How do you rate this set?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

My all time favourite medieval castle of all times! In fact, this is the very castle, where WhiteFang is born. :wub:

This is the most powerhouse castle ever released, with great assortment of minifigs, that not only appear less generic from one another in terms of their outfits and weapons armament plus a solid knights formation taking place with very 2 unique bardings that is exclusive to this castle, and more importantly, the special minifig, "White Knight", aka moi sigfig in this incredible castle.

I love it very much, and it's my favourite childhood castle set. Love the tall majestic castle gates, with high towers with archers guarding, along with a dark creepy underground prison for our beloved prisoner sharing together with a water well. Furthermore, there is even a back gate for solders to escape or manoeuvres from the rear to counter the enemies, and where all of the enemies are defeated, the solders can have a great time chilling down with barrels of beer! What a great inspiring playing concept! :wub:

Seriously, I love this set so much, until it bothers me for a long while to tempt myself to find a second MISB set in the open market, so I can experience the playing sensation once more.

Perfect "5" set, with no regrets for more!

Thanks metalandi for sharing this review with us, and it sure made me very happy as I am typing this comment to you. :wink:

Totally agree!, you said all :classic:

This is an excellent example of a Classic Castle set. It is nice to see how different Castle sets were in the past compared to the Kingdoms sets.

There is a great amount of minifigures in this set and they all look amazing. I think this castle also looks very detailed. :wink: Great review of this set.

with very 2 unique bardings that is exclusive to this castle

Those same bardings can also be found in set 6085 Black Monarchs Castle from 1988.

Does anyone have a list of all the rare/exclusive pieces that are in this set. I still have it from when I was a kid and I want to see if I have all of the hard to find pieces to rebuild the set.

I don't get why the flat base plates are not made like normal plates with stud holes on the bottom. I still like them though since they add more form.

I don't get why the flat base plates are not made like normal plates with stud holes on the bottom. I still like them though since they add more form.

Would this not have been better in the "Should Castles have raised baseplates?" thread?

The vacuum forming process that is used to make raised baseplates utilises an "open" 1 part mould therefore can only cast detail into the top surface of the part. ABS parts, ie. bricks and plates, utilise a "closed" 2 part (at least use more than 2) mould which allows detail to be cast into the underside. Creating 2 part moulds to the level of tolerance that Lego demands is very expensive, the bigger the part the more expensive it gets. To create a baseplate in ABS would require very, very expensive moulds. Additionally the different plastics used have different physical qualities, the baseplates are more flexible, bricks are more brittle, to create a baseplate in ABS would require significantly more plastic to give it the required strength so that it doesn't snap under normal use. Ultimately it is a compromise between cost, usability and play-ability.

Edited by The_Cook