[/link]. You guys probably have no idea what this is, unless you have small children. I knew it beacause I'm just a teen and saw it when i was little. Just click the link.

Anyway, cool set. Though somehow I wish it had a second floor. I don't think I'll be buying it unless I'm making a tan MOC.

I still don't get peoples' problem with stickers (see my earlier post). Could anyone please give me an answer to that?

quite simply ... people would prefer them to be printed elements, because they will last longer than stickers.

hey, what is r2-d2 doing in there. i mean the sticker sheet

suggest you read the thread ;-)

The sticker is related to some hieroglyphics as actually seen, albeit briefly, in the film.

I've tryed decoding them and they make no sense. Maybe it was the Translator I used... X-D

Yous should try manually decodin, I used a great book, its called: Decoding for Dummies There's also a special edition: Depicting the threepio: A lego-fanatic's guide to decodind printed/sticker ancient writing forms.

just watched the film and this is a nice compact set to recreate the scenes with the Ark ... the Ark is pretty well made in lego terms, although of course, it's unopenable. Mind you ... would you really want to open it? ;)

Edited by Big Pete

just watched the film and this is a nice compact set to recreate the scenes with the Ark ... the Ark is pretty well made in lego terms, although of course, it's openable. Mind you ... would you really want to open it? ;)

The ark in the set isn't openable, is it? 8-

I've tryed decoding them and they make no sense. Maybe it was the Translator I used... X-D

Yeah, some of these didn't make sense. I did get some of them after using many different translators.

So I don't spoil it, the large wall on the right with Ra on it says ANUBIS, and on the thin one on the left, it says HORUS

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

whoops ... there was a vital "un" missing from that post! :-$

Oh, thank the lego lord! Your life has been spared! *y*

TinyPiesRus, you used the books I recommended, didn't you? X-D

I love the set and review

I was in TRU friday and they had no IJ sets, not even The Motorcycle Chase.

I really dissapointed especially because I dont have a TRU any longer in my town.

So it'll be months b4 I see them. :'-(

I picked this set up last night (though i hated paying the sky high new price for it, damn you lego >:-( ) and its a very good, sturdy build. I had worried that it might break apart with ease but i'm glad to say that's not the case.

Like others i too have stickers left over, i really believe lego screwed up and have not shown where they should go. Oh well at least i can have some for mocs, the marion fig is just stunning *wub*

Thanks for the review! This is a very nice set. Definately a must buy for me!! I think that those Star Wars heiroglyphics must be the first sticker I actually really like... but what the... flick-fire missiles in an Indy set? ;-)

aaah feel like ending up with an Indy clone army...

aaah feel like ending up with an Indy clone army...

Yeah that's the problem, we are gonna have far to many Indy's left over.

They really need a jacket-less Indy. Or something.

like this ? ;-)

2122846440_aaab6b34ff.jpg

A simple combo of Indy and Han Solo's torso from the Jabba's Sailbarge set

like this ? ;-)

Good idea, may i suggest removing his right arm and replacing it with a flesh toned one.

That way he will look like he does on the rope bridge in Temple of Doom.

like this ? ;-)

LOL. Uh...yeah. Like that. :)

I agree about the Indy clone army but unlike with Vader, Redbeard pirate and R2, Indy has useful parts on him *y* You can never have too many whips, pouches and fedoras. So all the Indy's are very useful and like Big pete did you can make different versions

P

Indy has useful parts on him *y* You can never have too many whips, pouches and fedoras.

I understand that the pouches could be used as hand-bags, and hats are fine, but what are you planning with a bunch of whips? X-O 8-| :-P

~Peace

I understand that the pouches could be used as hand-bags, and hats are fine, but what are you planning with a bunch of whips? X-O 8-| :-P

~Peace

Well i can think of a few crazy whip scenes being built into a moc or two X-D

The good thing about extra indy figs for me, is that those printed legs can be used for lots of custom figs.

This is going to sound really lame, but what you guys are saying about snacks and pushing buttons to make them fall down makes me think of Zoboomafu.

We're goin' to the closet, we're gonna take a trip!

We're headin' to the closet, to grab our stuff and split!

Sorry, got three young kids so I have seen a few episodes. :-D