Sign in to follow this  
Southwest Chief

What sets came with these pieces?

Ahh, the joy of living in England. All I ever knew was shooting cannon, and that "I'm not allowed to fire the cannon anymore as I almost hit the vase/will loose the cannonballs/hit the cat/dad will step on the cannonballs etc"

Personally, I find it very, odd, that America, home of violent movies, games, TV and locals would ban a simple toy firing a brick a few feet. The last cannon I got was in a Western set and it was still firing.

It may have been Health and Safety. In some little town two days after the first firing cannon was released in the USA, Billy shot his best friend in the eye with a cannon, and suddenly the word was out: Lego could kill.

England, taking Darwin's rule of Survival of the Fittest, swore madly at America and went back to giggling at the boats. (As if this blooming country doesn't have enough already. I stand to inherit three myself!)

As for the hollow head stuff, I have no comment. I noticed a difference, but forgot about it. After all, it was only a toy. :-P

Hello!

I lived to see some Lego Cannon Barrels bearing elaborate Decorum on them, and as I never saw them myself as a Part of any official Lego-Set during my "Dark ages" I am eager to inquire for the Scource of those Cannon Barrels.

the yours,

Captain Harlowe

We have a couple threads on this now. this one being the most recent. From what I understand, the crossed cannon design is a characteristic of a non-shooting cannon sold in the United States while the cannons that lack the design are shooting cannons sold in Europe.

UH....okay.......

:-|| Typically: The whole Nation is running arround armoured and gunned like Hell, every few Weeks some Idiots run Amok in Schools/Universities, but changing Laws concerning Firearms...nope....but Toy Cannons are banned.... *sigh*

Nothing against Americans as a whole...I know some and a few Friends of mine spent a Year there, nice and warm People, but.....The Government and Authorities are ...stupid

We have a couple threads on this now. this one being the most recent. From what I understand, the crossed cannon design is a characteristic of a non-shooting cannon sold in the United States while the cannons that lack the design are shooting cannons sold in Europe.

Thanx for finding that thread Double O! *y*

Hey Captain, i'd check out the thread that Double O Seven mentioned, it should answer your questions X-D (with a little reading 8-| )

but Toy Cannons are banned.... *sigh*

M*#@bl*k$ make shooting cannons still, so they're not "banned" ;-)

Nothing against Americans as a whole...I know some and a few Friends of mine spent a Year there, nice and warm People, but.....The Government and Authorities are ...stupid

I agree, i think my government is really screwed up :S

P

Edited by phred

Goodmorning!

I've been putting together my old sets and seemed to have run into a cannon shortage. I seem to have too many cannons with Imperial Markings. To the best of my memory, the first time these cannons appeared was 1992 with the Imperial Flagship and Trading Post sets. Does anyone know if this is correct or were any of those cannons inclulded in Lagoon Lock-Up or possibly Sabre Island?

I've also purchased a few later sets on Ebay and Bricklink, Treasure Island and 6296 Shipwreck Island, and received the Imperial Cannons with Pirate Sets which I wouldn't expect to have them but maybe they did?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rummy

This has been discussed in the What sets came with these pieces? thread. 'Threads merged'

Also, it does matter when these sets were bought and what year.

If they're US sets, the only time shooting cannon sets have been available in the US is the first year System pirates was released.

This is according This Post in the thread i mentioned.

P

Edited by phred

Thanks for the link, I've been searching for message boards or articles on the topic.

I wasn't too concerned for the shooting cannons, I remember when those were 'Outlawed'!