Dread Pirate Wesley

The 64-gun Ship of the Line Persephone

That is definitely the most amazing, colossal MOC ship I have ever seen. Everything is perfect. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Just awesome!!! pirate_blush.gif

It is easy to see how much time, effort and research went into this build. It's really fantastic and full of fine details that make this all the more amazing. Well done! From the pictures posted I can't see if there is an interior to this ship - if there is I'd love to see it!

Small nitpicks I have are the relatively crude stern details which looks unfinished and the sails which are a little too white and too straight :blush:

I am working on some tattered and worn "battle sails" at the moment for some upcoming battle scenes. For now, just imagine her as just having set her courses for the first time leaving spithead.

She looks great! could we see were the midshipmen dine and the ship's boats?

And could I get permission to use some of your ideas in one of my future builds?

You can see more of the ships boats in post #16 of this thread as long as some other fantastic ideas from other members. And of course feel free to use any of my ideas in future builds, if I didn't want that then I would have kept her to myself!

If you would be interested in having small LEDs inside each of those guns that fired in random succession, please contact me. I'd love to help.

That would be an interesting idea. I'm working on some interior lighting at the moment, perhaps once that's done I will have a look at the cannons!

Is she a Alden-Class Ship of the Line like The HMS Indefatigable was before she was cut down to a 40-gunned Frigate?

No, she is an Ardent class third rate ship. Same class as Agamemnon on whoms lines she is based. But I believe that is what you were referring too since, if I'm not mistaken, the Inde was also an Ardent class before becoming a 44-gun razee.

I'm really loving the interior pictures, I may still have a try at a warship once again pirate_classic.gif .

Indeed you should Sebeus! We would all love that as you always have some inspired designs.

I hope to see this ship in action someday...

Can you show the carronade? I'm interesting in the parts used...

Well she isn't quite in action yet, but here she is sailing in close formation ready to engage the enemy in an upcoming series:

10077733414_aa67ea1a68_c.jpg

I will post a break down of the carronade like I did for the great gun somewhere on this forum.

It is easy to see how much time, effort and research went into this build. It's really fantastic and full of fine details that make this all the more amazing. Well done! From the pictures posted I can't see if there is an interior to this ship - if there is I'd love to see it!

Please see page 2 of this thread for detailed interior photos as long as some backstory of her crew. This brings up a good point though; Since this ship is intended as an ongoing series of stories, would you like to see those chapters in this thread or in a thread of their own? Either way I will update the first post of this thread everytime I add something new.

Thanks to everyone who has viewed and commented on this thread. I appreciate all you support!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Hi,

I have to say your WIP-thread to me has been both an adventurous journey where I couldn't wait for the next chapter being written, and a more than informative tutorial on so many aspects of ship building.

And now, having watched the finished model for like the 100th time, I still can't help but to applaud continuously, while drooling all over my keyboard... again. Persephone undoubtedly is among the very finest ships ever presented here.

But what makes her divine in my eyes is the way you present her. Both story-wise and by pictures. This last line-of-battle shot is just glorious! Great teaser!

One question: Have you thought about using a ventilator to create a billowing effect for the sails? Since you're using very thin cloth for them a little breeze could be enough. But only if you consider the masts and rigging stable enough! Don't risk “blowing” her to pieces!

So, I'm going to return to drooling now.wub_drool.gif

PS. Concerning your question, I'd prefer you posted every story related to her in this thread. I think this would make for a much more intense experience! And no post would go overboard. pirate_laugh2.gif

Regards

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

Fantastic ship, given me a few ideas to play with, all be it on a smaller scale :D

9845731953_f079f882a4_c.jpg

The guy in the top cabin, where did his torso come from? ie what set/minifig. I like the idea of having the uniform on a stand for my Admiral moc i'm working on but can't find a torso to use that suits an Admiral when out of uniform.

I have to say your WIP-thread to me has been both an adventurous journey where I couldn't wait for the next chapter being written, and a more than informative tutorial on so many aspects of ship building.

PS. Concerning your question, I'd prefer you posted every story related to her in this thread. I think this would make for a much more intense experience! And no post would go overboard. pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks for the praise! I'm glad you've enjoyed the journey. I agree the adventure should continue in this thread rather than creating another. Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Fantastic ship, given me a few ideas to play with, all be it on a smaller scale :D

The guy in the top cabin, where did his torso come from? ie what set/minifig. I like the idea of having the uniform on a stand for my Admiral moc i'm working on but can't find a torso to use that suits an Admiral when out of uniform.

The crew features many different torso's and heads from many different lines, let alone sets. If you look closely at the crew photos you will see bits and pieces from Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Sponge Bob, Superheroes, POTC and probably a few others as well. The officer's different levels of dress also gave me a few headaches. I believe the one you are referring to came from the Indiana Jones line. You can find it here. The other one I use for a different level of undress is the new Han Solo torso that you can find here. Here is a slightly different perspective of these torsos as two officer's enjoy a bit of music:

P1070548.JPG

Hope that helps answer your question. Thanks everyone for your comments and support!

As time moves on, with a ship this size one has to figure out what to do with it once it is completed. This is something I have been struggling with for about a year. Along with some other changes this year, I had the opportunity to remodel our basement. I was very pleased to be able to build something specifically for displaying this ship. Here is how she looks and will be displayed until she goes on tour again in the future. Even Lego has artistic value in the home pirate_classic.gif

15762593739_8f87c27f94_c.jpg

Happy holidays to all!

Wow, wish i had a basement and a fire place pirate_wink.gif What a way to have a lego-dedicated corner, reminds of my uncle's house were he had his galleons - both lego and a wooden one, presented on the top of a cabinet in his living room pirate_classic.gif

It's even a little bit too big comparing to Your fireplace. Would look even way better if You could get a bigger one, oval one perhaps, so You could make some artificial water aroung the ship pirate_laugh_new.gif

Just watch out for dust pirate_wink.gif

Absolutely beautiful ship, wish I had this amount of dedication/money, also just because nobody has commented on that picture up there...

10-Master_and_Commander.jpg