Bonaparte

Pirates Teamwork Contest

Just a few question:

how do I calculate the "value" of the MOC kit (to make it similar to 75 euro)? Using mixed expensive and cheap parts?

I suggest you have a look on the current LEGO porfolio (e.g. on Shop@Home) and see what kind of set size you can get for ~75 euro. Take a non-licensed set as reference since the licensed ones come with license costs included.

Ooooh this looks fun. I've always liked the pirate theme, and I use to build for it, but I've never posted any pirate creations online before. Either way the collaboration aspect of this contest makes it all the more exciting! Nemo looking for a teammate?!

I'd be happy to team up with you, Nemo, so long as you don't live in the state of Nebraska.

I suggest you have a look on the current LEGO porfolio (e.g. on Shop@Home) and see what kind of set size you can get for ~75 euro. Take a non-licensed set as reference since the licensed ones come with license costs included.

On a related question to this, is there a certain "size" set that the other builder would make? Like, one of us builds the ~75 euro set with another building a connecting ~75 euro set at the same price point? Or is it two different price point sets? Should we also try to limit our total brick use to that of a ~75 euro set? (Like around 800 bricks?) Or just go all out? Thanks--sorry that's a lot!

----

Also, the super-team of Captain Nemo and MstrOfPppts has been formed! Let all landlubbers tremble at our combined power!

Confiriming my cooperation with Captain Nemo!

I also have some questions - I guess that the price limit does not go well with the no minifig limit rule. Also if each builds his part, I guess there's no need for the picture with both parts connected, or does one have to build both parts in the end?

I also must add that this is a very nice idea for a contest and something fresh here on EB. A big thanks to Bonaparte for organizing this!

I would love to take part in that contest but first of all I'll have to find a partner.

I don't have a lot of Pirates minifigs but I have a few Conquistadores and quite a lot medieval/Renaissance minifigs. Are kind of "Exploring the New World" sets also allowed?

EDIT: It would be great to work with someone who can also speak German (Austria, Switzerland...) for easier conversation purposes.

Edited by Wat Tambor

hah, things are heating up, great! However, all you scurvy plagued landlubbers have no chance competing with us! pir_laugh2.gif

on a different note, although 250 € sounds great, it think it'd be kind of unfair for the second and third to go empty handed, why not break the price pot into smaller stakes?

Ooh this sounds like so much fun!

Edit: Found a partner thank you.

Edited by Cara

Wow! I look forward to seeing the entries although I don't think I'll enter (I'm too worried I'd let my partner down :V).

Uhmmm, I'd like to pair up with Brig. Brick, we are both from Costa Rica, but we arent exactly in the same geographic region...yes, Costa Rica is a rather smaller country, but I dont Imagine someone driving 300km~ just to "cheat" and build both parts in real life, well, at least I dont Imagine myselft doing so pirate_tong.gif, besides the real purpose of the whole thing would be lost in that way.

Saying so, can we still participate as a team?

On a related question to this, is there a certain "size" set that the other builder would make? Like, one of us builds the ~75 euro set with another building a connecting ~75 euro set at the same price point? Or is it two different price point sets? Should we also try to limit our total brick use to that of a ~75 euro set? (Like around 800 bricks?) Or just go all out? Thanks--sorry that's a lot!

----

Also, the super-team of Captain Nemo and MstrOfPppts has been formed! Let all landlubbers tremble at our combined power!

Both sets should be more or less in the 75 euro price range (so ~700pcs).

A good reference set is this one (Croc Swamp Hideout) which costs 74,99 euro, counts 647 pcs and is not a licensed one:

LegoTheCrocSwampHideout-nwm.jpg

I'll get back to the other questions soon.

I don't have a lot of Pirates minifigs but I have a few Conquistadores and quite a lot medieval/Renaissance minifigs. Are kind of "Exploring the New World" sets also allowed?

Yes, that's totally ok!

Just another question: do we need to incorporate play features into our sets? Thanks.

That's your call. You can, but it's not a must.

Uhmmm, I'd like to pair up with Brig. Brick, we are both from Costa Rica, but we arent exactly in the same geographic region...yes, Costa Rica is a rather smaller country, but I dont Imagine someone driving 300km~ just to "cheat" and build both parts in real life, well, at least I dont Imagine myselft doing so pirate_tong.gif, besides the real purpose of the whole thing would be lost in that way.

Saying so, can we still participate as a team?

In the spirit of the contest pls try to find another member from another country. I'm sure there must be good candidates around, no?

I would love to take part in that contest but first of all I'll have to find a partner.

I don't have a lot of Pirates minifigs but I have a few Conquistadores and quite a lot medieval/Renaissance minifigs. Are kind of "Exploring the New World" sets also allowed

Wat Tambor and i compete as a team.

markus

Wow! I look forward to seeing the entries although I don't think I'll enter (I'm too worried I'd let my partner down :V).

Why not? I'm thinking about entering for fun.

It could be more challenging if contestants from different countries are randomly teamed up.

Sounds great, I love the concept! Would anyone like to team up with me?

Sounds great, I love the concept! Would anyone like to team up with me?

I'm happy to work together :)

Interesting contest, looks already great couples are forming, should be a delight to see.