just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Mega Bloks had the licence for the 2003 series and the other day I fished out the MB figures and compared them to the Lego minifigures and there is no comparison Lego is Shells ahead

Edited by Steph 104th

What are they doing to Splinter! Really hate those designs, unless the movies amazing or the lair fits in with the cartoon lair.

Its a shame we can't get a cityfall set- that would be amazing.

Is it just me, or does equipping the Foot soldiers with shotguns just seem a tad.. I dunno... Un ninja'ish?

What are they doing to Splinter! Really hate those designs, unless the movies amazing or the lair fits in with the cartoon lair.

Its a shame we can't get a cityfall set- that would be amazing.

The lair looks to be the most versatile set of the bunch. Pretty generic underground secret lair type place. You could probably even make it work as the Batcave if you wanted?

And yeah splinter looks kinda awful. Did Chima suddenly come out with a Rabid Gerbil tribe that they borrowed a mold from?

Edited by Faefrost

Whoa! Nice find! Here's a pic to save people time. That .pdf takes a long time to load...

-Sci

Crap, those turtles have got to be the ugliest minifigures I have ever seen, and I haven't even seen them close up! The set designs are okay, though. I think I'll pass on these.

From what we've seen so far, I don't think that the movie Turtles look bad in minifigure form, though I do find it strange that they're all olive green other than Raphael. Splinter looks strange from the picture we have of him so far, but I'll reserve full judgement until we get a trailer for the film or until we get a better image of this minifigure. April looks fine from what I can see. As for Karai, I can't tell about her but I do hope that she turns out well. As for Shredder, if that picture of his movie design is anything to go by, we will have a very epic minfigure on our hands. I can't wait for these sets or for the film itself (even though us in the UK have to wait until October for the latter).

Not too keen on those sets, as it stands. I'll have to wait for more detailed pictures. I'll more than likely pick up April and the Will Arnett figure, and pass on the rest. Shredder is a maybe. The foot soldiers look like more militarized soldiers, as opposed to ninjas. Maybe that's what they are going for?

The lair could be decent. They must have had a few extra Lone Ranger Mine sets sitting around to use up those dark brown slides :tongue: ..

The one thing I LOVE about the current series is that it brings back things from the original comics in small quantities which is a nice touch.

I don't think the movie will follow these principles. :sceptic:

In my opinion that turtle van looks a lot more promising than the last one we got. I can't wait to pick that up. :grin:

Congrats on the find, Ultron! That's a great polybag! That version of Mikey only comes in the Shellraiser set, which I never got around to getting.

Deeplink of the polybag Ultron found, for those who can't see it:

12980114213_3e3d56725b.jpg

Edited by just2good

Congrats on the find, Ultron! That's a great polybag! That version of Mikey only comes in the Shellraiser set, which I never got around to getting.

That (and the fact that I didn't recall ever seeing it before) was the main reason I got it actually, as I don't really like the face from the Kraang lab set.

So those aren't burns on Shredders face? It's some sort of horrible creeping skin condition? I think Lego Shredder really needs to find a good Lego dermatologist and some topical ointment.