Welcome to Eurobricks. Anyone who wants the bulldozer is a friend of mine! *sweet*

gotta give him credits for the a$$-kissing though *wub* X-D

Back to the bulldozer!

i contacted a local toy shop, and it should arrive there next week or so..

just in time for my next months salary!!! hmmm i guess it has been spent already >:-)

just in time for my next months salary!!! hmmm i guess it has been spent already >:-)

Check out this site, an internetshop where they offer the Bulldozer for "just" 135 euro's, that'll save you some money, especially when you're picking it up yourself in Heesch (Oss) for instance.

That is what I will do for sure.

OV-studentenkaart on!

Check out this site, an internetshop where they offer the Bulldozer for "just" 135 euro's, that'll save you some money, especially when you're picking it up yourself in Heesch (Oss) for instance.

That is what I will do for sure.

OV-studentenkaart on!

Bart smit had it already, picked it up as soon as i could get there...

bulldozer-on *wub*

Review will soon follow... but where to put it???

I bought the set yesterday at Bart Smit for 135 euro. It's a nice set and it's a pretty fair price considering all the electronics that are the set.

I hope we will soon see more of these :'-)

Edited by Dryw Filtiarn

I bought the set yesterday at Bart Smit for 135 euro. It's a nice set and it's a pretty fair price considering all the electronics that are the set.

I hope we will soon see more of these :'-)

hopefully they'll try some sort of control centre III.

i mean those sets are endlessly beautiful, and affordable for ones who think the NXT is overpriced.

Even the models in those sets aren't average (like the dino in CC2 and the drawing machine in CC1)

Well, The IR models are cool too, maybe they can make a IR control center...

just imagine steering 8 motors with just 1 platform *wub* *wacko*

what the hell, you could even make the platform so that two people can operate 2 different models!

The bulldozer was way too simple for me, but the model itself looks great when completed,

drives like a maniac, perfect for chasing the cats around (and bulldoze up their 'spillings'. but cover up your blade, or else the sh*t will be everywhere!)

Well, waiting for a far more complex model! :-D

Edited by Crazydance

I currently own a bulldozer and a dino which allows met to control six motors. Maybe I'm going to try to see if I can create a robotic arm using all of them, so I can create a real multi-axis robot *sweet*

I currently own a bulldozer and a dino which allows met to control six motors. Maybe I'm going to try to see if I can create a robotic arm using all of them, so I can create a real multi-axis robot *sweet*

That sounds like a great idea. Being so slow these motors would be perfect for the job. *sweet* Try to keep the XL-motors near the shoulder though, or you will get balancing problems. ;-)

Hmm we are several day into september yet no quick build model in sight. >:-( And no news about the dozer either. Come on TLG and wake up. I don't care about the quick build but i want those cables. *wub*

Hmm we are several day into september yet no quick build model in sight. >:-( And no news about the dozer either. Come on TLG and wake up. I don't care about the quick build but i want those cables. *wub*

jeah that excactly how i feel... the quickbuild instructions are way too late anyways.

anyone who's gotten the dozer has it up and running allready :)

well maybe they can save the day by releasing some goodies and a more advanced alternative model.

Still no new instructions but TLC have posted a video about the design of the set.

Still no new instructions but TLC have posted a video about the design of the set.

Can you post a link to the video, please? :-)

Can you post a link to the video, please? :-)

LEGO Bulldozer: Behind the design

Stops at approx. 50% of the video though 8-|

there's another build of the bulldozer with pneumatics in the video too... that looks kinda weird...

but then again... there's not enought room for a compressor in the model... i don't see me pumping every two minutes :P

come on lego, let's see some big magical RC pneumatics model in 2008 :D

Edited by Crazydance

Oh my wordy yes. *sing* *sing* *sing* *sing* Oh Oh Oh baby yeah!

I'm halfway through assembling mine and I have been having a great time playing with it. This is a great set. Everyone must buy one. Sell your soul if neccesary, perhaps even your bucket, but get this you must! *wub*

Oh Oh yeah oh oh more yeah oh baby yeah!

Stops at approx. 50% of the video though 8-|

...and I thought it was just me. Thanks!

I get a complaint about plugin in firefox. Then again i'm on Linux. Interesting enough, when i tried konqueror it wanted to download the file instead. *wacko* Nice vid.

I tried running my on top of a bed and that worked just fine. It couldn't get up onto the bedcovers nor could it push my pillows. Funny though that trying something like that you would expect a crunching sound coming from the gears but the only thing that happened was that the tracks slipped on the sheet. How's that for strength. Will try pushing something like a chair later.

BTW i tried "combing" the sheet using the ripper and it really worked but not that good. I'll try this outside some time. When driving on top of the folded bed cover it really got tested and needed both motors for turning but it worked, of course with the blade and ripper lifted. These motors are incredibly powerful. As has been shown before the ripper motor is powerful enough to lift the rear of the bulldozer. X-O

The site has been updated with more videos. Here are some direct links.

Behind the Design - Part 1

Behind the Design - Part 2

TV Ad

Interestingly, a pneumatic version is shown in both parts. In part 2 there is some cool footage of the Bulldozer in snow. Not something I would try. 8-|

wrap your engines in plastic bags, as long as the electrical system

isn't exposed i think you could use it as a snow-plow.

I had it apart and back to bulldozer again a few days ago,

tried building the alternative model but it really isn't as rigid and cool as the bulldozer.

while building it i also noticed it uses a mere 3 motors instead of 4.

well, i'm waiting for a racer with enough force :D

bulldozer-on *wub*

How did you build the second model since i still don't see any instructions for it (come on TLG)? As for snow i would have to wait a few months for that and as Crazydance said it'll prolly work as long as you cover up the motors and wires.

AND WHERE ARE THE CONVERTER CABLES? >:-( *sing*

Have anyone here had the problems that this page describes. Apparently one should push the axle all the way in and not doing that causes both the ripper and the dozer blade to malfunction though i'm not sure why. What happens if the axle is inserted the wrong way? Does it come loose?

Have anyone here had the problems that this page describes. Apparently one should push the axle all the way in and not doing that causes both the ripper and the dozer blade to malfunction though i'm not sure why. What happens if the axle is inserted the wrong way? Does it come loose?

I think what happens is the ripper and blade gear train become linked. Mine does not have that problem, but I am always very careful to ensure that things are working while I assemble sets.

My thought was that the axle would slip loose but i too check carefully while building so i rarely make mistakes and the ones i do are found and corrected before i finish.

Just wanted to say that yesterday i bought another one. X-D You can't do much on only 4 channels but 8 should be enough, for now. >:-) If only i had some solenoids, an excavator is planned but first i need a vehicle for the guns i've made so i can write a page about them. First though is sorting the pieces, for both dozers. X-O :-X

I made my bulldozer today and added the controller from my dinosaur to handle all four functions without switching. The machine weighs 3 pounds 10.8 oz in case that matters to anyone. I trust there's a kilo-konverter somewhere to change to grams. :'-)

Is there any word on the alternate model construction guide?