Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

If it makes any of you feel better on the price I quote here a member from the brickset forum:

"One of our local retailers has this listed as a May arrival at ZAR 2,649.00 which is around £155, so it may actually come in below the £200 mark in the UK.

If not, use that as an excuse to visit Cape Town and pick up some cheap(ish) LEGO :)"

:classic:

The house definitely caught my attention. It looks a bit boring on the outside with just tan/brown facade, but considering the parts number, and the fact that it opens on hinges, there has to be some interesting interior details, that I'm looking forward to see.

I wonder how many people are going to buy this. Obviously, this is not targeted for children. With a licensed theme and 2500 parts, it could potentially go somewhere north of $175 or even $200 depending on what exactly is in there. You will have people who are fans of the Simpsons, but may not want to pay that much. Then again, you will have people who could care less about the Simpsons, but are eyeballing that house as something that would look nice in their modular town that takes up a whole room. I like the house well enough, but there are many more priorities for that kind of money (ie. MOCS, Hobbit/LOTR, modulars, Benny's Space Ship, etc.)

I have mixed feelings about this.

They stayed pretty true to the look of the 'real' Simpsons house. Unfortunately, what basically is a bland and barely interesting house in 2D cartoons still looks bland and barely interesting in 3D / Lego bricks. We can hope for some nice interior details to make it worthwhile, but as a display piece it's mainly interesting because it is the Simpsons house, and not because it's an interesting building in itself.

...as a display piece it's mainly interesting because it is the Simpsons house, and not because it's an interesting building in itself.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The house definitely caught my attention. It looks a bit boring on the outside with just tan/brown facade, but considering the parts number, and the fact that it opens on hinges, there has to be some interesting interior details, that I'm looking forward to see.

This is exactly my thoughts. I am eager to see what is inside the house.

After second glance it would appear that the house has a mere quarter of the basement, notice the steps, I wonder how or what they have filled the space with though, maybe water from one of the episodes? But hopefully Carlos will post an image of the back of the box :classic:

From the lime green wheel barrow to the beat up Simpson's car this is a perfect set.......OMG ! I :wub: it !

My son and I will have to share this one for Christmas this year (yeah, I long way off.....but when is the official release date of the set ?)

Plus we don't know if this is going to be an exclusive or not ? :look:

Anyway, what a save for 2014.....might go down as one of the greatest Lego sets ever, but we need to see more to truly judge it. :wink:

Wow, the house is really nice, definitely wasn't anything I was expecting! Unfortunately, I'll probably not be able to pick this one up as it is looks to be a little out of my budget :sad: (working on collecting the movie sets right now). I do look forward to getting the CMF though.

Then again, you will have people who could care less about the Simpsons

The phrase is 'couldn't care less'. You're saying the opposite of what you mean.

From the lime green wheel barrow to the beat up Simpson's car this is a perfect set.......OMG ! I :wub: it !

My son and I will have to share this one for Christmas this year (yeah, I long way off.....but when is the official release date of the set ?)

Plus we don't know if this is going to be an exclusive or not ? :look:

Anyway, what a save for 2014.....might go down as one of the greatest Lego sets ever, but we need to see more to truly judge it. :wink:

The green wheel barrow is from My Sister My Sitter, right? Never liked that episode. :tongue:

This is planned for an April release, so we'll be getting this soon! :sweet:

This thing looks WAY better than I would have ever imagined. I'm actually impressed. Good look, interesting parts. Probably too expensive for my blood, but a much better set than I (and I think actually most others) had expected.

Kudos to the designers. They really capture the house.

It looks great but there is so much going on in 2014 it will just be too much

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this theme is being handled and made. I might end up having to pick this set up because it's so much better than I had anticipated, and it's open-able which is even better since it seems to have some nice details inside. The figures aren't too impressing for me but they still were done very well for something that started in 2D. Too bad I probably won't be able to pick it up since the larger piece count will most likely give it a pretty hefty price tag.

The lazy eye thing will always be a part of Simpsons based toys. Take a look at the playmates line and you will see what I am talking about. They always mixed them up for the main characters.

Simpsons fans will go gaga over this as they did over the figures and playsets whenPlaymates did it.

The interior will decide this for me, but right now I'm pretty impressed! The little nods to different episodes that we can see on the front lawn leads me to think that the interior will be full of detail - and then I will be sold. The minifigures don't grab me, particularly the lazy eyes, but I'll wait and see what the cmf's look like, if they have open eyes or seem a better fit overall it's easy enough to swap them out.

Even though I won't buy it because I don't like the Simpsons, that's a pretty cool set. I think Lego handled this license right with one, cool, adult set rather than a wave of small sets for kids. They totally get their audience with this one.

Except the CMF series. Why.

It see a piano in the right window.

I really like the car! The onky thing that bugs me are the eyes. Why does maggie look angry and hold a gun?

Totally not related to the location. I only wished that they included some kind of baseplate with the frontal garden...

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I've been staring at the picture for so long that I hope to have a Lego Simpsons dream tonight (if I'll be able to sleep).

This set is so beautiful! I just love how it opens, excellent! And the minifigs are great too. I believe the interior will be awesome.

This is going to be so expensive but I have to buy it no matter what.

I'm not really interested in the Simpsons but it looks like the designers did everything right with this. The minifigures were done correctly in my opinion and the build is large enough that there could be tons of detail inside. Now just to actually see that interior.

Tangent:

The phrase is 'couldn't care less'. You're saying the opposite of what you mean.

There are lots of valid auto-antonyms, idiomatic phrases, and double negatives in english and other languages, and the phrase in question is one of them. The semantic content of these phrases can't be derived by treating them like logical notation. PM if you would like some links to professional linguists on this matter.