Capn Frank

REVIEW: 6378 Shell Service Station

INDEXED

I'm going to have to start dodging cannon balls soon if i don't start making some pirate mocs. *pirate*

Anywayz,

I've had my Shell Service Station set # 6378 built exactly by "the book" and sitting around for the longest time.

With the recent twinning of my "town" with Dr. Sinister, I needed a gas station that could handle a lot more traffic (especially military traffic and these new 6-wide vehicles X-D ).

Here be a thumblink to the original station at BL:

6378-1.jpg

I love this station so much, but it really needed some modernization.

The reopening of this station received a lot of attention, even the local police stopped right over.

shell-station1.png

shell-station3.png

One big upgrade to this station is the selling of propane tanks, which is generally a rare commodity from the lego towns i've seen. X-D

th_shell-station2.png

Also at this service station is a propane tank refilling station. The milkman is our first propane customer.

shell_propane.png

The interior has also had an addition and many upgrades.

For instance, this building now has florescent lighting, a big frig in the back, and more shelf space. *y*

shell_inside1.png

Oh look! there's the officer purchasing a mountain dew. Now that there's more shelf space, we can sell more than just 1x1 round yellow bricks and levers. We now have available 1x1 round plates and 1x1 round cones available in multiple colors! :-D

th_shell_inside2.png

With this upgraded gas station, hopefully this town will bring in more business and customers into my small town. X-D

P

:'-) I really love everything you did with this gas station. It looks very cozy!!! Amazing how you said you built it by the book, does that mean you didn't have the set but you used your own pieces to rebuild the thing? The flourescent lighting is genius! And the interior space looks just like what you'd see at those little shops. I really dig the moc ;-) it gives me good ideas and now I want a gas station of my own :-P And the history behind how it was "rebuilt" and how it will improve business etc is so cool *wub*

does that mean you didn't have the set but you used your own pieces to rebuild the thing?

Thanx legobear.

It means that i have the complete set and have kept it complete until yesterday X-D

Since i like the set so much, i wanted to keep the general look of it :-)

P

Edited by phred

Great Moc! It seems you did the math when doing this one and hit the nail on the head (Which pierced a megablock causing it to self destruct) !

Stauder

That's a beautiful upgrade of a classic set! The new interior is great. *wub* Do you still have the tow truck?

A wonderful work and a neat idea with that propane tank refilling station. *y*

Very detailed and very charming indeed! :'-)

Thanx for the compliments :-$

(Which pierced a megablock causing it to self destruct) !

Stauder

YES!

Any destruction of a megablock is a good thing.

Thanx Stauder.

Do you still have the tow truck?

I definitely still have the truck *wub*

I don't have the heart to destroy it :'-)

But...start dodging cannonballs now, boom, harr! :-P

Just don't hit the gas station, don't want to destroy my meager town too :-P

P

You have really upgraded this beautiful set phred I love the way it's modern but classic at the same time!

I'm also a lover of smooth pathways covering any studs and your little path by the shop is really nice! :'-)

Your milk float is great too! *y* I'm definatly going to be one of your new customers ;-)

me likes, a lot. makes me wanna rebuild the old octane gas station from the early 90s and mod it out a bit.

Go for it! *y*

I'd like to add a repair place for my tow truck (eventually) and make a better tow truck.

I'm out of 6 wide windshields though :-/

Your milk float is great too!

A milk float? *wacko*

Dunno what a float is :-$

I'm definatly going to be one of your new customers ;-)

I have your sig-fig in the outfit he wears in his house (neighborhood contest entry), is that what he looks like when he's not being an ancient egyptian mummy and a Clone trooper? X-D

P

Edited by phred

hey phred! I did a similar thing a while back too! Let me share my pics wif you. Its a bit blur, but visible.

I upgraded my station by combining the same shell Station with the Shell Select Station 1254. The rest basically remains the same. *wacko*

dsc01698.jpg

the 2 sets.

dsc01695.jpg

upgraded!

hehe.. but ur station wins hands down! I love the smooth floors and the way you cover up the studs on the baseplate. 8-

hey phred! I did a similar thing a while back too! Let me share my pics wif you. Its a bit blur, but visible.

I upgraded my station by combining the same shell Station with the Shell Select Station 1254. The rest basically remains the same. *wacko*

I like it! *sweet*

i like your display shelves at the front of the store *y*

May have to steal err... borrow that idea for my station X-D

Good job Phred! I love the interior of it! Where did you get that glass for the bike?

*sweet*

Thanx Exobuilder! *y*

I got the windshield from set # 6540 the Pier Police.

My favorite police bike ever made *wub*

A great set too *y*

Here's a pic-link to its info on BL:

6540-1.jpg

P

Edited by phred

I like it! *sweet*

i like your display shelves at the front of the store *y*

May have to steal err... borrow that idea for my station X-D

Haha... no prob Phred. You can use it! X-D Ideas are meant to be shared!

The change I'm going to try to make is to reverse the yellow and red on the canopy. The modern shell has the red on the bottom, more yellow on top.