Did anyone mention the Marijuana plant from the 10220 Camper Van..?

You mean the carrot top? How do you know it's supposed to be Marijuana? It doesn't really look like it, but it would make sense. :laugh:

A much cooler easter egg in that set is the "Make Lego models, not war" tile, which is a neat play on the old hippie slogan "Make love, not war".

87079pb046.jpg?1

I din't see this posted anywhere, but on the tail of the Spy Jet the number A113. I believe this may have been in the movie, but fun nonetheless.

I din't see this posted anywhere, but on the tail of the Spy Jet the number A113. I believe this may have been in the movie, but fun nonetheless.

It was. That number, along with a few other things, are in every Pixar movie.

Sort of a heavy handed Easter egg, but Agents set 8633 actually has "sharks with laser beams". Dr. Evil would be so proud.

In the Agents theme, a few of the sets have stickers labeled with the brand "Stafford Engines", a reference to set designer Mark Stafford. Later this brand got re-used on the racing uniform of the Minifigures Series 3 Race Car Driver.

An obscure BIONICLE one: in 2002 and 2003 there were collectible rubber masks/brains called Krana. The back of each Krana featured a three-letter code written in BIONICLE's Matoran alphabet. The codes were never used for anything as far as I know, but the first letter of all eight provides the letters needed to spell "BIONICLE". Not sure if that one counts since it's not a cross-theme thing, but I'd say it's more than obscure enough to be considered an easter egg.

Similarly to the "NNENN" on the Alien Defense HQ's "Vic Viper" model (underneath an image of an actual viper), "NABII" is printed on two of the stickers of 7067 Jet-Copter Encounter. Nabii, a.k.a. Mark Stafford, designed the set.

In non-set-related Easter Eggs, the Space Police district headquarters in the Space Police III web animations include display cases showing Space Police I and Space Police II uniforms. Inside the same headquarters is a printed tile depicting an issue of Brickjournal! In another video, a billboard is seen reading "Enjoy M:COLA: The Magnetic Beverage", with a logo that references M:Tron.

"The Adventures of Clutch Powers" is loaded with them. There's a kind of heavy-handed one where the scientist who provides vehicles and other technology for Clutch's team is named "Artie Fol". His name badge simply reads "A. FOL". Clutch Powers himself has a LEGO reference in his name, since "clutch power" is how TLG describes the connectivity between LEGO bricks, and one of the features they consider emblematic of the superiority of LEGO bricks over those of competitors (which may be too loose or too tight). The lead female character is named Peg Mooring, which I believe may be a LEGO Technic reference? Obvious visual references include this statue resembling the famous sculpture "The Thinker" and the ancient monument LEGOhenge (which is mentioned by name).

The LEGO Atlantis TV special didn't have too many easter eggs that jumped out at me, but there was the newspaper "The AFOL Times" shown towards the end.

The BIONICLE movies had a lot of easter eggs written in the Matoran alphabet, but in most cases there was no intended meaning (words like Technic and LEGO would sometimes show up, but the context tended to just be some place where they wanted to add detail with some writing).

The Hero Factory online game "Mission: Savage Planet" has one moment where a character tells you a password to access something. The password is "SLIZERS".

On the Hero Factory site from 2010, the Customer Testimonials page had one obscure reference. One of the robot customers listed is named Cristal Matrix. This is a reference to Crystal Matrix, the username of the founder of the BIONICLE wiki BIONICLEsector01.

They're no longer on LEGO.com, but in 2011 the Ninjago Weapons Dictionary had a weapon called the Nick Dagger, which is described as "rocking" and having "super-star stabbing and staying in power". It's an obvious reference to Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger. More from the 2011 weapons dictionary here.

In the LEGO Ninjago TV series, an in-universe video game mentioned once and seen occasionally on billboards and other advertisements is Sitar Legend, an obvious reference to the real-life video game Guitar Hero.

LEGO Battles is already a multi-theme crossover, but one of the cutscenes for the "Space" campaigns features a skeletal astronaut wearing a Blacktron II uniform.

That's all I've got for right now, but I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

Edited by Aanchir

<snip>

That's all I've got for right now, but I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

*huh* That's a lot of Easter Eggs. I noticed the ones in Clutch Powers, but none of the others!

Edited by Rick
No need to quote them all though ;)

Has anyone noticed the shout-out to Technic MOCer Paul Boratko (Crowkillers) in the license plate of 9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck?

9395_alt4.jpg

License plate reads PB 9187, PB being Paul's initials.

This is because in the 8081 Extreme Cruiser, Paul complained about the Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joints being Light Bluish Grey http://www.bricklink.com/PL/44.gif?0(above the windshield), which broke the color scheme. He wanted the return of the joints in black (which are very rare). In 9395, LEGO granted his wish.

Has anyone noticed the shout-out to Technic MOCer Paul Boratko (Crowkillers) in the license plate of 9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck?

License plate reads PB 9187, PB being Paul's initials.

This is because in the 8081 Extreme Cruiser, Paul complained about the Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joints being Light Bluish Grey http://www.bricklink.com/PL/44.gif?0(above the windshield), which broke the color scheme. He wanted the return of the joints in black (which are very rare). In 9395, LEGO granted his wish.

Had that ever been confirmed? I know Paul was very vocal about the 8081 Toggle Joints being in gray on the all black 8081 set and those certainly are not Alfred Pedersen's(The designer)initials. and I remember when the stickerless prelim pics of the 9395 came out Paul was overly excited. I think because he needed them for his upcoming car(s). I do remember a few other people saying that it was an inside joke. What a way to become immortalized in a set, by complaining. :laugh: Maybe next he can complain about the 19Length Flexible axles in Black making a return. :grin:

Edited by Meatman

Hey guys,

I was just building my Nindroid MechDragon and found an awesome Exo-Force Easter egg, which I posted earlier. Has anyone found any other Easter eggs in ANY LEGO set? Feel free to share!

An obscure BIONICLE one: in 2002 and 2003 there were collectible rubber masks/brains called Krana. The back of each Krana featured a three-letter code written in BIONICLE's Matoran alphabet. The codes were never used for anything as far as I know, but the first letter of all eight provides the letters needed to spell "BIONICLE". Not sure if that one counts since it's not a cross-theme thing, but I'd say it's more than obscure enough to be considered an easter egg.

I think it had some thing to do with a small CD, that came with some sets that unlock some thing on the CD. If I recall correctly it was some pictures on the CD.