Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

The Batbrick Cave!

We'll I believe that six pictures are not enough to see all the wonderful entries in Hinckley's competition, but unfortunatley they do not want to share, so you get stuck with mine! X-D :-P

Anyhoo, here is a view of the whole thing:

p1190866.jpg

The batboat can fit through the dock pretty easily, as can other small boats. You can see I slipped in my love affair with chains as a handrail! *wub*

p1190868.jpg

Here is the first level. It has a display for the two batsuits, and the Robin suit, as well as a jail cell for my latest enemy in Eurobricks city: iamded! X-O

p1190870.jpg

Heres my favourite part, the control room! It has a semi-circular desk where I do my investigations. On it are a set of iamded's fingerprints I'm trying to match up, and a Joker Gas Bomb I'm attempting to gain an antivenom for. On the right is a small shelf with a model human skull and poison ivy toxin. Behind me is my Brickarang holder and on my right (your left ;-) ) is my Brickcomputer.

p1190875.jpg

Heres my Bat-submersible, which is completely watertight, and small and agile. It can go underwater for short distances, which is required for the best access to the cave, which is accessible by an underwater cavern on the coastline. In the background is my cape holders, with mine and Robin's cape. Also a bat :-D

p1190876.jpg

A view from the side, You may notice on the crane, a small computer used to operate it ;-) :

p1190877.jpg

Here is a spider web, covering the lower room, which holds the controls to the batcave and its many functions:

p1190878.jpg

It is accessible by a small diagonal ladder extending into the main platform:

p1190881.jpg

The access ramp:

p1190883.jpg

The dock from above, believe it or not but the batboat can actually manouvre pretty easily in there :-D :

p1190884.jpg

iamded in his cell, ha ha! :-P Oh wait! The cell is open! X-O

p1190887.jpg

Sideview with capeholders:

p1190889.jpg

The Batsubmersible on its own, actually fits a minifig for its small size. I'm quite happy with it, its rather sleek for something that can fit Batman in it:

p1190892.jpg

I accidentally caved a slope in this pic, so just ignore that, it is watertight ;-) (just not now X-D ):

p1190895.jpg

You can see him in this one:

p1190893.jpg

Back of the whole thing, pretty plain, but its meant to be a cave so the back isn't really meant to be good :-/ :

p1190908.jpg

A couple more shots of the whole thing:

p1190909.jpg

p1190910.jpg

Hoped you liked it, comments and constructive criticism greatly appreciated! *sweet*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

This looks indeed like a pretty decent BatGrotto, with some nice features like that

crane and some fine details like those trans clear bricks. A neat work, and this

BatSub

Ah, my PM worked! :-)

Aaanyway, I *wub* this MOC! The secret room is great, and the accesories are nice! If this were made into a set, I would estimate... $90. KUTGW!

So, are you going to make a bad guy hangout? It would make sense. Just a thought.

Nice, I like the place for him to keep the costumes & the weapon part. It is so nice. *wub*

This looks indeed like a pretty decent BatGrotto, with some nice features like that

crane and some fine details like those trans clear bricks. A neat work, and this

BatSub

Nice bat-cave and veichles, Batbrick *y*

You sure have lots of accessories and mechanisms there 8-

Very nice--I've gotta finish my Batcave and share it with you guys. I don't think it'll be as nice as yours, but still. I'm all about the sharing.

Nice bat-cave and veichles, Batbrick *y*

You sure have lots of accessories and mechanisms there 8-

Cool, I can't wait to see it jedikermit! *sweet* Thanks for the complements too, but I believe when it all comes down to it, there are no "better" Mocs...

Maybe so. But there are certainly worse ones. And those would be mine. Maybe I'll post a pic of my Robinmobile later today. It's very :-X

Very nice *y*

Iamded in his cell, Batbrick: oh wait the door is open X-D

You could call him now Iamfree

iamfree! Heheh. :-D I could have sworn I commented on this! Or maybe that was through p.m. 8-| Still, this is amazing, fantastic, brilliant! It's got everything! Even an open cell door for my escape! :-D :-P

~Peace

Yeah, you did in the Neighbourhood Contest Discussion Thread X-D

EDIT: What? I havn't posted anything? :-$ Great job, Batbrick. I love your control room. I see you've got two computers, perhaps so you can post two comments on Eurobricks at once X-D I also love how the base is in the water (in a cave) and it has all of the walkways along it *wub* Great job!

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Maybe so. But there are certainly worse ones. And those would be mine. Maybe I'll post a pic of my Robinmobile later today. It's very :-X

_________

Well if thats how you feel about it, then you should post it, so we can suggest improvements :-) Its all about helping each other grow as a builder!

Oh, and looking forward to the Robinmobile! (even if Batmoblie sounds more appropriate :-P )

_________

Very nice *y*

Iamded in his cell, Batbrick: oh wait the door is open X-D

You could call him now Iamfree

_________

Thanks Wout! Yes, I might post a Batbrick comic one day, chronicling how I caught iamded. And don't worry, soon he will be iamcaught! :-D

_________

iamfree! Heheh. :-D I could have sworn I commented on this! Or maybe that was through p.m. 8-| Still, this is amazing, fantastic, brilliant! It's got everything! Even an open cell door for my escape! :-D :-P

~Peace

_________

You did comment on it in the entry thread, I believe it went something like this: "Oh Batbrick you are SO my hero! Greatest MOC ever! I worship you, even more than icecream!", of course I DID wake up a few moments later :-D

But thanks, feedback is really important to me, even if, after doing a shot of you in prison, I left the cell open!

_________

EDIT: What? I havn't posted anything? :-$ Great job, Batbrick. I love your control room. I see you've got two computers, perhaps so you can post two comments on Eurobricks at once X-D I also love how the base is in the water (in a cave) and it has all of the walkways along it *wub* Great job!

_________

Thanks TinyPiesRUs! :'-) And yes, two computers do come in handy when trying to read the new MM reviews and type this in at the same time! You never know, I might be in the cave right now.........

Thanks for your comments on the walkways, I tried to make them look interesting :-$

_________

very nice! two thumbs up! *y* *y*

_________

Thanks Dark Sword Ragnarok!

To the Batmobile! >:-)

Wow, excellent work here! I'm a big fan of batman and this is a great model! My favorite parts are your office area, great detailing, and the costume display. It reminds me of the display case from Batman Beyond.

This could be my favourite Batcave ever. *wub* You have done a great job in working around piece limitations (such as only one black ladder at the front) and you have produced something great. Personallly I think it is better to focus on the insides rather than the cave itself as unless you have a lot of bricks the cave will end up looking small. I love how the whole MOC is elevated. The crane is a nice touch, although I am unsure of it's purpose.... (Yes it lifts the sub, but why? It can't be worked on like that, no can it be entered...) The prison and display case is really cool too, and I love the control room. This is a much better cave than what Lego produced, but they prioritised silly function over detail. (I did like the turntable of the official set though.) Overall I think this is a great MOC. The question is; is it finished?

As for constructive criticism.... err.... where's the car? ;-)

This could be my favourite Batcave ever. *wub* You have done a great job in working around piece limitations (such as only one black ladder at the front) and you have produced something great. Personallly I think it is better to focus on the insides rather than the cave itself as unless you have a lot of bricks the cave will end up looking small. I love how the whole MOC is elevated. The crane is a nice touch, although I am unsure of it's purpose.... (Yes it lifts the sub, but why? It can't be worked on like that, no can it be entered...) The prison and display case is really cool too, and I love the control room. This is a much better cave than what Lego produced, but they prioritised silly function over detail. (I did like the turntable of the official set though.) Overall I think this is a great MOC. The question is; is it finished?

As for constructive criticism.... err.... where's the car? ;-)

_______

Thanks Sinner! :'-)

It is pretty much finished, considering I demolished it a while ago. I don't have many bricks, nor plates, so I had to think of ways to get around shortage problems. The crane is used to lift the submersible out of the dock to make way for other vehicles and for repairs in a sadly unbuilt station that was to go next to it. Think of the sub platform on the Aquabase, but with repair kits ;-)

I really appreciate your comments on this, and while i do love the Batcave lego produced (which I have now! X-D ) this one will always have a special place in my heart *wub*

Thanks again!

EDIT: And as for the car, this is not THE Batcave, but a second one stationed on the coast accessible only by boat, even then the entrance is hidden, so unless the Batmobile can float, I don't think I'll include it.

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick

I look the look! It's a bit small-ish, but it does the job, I like the hidden goodies! *y*