Bonaparte

The Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

This sounds great! I would like to join.

Access granted.

Welcome to Reviewers Academy.

I would like to join. Very interested in learning better techniques for LEGO photography.

I would like to join. Looks like a great opportunity to learn a few skills.

Access granted to the both of you.

I would love to learn more about reviewing. I'll have to look if I still have the instruction booklets for my old Fabuland sets, reviewing those would be such fun.

I don't have a 'real' camera though, I only take pictures with my iPhone... Is this a problem?

I just tried to make a review- but then realized I had no idea about what I needed to do! :oh: Can I join?

Access granted, welcome to Reviewers Academy.

I don't have a 'real' camera though, I only take pictures with my iPhone... Is this a problem?

May I know what iPhone model it is? I don't usually encourage it but if your iPhone is above 5 or 6 (preferable). I think you can give it a try. Anything lower, the resolution and quality is terrible. Let me know. Thanks.

I'd like to give this a try, but here's some questions I have first:

- Do I need to disassemble the sets I'd like to review first before I can use them for the academy? I don't have the time on hand to tear them apart and rebuild them in a quick manner.

- Is there some sort of time restriction involved (as in, "do this thing that'll be open from *this date* to *date in future*", or "come back in three days or less with *thing*")? I don't know how well I can hold to these if that is the case.

- While I do have access to a nice camera, it's restricted in that I certainly can't go and grab it whenever I need it. Is it fine if I use my phone's camera (HTC One M8) and touch it up in Photoshop to make them acceptable for use in the courses?

For reference, the camera that comes in my phone is 4MP and has a image resolution of 2688x1520 when I pull them off the phone. It's also got some fancy dual-camera magic that allows me to do thing like refocus the image after it's taken and so on. I'm worried about the time limits because I am taking a hefty summer class and am working at the same time.

Hi Phoxtane, thank you for your interest and I will be addressing your questions.

- Do I need to disassemble the sets I'd like to review first before I can use them for the academy? I don't have the time on hand to tear them apart and rebuild them in a quick manner.

There are times where 'old' and 'vintage' sets are built and wanted to be review as it is. In my opinion, I would think is fine for you to do so for your first two reviews as it will not require you to show the process of building it if you are able to generally relate your building experience, as per said. I do understand the time constrain on this aspect, alternatively you can save the unopened sets for latter reviews. I don't think that should be a reason to deter you as we welcome all sort of set reviews as long you are able to justify for it.

- Is there some sort of time restriction involved (as in, "do this thing that'll be open from *this date* to *date in future*", or "come back in three days or less with *thing*")? I don't know how well I can hold to these if that is the case.

There is no time limit or restriction imposed. Take as much as you like. We had seen WIP reviews for more than a year, so why not.

- While I do have access to a nice camera, it's restricted in that I certainly can't go and grab it whenever I need it. Is it fine if I use my phone's camera (HTC One M8) and touch it up in Photoshop to make them acceptable for use in the courses?

Nowadays, the quality of mobile phone for camera function seem to be better but not completely as good as a full pledged digital camera. Which is, if you think you can pull of your images from your mobile phone and improve it on Photoshop software like a good quality output similar to a digital camera, then I don't see why I would restrict you if the quality difference is not huge. Sometimes, with external factors like lighting would also affect digital camera, so they are many other factors as well.

For reference, the camera that comes in my phone is 4MP and has a image resolution of 2688x1520 when I pull them off the phone. It's also got some fancy dual-camera magic that allows me to do thing like refocus the image after it's taken and so on. I'm worried about the time limits because I am taking a hefty summer class and am working at the same time.

Yes, the image resolution is high and when you are editing the image, I would expect you to resize to 800x600 range. Just don't lose the focal point and the clarity of the content. I think it will suffice. As mentioned, there is no time limit imposed and it will take quite awhile for you to pass through each review.

Let me know if you still keen to sign up. Thank you.

Then I'll go for it, if that's all right with the powers that be!

Access granted.

I've been wanting to join this for some time and just got some new loot, so I'm in! :wink::sweet:

I've been wanting to join this for some time and just got some new loot, so I'm in! :wink::sweet:

Access granted. Welcome to the Reviewers Academy. :classic:

'Llo! I've been wanting to review sets for quite the while, as most reviews seem to skip a lot of aspects of a set that I was curious about.

I think I've got the right amount of sets I've been waiting to open, so I'm up for it!

'Llo! I've been wanting to review sets for quite the while, as most reviews seem to skip a lot of aspects of a set that I was curious about.

I think I've got the right amount of sets I've been waiting to open, so I'm up for it!

Access granted. Welcome to the Reviewers Academy. :classic:

Hello! I would like to participate in this if it is still possible. I have a camera and quite a few unopened sets. :sweet:

It is always possible. :classic:

Welcome to the Reviewers Academy, I've added you.

Hi i want to join But i only have 2 sets. Do you need to have 3 giant sets? Because i cant buy another large set again. So are small sets (around 20 euros) also aloud?

Hi i want to join But i only have 2 sets. Do you need to have 3 giant sets? Because i cant buy another large set again. So are small sets (around 20 euros) also aloud?

We prefer you to start off in the Academy with smaller sets, so €20 sets are more than adequate. I've added you, welcome to the Reviewers Academy and apologies for the delay.

I'm ready to improve my skills!

Welcome to the Reviewers Academy and apologies for the delay.

I have 4 sets.2 from Hero Factory,2 from City theme(Not including the Polybags and accesory sets) I have make some reviews in City forums,but no replies.One question, did Vassal users can join Reviewer Academy?If can,I hope I can join.Because,I need more useful guides to make great sets review.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I have 4 sets.2 from Hero Factory,2 from City theme(Not including the Polybags and accesory sets) I have make some reviews in City forums,but no replies.One question, did Vassal users can join Reviewer Academy?If can,I,hope I can join.Because,I need more useful guides to make great sets review.

Access granted.

Requesting access, can't wait to learn from the experts on reviewing!

Access granted, welcome to the Reviewers Academy. :classic: