ZCerberus

The Phantom

Gotta love your ship *y* I like everything, the figures the shape, the rigging... Really great job *y*

Wow. I hadn't noticed this one before now.. I am simply speechless.. :-)

Thanks Timento and Quarryman!

As both relatively new Eurobricks members, I would like to welcome you to the Pirate Forum!

Continuing with my "Classes" Series, here are my good guy Heroes...

Starting from the left: Jack Fitzplastick, Captain of the Marines-- Admiral Benjamin Burress, Admiral of the fleet and Captain of the Phantom-- Captain Gregory Certich, Captain of the Sienna.

Heroes1.jpg

Heroes2.jpg

The Evil La Tortuga Oscura

Tortuga2.jpg

Tortuga1.jpg

And a Clash between Good and Evil!

BurressvTurtle1.jpg

BurressvTurtle2.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus

Well I get all the accessories from Bricklink now-a-days. The black stuff is a little more pricey than the brown, and it is in fairly short supply. The back guns were used in Ninja sets back in the day, so if you can find some ninja sets for a good price, you might be able to get a few in there as well!!

Simply incredible ship. Bravo!! I am especially impressed with the rigging *y* and the great amount of detail. Btw, I really like the pirate's belt-simple but very effective.

Since we are unaware of how long the whole B.S. photo thing will take (take that anyway you want!), I though I would just post some refresher images of the Phantom here... sigh...

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

aaaPhantom2.jpg

aaPhantom1.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Hey Z,

What else, besides sails, does this ship need before it's complete?

P

Hey Z,

What else, besides sails, does this ship need before it's complete?

Hours and hours of tying off the little pieces of yarn for the rigging... interior of captain's cabin and some more fixtures of sorts on the lower deck... But that will have to wait for about another week before I can start that again!

Z, this ship is soo incredible. For how much would you sell it?

Serious, I even can't start to list why it is incredible.

Everything about it is better than what I've seen before.

Keep those progress pictures coming!

I just did a quick count and I counted 68 guns!

Am I even close?

Mr Tiber

Well...

16 per side on the lower deck = 32

13 per side on the main deck = 26

2 per side on the quarter deck = 4

3 per side on the forecastle = 6

4 chasers... two by the rudder, 2 on the quarter deck = 4.

Total is 72. You were close... maybe you missed the chaser!

Well...

16 per side on the lower deck = 32

13 per side on the main deck = 26

2 per side on the quarter deck = 4

3 per side on the forecastle = 6

4 chasers... two by the rudder, 2 on the quarter deck = 4.

Total is 72. You were close... maybe you missed the chaser!

72 cannons! Wow... Well, I think I missed the guns on the forecastle.

This ship really is the most beautiful LEGO Pirate ship I've ever seen..

I am still working on the Phantom. It is close to done, only really needing some sails and some interior work on the Captain's cabin.

At any rate, I have a few little updated pictures. I added a second jib and a sail on the mizzen as well as getting some more of the rigging done.

img_2399.jpg

img_2424.jpg

img_2410.jpg

A look at the fore detailing, including the Charlie Noble!

img_2412.jpg

A look at the stern and the marines as well as the curved staircase in the back.

img_2415.jpg

The look out in the crow's nest of the foremast

img_2421.jpg

Looking forward to its completion *y*

How'd you make that spyglass?

Did you use a lightsaber handle?

You plan on showing off you MOC at any Lego Conventions next summer? :)

P

The Charlie Noble is the shiny stove pipe.

The spy glass is made from the light saber handle and some taller round piece. I think it is around 6 plates (two times taller than a brick) tall.

Is there a Lego convention in the Midwest that you know about Phred?

Still needs sails, some more rigging and some details for the captain's cabin. But I am working on this ship as well as rebuilding three, and working on two new ones. The remodels and one of the ships will be rather minor, but I will post some progress here when I have made some progress!

There aren't any left yet this summer that I know of. However there was one last June and it will be held again next year.

It's called BrickWorld and is in a suburb of Chicago. This doesn't appear to be to far from Minnesota to be out of the question. It would be a great place to show off that MOC among other AFOLs and the public. They appeared to have a great public attendance on the public show days. I only visited last year, but probably 90% of IndyLUG (the LUG I belong to) displayed there as well as many other members of LUG's and LTC's and independants. In fact the guy who organized Brickworld recently moved to just north of Indianapolis and has joined our LUG.

As well there were vendors on hand, like BrickForge and BrickArms selling custom equipments. The guys that have done Brickfest and participated in this event say it was very similar to that event.

Also when I participated in this year's National Train Show with the other ILTCO member clubs, some of the guys who normally do that show were talking about participating in Brickworld because next years NTS is in California.

Anywya I know I am going next year as an exhibitor, as well as taking Bellerophon and Constitution (and my space, train, and castle stuff too)

I'm sure I can find out any current details on next year's show, if anyone is interested in the dates. Last year there was a participation fee of something like $60, so that's a consideration, but the venue they've reserved is worth it IMO. It's a beautiful hotel and convention hall.

Here's a decent gallery of the general fare featured last year: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=263027 or just search "Brickworld" on BrickShelf.

Edited by Paladin

This was the convention i was thinking:

There aren't any left yet this summer that I know of. However there was one last June and it will be held again next year.

It's called BrickWorld and is in a suburb of Chicago. This doesn't appear to be to far from Minnesota to be out of the question. It would be a great place to show off that MOC among other AFOLs and the public. They appeared to have a great public attendance on the public show days. I only visited last year, but probably 90% of IndyLUG (the LUG I belong to) displayed there as well as many other members of LUG's and LTC's and independants. In fact the guy who organized Brickworld recently moved to just north of Indianapolis and has joined our LUG.

Anywya I know I am going next year as an exhibitor, as well as taking Bellerophon and Constitution (and my space, train, and castle stuff too)

I'm sure I can find out any current details on next year's show, if anyone is interested in the dates. Last year there was a participation fee of something like $60, so that's a consideration, but the venue they've reserved is worth it IMO. It's a beautiful hotel and convention hall.

Here's a decent gallery of the general fare featured last year: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=263027 or just search "Brickworld" on BrickShelf.

paladin,

you've got a constitution as well as the bellerophon?

has their been a thread about your constitution?

P

I meant what piece the the Charlie Noble is made out of :-$

Well the base is made out of the same part as the spy glass... it is chrome silver and about twice as tall as a regular round 1x1 stud. The top is a curved chrome piece, probably found on some trucks/car sets.

As well there were vendors on hand, like BrickForge and BrickArms selling custom equipments. The guys that have done Brickfest and participated in this event say it was very similar to that event.

Sounds cool. It is a bit too far away to make any commitments, plus at my current rate, who knows if the ship will even be done! j/k. I might have to think about it!!