Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Building Challenge

As many of you are aware, Mystery Ship, the latest Eurobricks mystery adventure is in progress. I've provided some "Behind the Scene" Images in this thread: See the Sets.

As a building challenge, if you'd like to attempt to try building one of the rooms aboard the Sea Ghost, and it comes out well, I will incorporate your MOC into the story. This is just for fun, but would add a great element of realism to the story. Think of the various rooms that would make up a cargo ship.

Post your MOCs here.

I shared an image of this room on another thread, but here's Chef Otto's galley:

Galley1.jpg

Hum, this sounds like fun. I'll try to make a part of the Engine room. That is as long as Sinner doesn't mind ;-)

Just make sure it is realistic and doesn't have an unlimited power source. You know I don't like those! :-D

I'll take the transporter room!

Wait, I'm getting my stories mixed up.

*whacks Sinner with a dilithium crystal* :-P

Now, where were we? Oh yes, building. I'm not sure I've "seen" enough of the ship at this point to adequately construct it. I do, however, have a firm grasp on the fog. It's in my brain. *wacko*

Think I'll keep "watching" before I try building anything. I do like that galley a lot though, especially since it's so well outfitted with potential weapons ;-)

*whacks Sinner with a dilithium crystal* :-P

Noooo, not a dilithium crystal! They have to be the most overused plot device of the original series. :-|

Noooo, not a dilithium crystal! They have to be the most overused plot device of the original series. :-|

At least I didn't hide tribbles in your shorts. Again.

This does sound like fun. I just hope I'm not stuck with the janitorial closet once I come up with an idea. :-P

Well I don't know about realistic, I've never been in an engine/boiler room Mr. Navy :-| I wanted to make it somewhat greebled without being TOO greebled. Anyway I threw this together in about an hour so sorry if it sucks :-$

Here's the overall shot:

engineroomcp2.jpg

Here's meeeeee

engineroom2od9.jpg

Aren't I adorable swooshing my model Enterprise? *wub* (I'll get you for this, Brickster)

And here's another angle:

engineroom3qz5.jpg

Man I hope BS is back up soon :'-(

Man I hope BS is back up soon :'-(

Me too, I'm not seeing any of those. Leads me to ask something I've meant to ask for a while. What does IPB Image mean on these boards?

Well I don't know about realistic, I've never been in an engine/boiler room Mr. Navy :-| I wanted to make it somewhat greebled without being TOO greebled. Anyway I threw this together in about an hour so sorry if it sucks :-$

Wow! I love it. *sweet* That is pretty darn good for an hour or so. I like the Enterprise as well. (Which one is it? ;-) ) I would still be sorting bricks if I was making it... :-$ My only complaint is it looks too clean! :-P

I was going to reply earlier but I decided that I wanted to post some engine room photos to demonstrate. However, it turns out that they are all film photos. >:-( The best I could find was a shot of some valves and lagging. :-$

1309035740_ce634e2474_o.jpg

We'll just have to see what EB's resident engine b!itch, Sinner thinks of it...that's the true test! *sweet*

Gee thanks. :-$ For that you get an extra picture; me working on my old Radar. :'-)

1309039656_8270bf5a21_o.jpg

I used to really get into my work. X-D :-D :-P ....... 8-| :-$

(Which one is it? ;-) )

Oh god there's more than one? :'-(

My only complaint is it looks too clean! :-P

That combined with the other picture you showed makes me want to redo it :-D I could probably do the pipes better, but I've been so busy lately *wacko* As for clean...well, we DO have a janitor here, don't we? X-D

1309039656_8270bf5a21_o.jpg

*wub* That's adorable! Reminds me of this:

hinckley39_peekaboo.jpg

I used to really get into my work. X-D :-D :-P ....... 8-| :-$

:-X You just lost your adorable status, punk. >:-(

I really like the engine room too, but how about that great galley???

The galley is just phenomenal. It looks cramped and real, I love the wood beams at the top *wub* The map and the net are great details also, it just looks so REAL, the people on the ship...er, "we" have it good X-D

J (I can call you that, right? 8-| ) I love that engine room! It looks great!

Brickster, Amazing gallery. Looks so real.

The way Hinckley is drinking the whiskey maybe I should make a miniature onboard pub. :-D

I really like the engine room too, but how about that great galley???

Ooops! :-$ We're in trouble now.... Well, I really like it. I thought it was there as a reference and had already been discussed so I didn't comment on it. Sorry. Like SW4J I think the overhead beams are a nice touch, and the lights and decorations are excellent.... but it all looks too wooden to me. I think it would suit a sail boat better.

I'm in even more trouble now, aren't I?

If people die in this mystery I know who's dying first :-P

He can't; he is already down one tech! 8-|

Having no one to fix the ship would be interesting... >:-)

Why are all EB members Loonies? 8-| Ill go build the loo.... What? All that wiskey has to come out and ye dont want to be doint that on deck, where its cold... Something might freeze... X-D

Why are all EB members Loonies?

And Im turning into one of em!

Why are all EB members Loonies? 8-| Ill go build the loo....

The heads they are called. No loos on a ship matie!

Why are all EB members Loonies?

Adults who collect and build Lego - then play Murder Mysteries with them - does this really surprise you? I would not expect anything different. :-D

In any case, I know whose dying first >:-) .

Well I built da loo anyway... Igore the walls. I am abroad and the loo is made out of Y-Wing Greebles and a part or two fron General Grevious fighter.... ;-)

6bw428y.png

Edited by Stauder@55