Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Jocko's pond

My partner, new member Jocko dug us a pond and waterfall...by himself...with a shovel. I helped one night, by mixing three pallettes of cements. Here is the result of three additional years of work that Jocko has put into our landscaping:

pond001.jpg

Overall shot, there are branches down everywhere from the storms that knocked out our power for 52 hours...

pond002.jpg

It starts at the top outside our front door

pond003.jpg

The water flows out from here...

pond004.jpg

and here...

pond005.jpg

and down a little...

pond006.jpg

to meet here...

pond007.jpg

flow past our big oak tree...

pond008.jpg

down a little hill...

pond009.jpg

and over a waterfall!

pond010.jpg

another shot of the waterfall

pond011.jpg

and another shot of the waterfall

pond012.jpg

then the water flows further down the yard...

pond013.jpg

pond014.jpg

Riley hunts for frogs...

pond015.jpg

and into the pond? (do you see a frog?)

pond016.jpg

the pond

pond017.jpg

do you see all 4 frogs?

pond018.jpg

goldfish!

pond019.jpg

Jocko has lined the water's path with lighting

pond020.jpg

good night!

and that's Jocko's pond. He has put a lot of work into it. It's his LEGO... :-$

Right as I was about to ask for more images, they magically started appearing! It's like having some kind of remote psychic telepathy mind control thing going *wacko*

That looks like an incredible about of work, combined with the whole sunlight thing ... *shudders*

I really like the waterfall, it has a 'controlled chaos' look. It's almost like an extension of the natural surroundings. I can't decide if looking at the project makes me tired thinking of all the work or relaxed from the serene calm it represents so well.

Ok, bottom line: I'm lazy, that's way too much work for me, but it's absolutely lovely. *y*

Oh, and Jocko, welcome to the madhouse that is Eurobricks, that's one heck of a first MOC to show off ;-)

Impressive... most impressive!

This really looks like a dream comming true.

If I had a house I really would like something like this.

Really looking forward to see it in reallity some day...

Nice work Jocko!

-Ras-

You guys seem to live in a little paradise.

A lot of time and devotion must have gone into that garden.

It's amazingly beautiful.

Wow, awsome work. What aminals do you keep there? Exept frogs and goldfish?

Frog hunt On!

Yoda is first in lime me guess... Ye french stereotypes... X-D

Edited by Stauder@55

Wow! *wub* That is really good! I wanted to make something that big, epecially the stream part, I even had delusions about having a bridge :-$ but ultimately the back yard was too small and flat. :'-( (One of the many reasons why we sold the house.) Here is a picture for laugh value!

post-1554-1188287687_thumb.jpg

Jocko 1 - Sinner 0

We had a few frogs in ours too, but being Queensland it soon became a hangout place for Cane Toads. :-X The funniest part is that we set up a little golf course in our backyard and that was the water trap! :-P (You can see a ball to the left.) Thanks very much for posting these great photos and giving me an inferiority complex. I'll have to show this to my wife....

A very lovely work indeed! *wub*

Hmm, perhaps you should go into the Pirate theme, Jocko, with that decent scenery.... *y*

Thats a really nice pond Hinckley and well done to Jocko, my family would get a pond but we dont have a garden just yard!

I bet that was a really nice place to sale your little boat... well until Sinner took it! heartless walrus! :-D

Really amazing and beautiful work! I can hardly imagine how much time, (and patience!) it must have taken to make such a lovely piece of work! *wub*

That is the best pond I have ever seen *wub* . I really like how it travels down down, vertically down, and into another pond. It's all very scenic and beautiful. Jocko did an excellent job on this three-year project.

Btw, your land and the bit of house I can see is also lovely :-) .

Everything said already *wub*!

LLCA31-1.jpg On

copmike

cool frog CM! Your creation?

BTW, your sig still says Sinner and I are bullying you and your avatar is clearly you bullying me stealing my ice cube tray! >:-(

EDIT: :-$ Never mind. It appears to be different now. Your avatar is a revolving door! :-D Your sig is still wrong though!

EDIT 2: Nowadays, it's hard for me to tell if it's me you or Sinner talking. I read one of your posts and say "I didn't write that" :-D :-D :-D

So hinckley, how long is that stream? And what a beautiful pond! And you have frogs. how dare you. >:-( :-P

I'm going to have to post some pictures of our pond once Maj is up... But I'll give you a hint: FIVE waterfalls! It's not as big as yours, and probably not as nice since we have a LOT of pine needles... So, the rest of our yard isn't as nice as yours. We never put down grass, so it's the local flora for us.

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

I just have to echo what everyone else has said... this is absolutely beautiful. *wub* Very amazing work, Jocko.

That's absolutly stunning!

Really beautiful!

I have no words for this beautiful pond..

Would be nice to see in LEGO! X-D

Mr Tiber

Edited by Mr Tiber

Would be nice to see in LEGO! X-D
That could be a great idea to lure (se hinckley, I

Wow! *wub* That is really good! I wanted to make something that big, epecially the stream part, I even had delusions about having a bridge :-$ but ultimately the back yard was too small and flat. :'-( (One of the many reasons why we sold the house.) Here is a picture for laugh value!

Jocko 1 - Sinner 0

We had a few frogs in ours too, but being Queensland it soon became a hangout place for Cane Toads. :-X The funniest part is that we set up a little golf course in our backyard and that was the water trap! :-P (You can see a ball to the left.) Thanks very much for posting these great photos and giving me an inferiority complex. I'll have to show this to my wife....

Great pond Sinner! I love the golf course idea. I'm obsessed with grass. I want it green, but then I curse it when it grows too fast and all I do is mow it. ok, i'm weird.

So what sins have you committed?

Was vodka involved?

cheers,

jocko

Great pond Sinner! I love the golf course idea. I'm obsessed with grass. I want it green, but then I curse it when it grows too fast and all I do is mow it. ok, i'm weird.

Was vodka involved?

cheers,

jocko

He was a very noughty walrus... He posted it wome where.. Lemme find it...

EDIT - Cant find it... :-| Anyway it was something bout saluting a officer in the wrong way when he was in da navy (Or he still is? I dunno...) as far as I rememeber... And his officer called him sinner, and the nickname stuck...

Edited by Stauder@55

Was vodka involved?

Unfortunatly no, the story isn't that exciting. :'-( Early in Recruit School for the Royal Australia Navy I stuffed up and saluted the OIC (Officer In Charge, i.e. The Boss) with my left hand. (For non military types this is wrong.) He shouted at me, "You Sinner!" before going off on some silly tirade about the history of saluting. This would have all been annoying as it was, but to make it worse the whole of Recruit School was there in formation. (About 500 people.) Thus I was/am called Sinner and I tend to use it more often than not as a screen name.

He was a very noughty walrus... He posted it wome where.. Lemme find it...

EDIT - Cant find it... :-| Anyway it was something bout saluting a officer in the wrong way when he was in da navy (Or he still is? I dunno...) as far as I rememeber... And his officer called him sinner, and the nickname stuck...

One, it was in my "Hi my name is" topic, and two, I am not in the navy anymore.