• 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

indexed.gif

Product: 7754 Home One™ Mon Calamari Star Cruiser™

Theme: Star Wars: 10th Year Anniversary

No of pieces: 789

Release Date: August 2009

RRP: SGD229.90/USD109.90

Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Target, Toys 'R' Us (Worldwide).

7754-01.jpg

7754-02.jpg

Prepare to attack the Death Star!

Aboard the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Home One, the Rebel Alliance plans its final assault against the Empire™'s second Death Star. Voted for by fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary of LEGO

Edited by valentin
Poll is added

Valentin, thanks for doing this incredible review, and looking at this especially the ending section is tempting me to get this set, and build up the strategy discussion scenes with the leaders and pilots. You have captured of the mood of this scene very well, and it will be even best, which I know you are capable of lining up the aircrafts in the hanger ready to take off and attack the Death Star. Excellent piece of work, and I am sure, our dear KimT and new Staff, Stash2sixx will come and index this for you.

Meanwhile, I will add a little poll for this review. :classic:

You changed my mind on this set! Great review. I haven't realised all the play features and how detailed it is until now :thumbup:

7754-10.jpg

7754-11.jpg

7754-12.jpg

Da le a tu cuerpo alegria macarena

EEEEEEEH MACARENA! AY!

Sorry, I couldn't resist when I saw that serie of pictures :laugh:

Nice review. It is a so so set to me. I find the previous A-Wing slightly better (although I do like the idea of the removable engine) but I do like that briefing room... I might try to build it on its own... Since I'll never find that set anywhere here in Belgium anyway...

To me this set is average, but almost below average. Sure, there's a whole bunch of new figs and a couple play features, but that's about it. Of course, I have to buy this set for the figs, because the individual figs prices on bricklink is way up there. It's extremely cheaper to just get the entire set. :hmpf_bad: Even though I don't really like the set, you still did a great job on the review. :thumbup:

Excellent review valentin. Our wallets are well and truly trapped this year. We need someone to get that shield down around Lego's pricing policy dept.

This set is finally out in NZ and I'm going to get it. Your review just helped me to realise how good a set it is. Before your review I really only wanted it for the minifigures. Thanks.

Good review. Are the Mon Cal and the Admiral's heads the same color? Thats a FAQ :classic:

Yes they are the same color. There is a discussion about it on the first page on SW fourms. Nice review by the way. The pictures do seem a little dark.

Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

I've gotten this set this weekend but it's still boxed up.

This is a set that is most valuable because of the minifigures, but still got some really nice features.

The fact that I dont own a A-wing is a nice touch for me and the conference room looks movie accurate.

EEEEEEEH MACARENA! AY!

Sorry, I couldn't resist when I saw that serie of pictures :laugh:

Hahaha you've made my day :laugh:

Valentin, this is easily one of the most impressive reviews I have ever seen done by a fairly new member (and when I mean new, I mean that you haven't spent much time posting yet :tongue: ). The pictures are clear and fairly high quality, and the commentary is brief but thoughtful. I especially love the ending scene - great idea of you to recreate that part of the movie in lego form. :thumbup: If I could give one suggestion as how to improve your next review, I think it would be good to use a white background so viewers aren't distracted by the background clutter in your reviewing setup. :wink:

As for the set itself, I gave it an above average. As a set, it's fairly good but not spetacular - however, the five exclusive minifigs (including the most wanted Mon Calmari) boost up the rating by another point. Overall, I'd give this set a 4.5 out of 5, rounded down to a four. As much as I like this set, I can't justify giving it a perfect rating, especially since I would have rather had a to-scale starcruiser model to go along with the playset versions of the Imperial Star Destroyer and Tantive IV. Fortunately, it's still a great set - just not exactly what most would have wanted. :sceptic:

Edited by Grevious

Excellent review, although the pics are indeed slightly underlit.

I was lucky enough to buy a reasonable cheap MISB Home One set on e-Bay when it first came out, and i was doubly lucky to get a REALLY cheap opened set without the figures but complete with bricks and stickers, so I have made the control room with one hangar area on each side of the control room! I'll post some pictures soon.

Great review Valentin, many thanks!

Other than being a wee bit dark, you've taken some great shots there and it's especially nice to see the briefing room scene mocked up :sweet: Play-sets are always the best way to display figures in my opinion and the briefing room looks great filled out with rebel pilots, troopers, etc.

I'd quite like to get this set for that reason - it'd look great on my shelf for sure! I do like the new A-wing - and although I already own several of them - I like the new detailing and colour scheme.

EEEEEEEH MACARENA! AY!

Ha-hah! Very funny :laugh:

I don't mean to sound rude but your pictures are horribly dark, I can barely see anything in the first 20 pictures.

I appreciate all the pics and I think it would be a good review otherwise.

Hmmm can't decide on this one. It was a penny short of £100 in TRU which strikes me as ALOT of money (albeit slightly cheaper on LS@H). I can't help feeling though that Lego in general seems to be getting more expensive quite quickly...

Sound review though and I like the "what it should have come with" shots. Maybe also the Imperial shuttle, Falcon, X and Y Wings in the hanger would have been the icing on the cake! I bet the Imperial Shuttle would look good on there...!

5 - Outstanding!

I just finished mine, and wow... I love it. I grabed mine at a bargian price ($150NZ from $250NZ). Even at full price this set is well worth it! Heaps of playability, decent size, new A-wing.

Only downside i could possibly find it the A-wing's 'Engine'. Not a fan. But that's personal opinion, you might like it.

This set overall gets a full five star. Well done lego!

3- Average.

I really enjoyed the build and the new figs are great. For me, the old 2006 A-wing was bettter. This one just seems a little to wide but it is nice to have it in another colour.

It is a great set but no where near worth that money TLC want for it. :sadnew:

Endor has double the figs and 100 parts more for £15 less in the UK. It even has more new molds!

If this set had the same price as Endor i would probably mark it higher. :wink:

Great review. Overall a great set, if only it wasn't for the price. Btw, I was wondering if the chrome darth vader promotion applies to this set because this is a limited edition set?

I think he's talking about the Chrome Vaders that were randomly placed in sets, just like the Chrome Threepio. (Ten thousand of them, if I remember correctly.) If you buy a set MISB that was affected by that promotion, then in theory, there's a chance that you'll get a Chrome Vader.

I don't remember whether or not this set was included, though.

My version of this set never came with stickers for the main build, only the A-Wing, which is strange because they are on the same sheet. Is it possible to get a replacement sheet for this set? if so how do I go about it?

My version of this set never came with stickers for the main build, only the A-Wing, which is strange because they are on the same sheet. Is it possible to get a replacement sheet for this set? if so how do I go about it?

Well if lego was still selling this set all you had to do was call them. Don't worry, all you have to do is buy the sticker sheet off of Bricklink, I found the link for you :wink:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=7754%20sticker

I think he's talking about the Chrome Vaders that were randomly placed in sets, just like the Chrome Threepio. (Ten thousand of them, if I remember correctly.) If you buy a set MISB that was affected by that promotion, then in theory, there's a chance that you'll get a Chrome Vader.

I don't remember whether or not this set was included, though.

That's my point. I'm not sure whether the Chrome Vader promotion affected all 2009 SW sets or just a select majority. Since this one was Limited Edition, it might have been excluded from the promotion.