Sign in to follow this  
natelite

Lego Simpsons, yes or no?

I would start boycotting lego if they made simpsons lego.

Hey, why not simply buying them, painting them flesh and returning them to the customer service?

At least that

If they start making crap in homage to that crappy show...I'm seriously going to boycott them. I DETEST the simpsons. I quite simply detest them.

I would start boycotting lego if they made simpsons lego.

G what a mature statment !! I'm really impressed here *y*

First of all the term "detest" is very strong and not very constructive and you don't even take the time to explain why !! This can be perceived as an insult to all the Simpsons lovers like myself. How about saying something like "I really don't like it because..."

Yeay boycot a brand you like for that "non issue" is the perfect example of immaturity !! I am far from beeing a fan of Dora or Bionicle but do you see me having idiotic posts like yours ? NO thats for sure !! Lets not forget that the term of boycot has a really strong meaning and is not suppose to be used lightly !! Boycoting a brand for such non issue is totally retarded !! Boycot a brand if they use child labour, do not respect some ethical values and morals or such important issues but NOT because it produces a line you dislike :-|

*yoda*

No.

Sorry, but Simpsons is not exactly kid oriented. Especially the movie. Now, I haven't watched it, of course (I despise simpsons, sorry), but I do know about some of the questionable things in it (skateboard scene, anybody?). Eh, that wouldn't be good in lego, even if we would get a lot of town oriented things.

BTW, that image Asuka posted kinda proves my point. Would parents want their kids to be buying kits promoting things like that? I don't think so. *wacko*

Oh, and I think everyone who is saying yes to this is a lot older than the target age TLC makes kits for. I think this topic is more of a "dream theme" topic that actual reality. ;-)

no! i think lego should stop cartoons and throw out the spongebob molds, and we dont need another dumb theme

jifel

Edited by jifel

If they start making crap in homage to that crappy show...I'm seriously going to boycott them. I DETEST the simpsons. I quite simply detest them.

Hmmmm I didn't think that was possible, to detest a cartoon show that is funny to hell yet teaches moral values at the same time. what more do you want in a show? *sad*

simpsons theme Would be amazing! better than spongebob anyway, but I suppose they are alright anyway. I liked to think of Lego creating a simpsons theme when I was younger and with the film, this is the perfect time!

a kwik-e-mart would be absolutly amazing and an apu!!!!! he is my favorite outside of the simpsons family!

(sung to "dont fence me in") sir you can not pee unless you are an employee............ (someone finish that off for me ;-) )

oh and dont forget a spiderpig! ! ! !

Edited by casewindu

G here is yet another perfect oriented post to show you guys why we implemented that 18 years old registering policy

Ohhh you see for like 2 seconds a penis cartoon really small !! Ohhhh it should have been rated R G if that offends you, stop watching news and nearly all kind of movies, art, books and what have you !! Just paint your room blue or pink and watch only movies intended for babies !! No violence nor anything else !!

Not kid oriented, it teaches you plenty, for example how to make a compliment to your wife or some woman:

Who's flaming who? You act like it's not okay to say that making simpsons lego is a bad idea or something. And seriouisly, violence has nothing to do with nudity. Just because I'm offended at nudity in movies doesn't mean I'm a baby or something. :-|

Your comment was completely out of line yoda. And look at that, one second your thanking me for updating the Exo-force index, and as soon as I say I hate your favorite show: boom, I'm a baby and shouldn't be on this forum at all. I don't see how you consider my post to be dumb and your rant on my distase for simpsons to be adult like.

How can you call my post flaming anyway? It's not like I said "Ugh, SImpsons is **** and anyone who watches it is terrible and should die." I simply expressed my opinion calmly - while you flamed me.

Edited by Grevious

First off I don't consider that flaming, if not you would have seen the difference ;-) Trust me on that one !! I also never said your post was dumb !!

Nudity and sex jokes is a part of life, so if you can't stand it, tough luck buddy !! OK, you can't stand nudity, but I never saw you saying the same about the Spongebob theme !!

Be reasonable here for a sec, you can really dislike or even hate all what I love, I really don't mind at all !!

I am kind of beeing fed up with negativeness as a whole !!

Sure you don't want a Simpson theme, fine with me, but you could say that even if that theme is wrong because you see in the movie Bart's penis and occasionnally in the show some megablocks, ythat it may contain some quality sets and parts !!

Nothing is really negative you know, there is some postive things everywhere, its just a question of perspective ;-)

Each time there is a discussion about anything, its ranting rampage !! That really aggravates me !! Lets not forget that we are discussing a kid's toy !!

*yoda*

okay, bart isn't exactly the poster child for good behavior but i doubt anyone would start blaming simpsons for their kids bad behavior. ( i hope i haven't started a class action suit against matt groening! :-P)

i guess while it's a popular theme it a controversial one. perhaps they can do a study on how the public (at least those who buy lego) will perceive the license?

with that said, there are lots of bags, pencils, and other merchandise made of that show and they still sell well. no massive boycotts all over the world, no angry mobs with torches and pick forks either. just something to consider ;-)

First off I don't consider that flaming, if not you would have seen the difference Trust me on that one !! I also never said your post was dumb

Oh, well I guess I was wrong about that. :-$

Sure you don't want a Simpson theme, fine with me, but you could say that even if that theme is wrong because you see in the movie Bart's penis and occasionnally in the show some megablocks, ythat it may contain some quality sets and parts

It's not just that. I take personal offense at the simpsons because its what you call "sachriligous (sp?)." Since I'm a Christian, I dislike how the Simpsons makes fun of serous issues in my faith. Some people might disagree, but that's my opinion.

Nothing is really negative you know, there is some postive things everywhere, its just a question of perspective

I dissagree, for the reason above. But, I really don't want to discuss this. I know your an athiest, so I can't really agree with you. Let's just not get into an agument... I already got into one some time ago in the Non-System forum. :-/

Nudity and sex jokes is a part of life, so if you can't stand it, tough luck buddy !!

I can stand it, but I don't enjoy watching any movies or TV that has it. If I hear it in the real life, nothing I can do, but I don't have to enjoy it.

Lets not forget that we are discussing a kid's toy !!

That's exactly the problem! I mean, how many 8-10 year olds even watch the Simpsons? It wouldn't just be a contriversal move on TLC's "family oriented toy," it would just be bad buisness, as only adults and maybe some teens would buy, neither which are the main market. :-/

but I never saw you saying the same about the Spongebob theme !!

To tell you the truth, I don't know much about Spongebob, but from what I can tell, it's mild compared to the Simpsons. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is aimed at kids, while the Simpsons is not.

Oh, and I think everyone who is saying yes to this is a lot older than the target age TLC makes kits for. I think this topic is more of a "dream theme" topic that actual reality. ;-)

Of course it is! :-P

No chance that TLC

|-/ Some of you people are taking this too seriously. It's a funny show, full of jokes. Family Guy has worse cracks on christianity etc. It's still hilarious. You just have to learn to take a joke.

This would provide us with lots of new torsos too. And vehicles. Simpsons ftw! :-D

Edited by iamded

It's not just that. I take personal offense at the simpsons because its what you call "sachriligous (sp?)." Since I'm a Christian, I dislike how the Simpsons makes fun of serous issues in my faith. Some people might disagree, but that's my opinion.

Let's think about this statement for a minute. The Simpsons is a show that depicts a suburban, middle-class family. The dad works a blue collar job, and the mom is a stay-at-home mom. They are shown eating dinner tonight every night as a family. They are shown going to church every Sunday. The parents are involved in the children's lives. Heck, the daughter Lisa is an honor-roll student!

Wow. Pretty subversive stuff, huh?

In all honesty ... have you ever actually watched the show? I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, as long as they're informed opinions.

Let's think about this statement for a minute. The Simpsons is a show that depicts a suburban, middle-class family. The dad works a blue collar job, and the mom is a stay-at-home mom. They are shown eating dinner tonight every night as a family. They are shown going to church every Sunday. The parents are involved in the children's lives. Heck, the daughter Lisa is an honor-roll student!

Wow. Pretty subversive stuff, huh?

In all honesty ... have you ever actually watched the show? I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, as long as they're informed opinions.

Amen joebot! Your speech put tears in my eyes. :'-)

Amen joebot! Your speech put tears in my eyes. :'-)

Thanks, dude.

You know, whole books have been written on The Simpsons and religion. Seriously, check out "The Gospel According to The Simpsons: The Spiritual Life of the World's Most Animated Family."

From the Publisher's Weekly review of the book: "...many viewers have seen a fundamental affirmation of spirituality, family and community life that emerges in spite of the sarcasm and exaggerated situations."

Bingo.

But sadly, to actually WATCH the show and to become an educated, informed consumer is too much effort for most people. It's so much easier to bash stuff that you don't know anything about.

You got me there. In all honesty, no, I have never watched the Simpsons, but I have read things about it written by other Christians who take offense. I've believed them for a while, and until I'm an adult, I will only have that info to go on (Simpsons is a nono in my home).

But, I have seen bits and clips, and some of it seems really funny. To tell you the truth, Spider Pig is one of my favorite songs now, and I love the new Simpsons themed Burger King commercial. So, one day when I get a chance, I may watch a few episodes to see how it is.

Still, you got to admit that the movie went a lot farther into suggestive humor than the tv show, from what I've heard. Did the mother really have to say "g-dd--m" just for the sake of saying it since the movie was PG-13 and they could get away with it? And why couldn't they have kept Bart at least frontally covered in that scene? If they had kept the mild level of humor that the show aparrently has, it might have been a lot better in getting new fans. Still, I guess you can just skip the movie. :-)

But anyway, the point I was trying to make in my first post in this topic was that Simpsons is not just a kind of odd move for TLC, it's a bad one. Lots of fees for the liscence, and very few kids will be buying it, since the Simpsons is not exactly a show many 6-8 year olds watch. Okay, so the sets would be fun for older fans, but would it really be worth it if it sucked up profits from TLC? :-/

Hah! I must say those are some really good customs! They even got homer's potbelly.... X-D

You got me there. In all honesty, no, I have never watched the Simpsons, but I have read things about it written by other Christians who take offense. I've believed them for a while, and until I'm an adult, I will only have that info to go on (Simpsons is a nono in my home).

But, I have seen bits and clips, and some of it seems really funny. To tell you the truth, Spider Pig is one of my favorite songs now, and I love the new Simpsons themed Burger King commercial. So, one day when I get a chance, I may watch a few episodes to see how it is.

That's totally cool, and I certainly appreciate your honesty. If your parents have a no-Simpsons rule, then what are you gonna do? I hope you do check out the show sometime when you're older. Back in it's prime, it was the funniest, smartest show on TV.

To get this back to Lego (which was the original point of the thread!) ... I totally agree that it'll never happen. As I mentioned earlier up the thread, the Simpsons high point for creativity and popularity was ten years ago. Back then, it might have been a possibility, but that was before Lego started grabbing up licenses left and right. Now, I think the Simpsons fanbase has gotten too old.