Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

Interview With Sinner

You made me fall off may chair laughing damn you! X-D :-D :-D

<something thoroughly inappropriate> On!?

I laughed too, but I maintained equilibrium. I managed to stay on my chair. Actually, it is a stool. However, Stauder I think maybe it is time to consider in-home-care... :-/

;-) ... But you should know Im on a chair with half a leg missiing... Gotta change it...

Edited by Stauder@55

But you should know Im on a chair with half a leg missiing... Gotta change it...

I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of his other leg.

Im trying to get copmike to stand of one of these. He is practically your side victim aint he hinck?

Ok. This is somewhat fun to read, but I cannot see why it's here in the "General news section" - shouldn't this kind of post be in the community where babble threads belong?

KimT

Ok. This is somewhat fun to read, but I cannot see why it's here in the "General news section" - shouldn't this kind of post be in the community where babble threads belong?

KimT

:-D A lot of threads I touch turn into babble threads. :-$

I thought the same thing when I first read this thread, after all Sinner and I are not made out of LEGO. But it's been here for a few days so I guess they thought this was an okay place for it.

:-)

KimT

Probably, but it could also stay, because a lot of the interview is about Hinckley's collection.

:-D This has been a very interesting thread, and a great interview! I thoroughly enjoyed it. X-D

Even though there is a lot of fun off topic, heavy Lego issues are at hand so I think its perfect in there :-P

We need good threads so we can have a fun/cool index :-P

I guess I have some homework tonight to do :-D

Interview On !!

*yoda*

Sinner do show us your colection.

...and 12 days later I oblige... :-$ Sorry I have been busy. *wacko*

Going anti-clockwise around the room. (If you want clockwise start at the bottom.)

dsc01426e.jpg

Part of Sinnerton (including my unfinished ferris wheel) and shelves full of MOCs and sets. Below Sinnerton is boring non-Lego stuff. I hope to soon find another home for it all so then I have an excuse to buy more Lego! *sweet*

dsc01450e.jpg

Close up of the shelves. I got it for free from HMAS Perth when it decommissioned and it is very heavy. I used to use it for a fish tank that covered the entire top. I now hope to turn it into a space display. (More for general MOCs than Star Wars MOCs/sets.)

dsc01431e.jpg

My supposed Lego workbench. I take photos in the area to the left. The ice cream tubs are full of half finished projects and/or sorted Lego. Below is more of the same as well as my sorting bin.

dsc01432e.jpg

My supposed programming workbench with my under-sea theme sets and MOCs on top. Many of these will fall in the sorting bin soon. :'-(

dsc01437e.jpg

Since this room is officially for work :-$ I have a router, printers and a file server in here for work purposes. I do try to disguise it though. :-P The second shelf with the white folders is where I keep my instructions. (The Viking longboat has been modded slightly so there are ten rowers.)

dsc01440e.jpg

Most of my Technic sets including the *wub* *wub* Bulldozer. *wub* *wub* The crane is slightly modded so it has a Technic man in the crane cab. I did it when I only had that set so it was hard. I should try and improve it now... 8-| Behind Sinnerton you can see some of my Lego boxes. After much resistance I flatened most of them. I can see myself being forced :'-( to throw them out soon.

dsc01448e.jpg

Ahghghhhhhhhghh! *sing* The martians are attacking Sinnerton! I made this about a year ago but it is still unfinished.

dsc01441e.jpg

Another Sinnerton shot. For the curious the blue is just cardboard. When I made this layout I wanted to have a dockyard as well as the trains. I made a wharehouse but I broke it when I bought the train station as everything needed to be moved and there just wasn't room for it. The problem with that was I made the wharehouse as a justification to buy the container stacker and now I simply don't have a big enough dockyard for it. :'-(

dsc01445e.jpg

To finish, another Sinnerton photo. The red building is a Cafe corner rip off that took too many of my good pieces to do the bottom, leaving little for the top. In short, I don't like it so it will probably be trashed. It does give something for my workmen to do though. :-D I was forced to modify my train station platform with rounded edges as otherwise there was no room for it. Other than that it unchanged. You can also see the motor for my Ferris Wheel. It works surprisingly well, but since I didn't have enough pieces for a second wheel it made the car design too hard. Failures, failures, failures whereever I look! :'-(

Well that's it. Feel free to ask any questions or for more detailed photos, and sorry again Stauder for taking so long.

Great layout! Thanks for sharing. My mission is to de-LEGO my computer desk :-D and it looks very much like what you have going on there. I love the dragon on the printer. There are whacker and walrus sets on my scanner at all times! :-P

dsc01440e.jpg

8-

Great setup! I like everything but that Cafe Corner knockoff (knock it off!) >:-) Actually, I think it would serve well as a wild west hotel with some modification. Might be a way to save it. I could use some of those red railings.

It's amazing to look at the corner of the layout in that first shot where the new Creator house sits next to the old 80's (?) yellow house and realise just how the LEGO view of a house has changed through the years. As much as I like the big one, I miss the simplicity of the old type.

Oh, and a girls bucket *wub* What were they thinking making those for such a short time?

All in all, a fascinating look into the inner LEGO sanctum of everyone's favourite starship cargo ship engineer and walrus. Hey... I don't see a single walrus in there. :-( I stand corrected, there he is welcoming Hinckley and Jocko to town, very nice indeed!

Edited by imperialshadows

engineer and walrus. Hey... I don't see a single walrus in there. :-(

Then you're not you are looking close enough... :-P

dsc01441e.jpg

I hope the dinosaur eats me! *sweet*

Then you're not looking close enough... :-P

I looked closer! And I learned that you can strike out a smiley, who knew?

This is turning into dueling edits!

As for being eaten by a dinosaur ... ;-)

Edited by imperialshadows

My mission is to de-LEGO my computer desk :-D and it looks very much like what you have going on there.

I try, but generally fail. :-$ You can see at least two loose pieces there, and that poly bag near the cup is 7602.

Stop tempting me with cool technic sets! I don't have room on my shelves or in my heart for...beautiful bulldozers...pneumatics...tru *wub*

Neither do I; that is supposed to be my coffee table! :-D

*wub* I see you have visitors at your Passage of Jun-Chi! That made me :'-) Thanks! Maybe that'll be a reality someday as Jocko and I want to go on a Tasmanian Adventure. I promise not to whack you with a hammer...

...more than once...

That would be cool! I keep a sledge hammer near my door for strange visitors. I promise to not strike first if you turn up. :-P

I like everything but that Cafe Corner knockoff (knock it off!) >:-) Actually, I think it would serve well as a wild west hotel with some modification. Might be a way to save it.

I haven't given up on it yet. My original idea was to make a Lego shop.

It's amazing to look at the corner of the layout in that first shot where the new Creator house sits next to the old 80's (?) yellow house and realise just how the LEGO view of a house has changed through the years. As much as I like the big one, I miss the simplicity of the old type.

I love that little house. Mine is not quite complete unfortuantly. I too semi want a return to the old days as I could then make a more compact layout. But ultimately you can still make things the old way if you choose.

Hey... I don't see a single walrus in there. :-( I stand corrected, there he is welcoming Hinckley and Jocko to town, very nice indeed!

I though I would be subtle! Here's a better shot of where they live at the moment. Jocko bought some new pants as his old ones were too cold! :-D

dsc01452es.jpg

I hope the dinosaur eats me! *sweet*

Sorry, I plan to protect you with my trusty bucket. What would EB be without you? :'-(

and here you had me thinking your collection was small sinner. I would love a collection that size.

Well I have said before I have 50,000 pieces. :-P

Awesome collection! I wish my room was cluttered with Lego... :-P

Well I have said before I have 50,000 pieces. :-P

that surprises me because i wouldve thought i had more than that, but my collection seems smaller.