Hinckley

Hinckley Brewing Co.

indexed.gif

I know this had a lot of responses in the contest thread, but I wanted to display it for people who might not have had a chance to see it. :-$

So, here's my brewery!

brewery_001.jpg

brewery_002.jpg

brewery_007.jpg

brewery_012.jpg

brewery_014.jpg

Click any pic to see the full gallery on my site and feel free to leave feedback! Thanks. :-)

I didn't follow the contest, but I saw it on your site, and it was *wub* at first glance.

Great building and extreme attention for details *y* .

The van an the poster are just superb!

LuxorV

This is awesome! The scaffolding (?) is neat, that poster is great! :-D The detail on the front roof section is simple but detailed. The interior detail and build is fantastic. That truck is also very well built, and the decals are nice. This would make a great set, every kid's Lego Town needs a brewery!! :-P :-D The mix of brown and frown don't detract from the building, but rather add to it. Great job, keep up the good work! *y* *y*

~Peace

Hinckley, I really love this! *wub* The brick colour choice (brown and rown, right? ;-) ) is excellent and the minifigures are great! The decals are cool and I love the style where no stud can be seen, is there a name for covering everything in tiles for a realistic effect? Anyways, superb job! :-) *y*

Great moc, though i do have a problem with it.... There dosen't appear to be any drunken Admins outside X-D

Great moc, though i do have a problem with it.... There dosen't appear to be any drunken Admins outside X-D

I am guessing that they can be found inside the hug, grey vats.

-Chuck

Nahhh if we were in there it would only be to rib the place, i can picture a moc with *yoda* trying to carry a keg away X-D

Fishing for attention, are we? :-P Well I can't talk as I have done similar things in the past! :-$ However, a MOC this good really can't be missed. *wub* I'm still stunned by how beautiful this is. Additionally, it has some very smart part usage, especially what you have done to make the loading bay. If that wasn't enough, you then added the cool exterior details like the billboard! :-D

The fermenting system looks suitably complicated, although you really need more ageing vats! :-P I love how you have included a lift for adding hops to the fermentor. The printed plate, while a nice touch, doesn't work for me though. Prior to deciding to go to your site, I was going to insult your lack of an office, and I am glad that I decided to check! Great touch, from there he has a commanding view of his minions! *wub* (I won't include this photo to encourage people to go to your site and see it for themselves! ;-) )

The van is kind of cool, but lately those wheels have been saying to me "too small for trucks" (hence my fire-engine) so it loses points from me there. :-$ It does look very suited to the brewery though.

Oddly, your photos seem to be missing a few details. I would love to see the internal connection with the fire escape.... or isn't there one? I can see in one photo...

brewery_015.jpg

...the middle level off to the right and I can just see the door there, but nothing seems to be in front of it... 8-| Did you end up integrating this MOC into your town? Being raised will create more that a few problems, although it would work well near a wharf. (Maybe I should make something similar! :-D )

Overall this is my favourite building MOC ever. Honest. The biggest reason why I think this design is great is because it should appeal to people who like the "traditional" building style as well as those who prefer the more recent "Cafe Corner" style. To me it seems so real, yet not over detailed. Looking at this makes me want to forget about "Cafe Corner" clones and start work on a "Hinckley Brewing Co." clone ASAP. Simply gorgeous. *sweet*

yeah it's cool. i like the use of trans-color cones for bottles. i absolutely *wub* the new gas station set. the trans-black cones are awesome as coca-cola generic cola bottles. *y*

A marvelous MOC with a beautiful interior, very fine details like that fire exit and

that great The Whacker & The Walrus bill. Your loading area and truck

I love this so much it's silly. It just looks so real, and I love when sets look like they're not sets, but actually models. This looks like I could go downtown and find it on a street. I love the loading portion, the color schemes, even the inside *wub*

Great job. The only thing I might possibly suggest is to make a "bricked in" window, you know what I mean?

This looks like the real thing.

You've made a good choice for the colors.

Brown and green go perfect together in this MOC.

Not only the outside, but also the inside is very detailed.

And those posters on the sides of the car and building give this MOC that little extra.

I really like the colours in this builing and the truck in an amazing creation! I see that the little loading depo is raised was that just so you could have it going downwards or are you planniing to add anything else to it?

Terriffic! Tlc should made this set in production. *y* :-D :-)

Ohhh, ahhh...

Very nice! I particularly like the simplicity of the colour scheme and industrial feel...

God Bless,

Nathan

This is a fantastic Moc, Hinckley! I was really outstanded when I first saw it. *wub*

And the cool little details inside too! It makes me ashamed to even consider posting some of my mocs!

Anyway, this is perhaps the most vital ingredient in a town, never mind hospitals or Police stations, who needs them when you are completely drunk! :-D

Amazing work, Hinckley!

Although I love all of it, my favorite part might be the loading dock--I love that rounded roof...just makes it seem more industrial and authentic.

I wanna build one!

i've been meaning to leave some feedback here, hinckley.

i really like looking at this, because (as you probably know) im pretty interested with "industry building" right now. and this has a real industry touch, as norro pointed out. good exterior colors, and i love the rare green garage door links.

i also like the truck... and might secretly like to borrow that front end configuration sometime ;-) im getting slightly tired of all the flat noses of the official sets.

- BM

I have seen that already some time ago, and i still like to visit your web to watch pictures of that MOC,

it is just marvelous, i wish Lego made it as an official set *wub*

Hinckley, I have just one question, where did you get that green garage roller door panels WITHOUT handle from??

At Bricklink there is only a few with handel and non without :(

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments. One thing I have to say is that it's nice to see so much activity in this forum. When I first started posting years ago. When I posted an MOC, it would be one of three or four active topics. It's nice to see that a MOC I posted only a week ago is already on the second page! More MOCs everyone! Yay!

This is awesome! The scaffolding (?) is neat, that poster is great! The detail on the front roof section is simple but detailed. The interior detail and build is fantastic. That truck is also very well built, and the decals are nice. This would make a great set, every kid's Lego Town needs a brewery!! The mix of brown and frown don't detract from the building, but rather add to it. Great job, keep up the good work!

~Peace

Thanks! And yes, I love that you've pointed out that we need to encourage kids to drink. And that is a point well made. Even if LEGO did want to make this into a set, which would be a *wub* dream come true, they probably wouldn't be able to get past the subject matter. Remember they didn't release the Guarded Inn in the states because there were wine glasses in it? *wacko* I have to admit, I saw the mixed color technique used somewhere on Brickshelf and loved the idea. It really worked great here, but it was not originally my idea...

I

I'm so busted...there is a serious design flaw with the lift that I haven't fixed yet.

:-P I suspected that. I still think it's great! *wub*