just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

it works on plants in Ironman 3

Plants and humans are biological organisms, where as Androinds are machines.

I find it strange how TRU in America are able to put the the price up straight away. Here in the UK ( or at least in my town ) they keep the sets at normal price for a year then raise them. I still find it ridiculous how people are willing to spend $5 to get sets 20 days early.

My TRU (Also UK) has regular sets at normal price, and then marks up the exclusives.

I'm disappointed that Thor isn't helmeted but otherwise that set looks fantastic. Kinda wish it had an A.I.M. trooper guy though

Do you guys think the Spider-Copter should have been a Shield-Copter ?

Most definitely (I even posted that when we got the first preliminary pictures)! I'd give the set a solid 9/10 if it had a color and logo change. If it was a SHIELD copter, it wouldn't be limited to just Spider-Man. Think about it: you could put Hawkeye, Black Widow, or even Nick Fury in the cockpits and it would STILL make since. And I hate Spider vehicles. They're redundantly redundant.

I think every single Spiderman vehicle is stupid and should be a Shield or other kind of vehicle. Honestly I think this latest toon version of Spiderman is pure crap ;).

And the way they never update his figure. I do not need an Spiderman Army! I really wish they'd offer variations.

Powerman is awesome, but I mean original 70's Powerman, not kid Powerman. They need more scenes and less vehicles. Is there some evidence that suggests that kids dislike sets that don't have vehicles?

I think every single Spiderman vehicle is stupid and should be a Shield or other kind of vehicle. Honestly I think this latest toon version of Spiderman is pure crap ;).

And the way they never update his figure. I do not need an Spiderman Army! I really wish they'd offer variations.

I thought that the bike was pretty cool, but other than that these are pretty annoying. I mean, what advantage could a trike have over a flying motorcycle?

I think it is the built in play feature that comes with vehicles. Kids probably love a combination of vehicles and places, but vehicles are just easier to build a set around, especially for the price points they are going for. Plus, the License holder would also have a say in what type of set they want produced, so I'm sure LEGO isn't at fault here.

Some of the vehicles aren't too bad, but I don't have any use for them so I never build them. I mainly buy these sets for the figures, so I guess the background brick is just icing.

This guy on eBay claims to be selling a prototype Captain America 2014 shield. He says it's different because it's a light red and not the dark red. I don't see that really, but maybe it's just the image quality.

I think the light red shield comes in the new 2014 cap set. I could just have been me but I thought they changed to light red along with the new medium blue Cap figure for the cartoon.

Oh, wow, thanks just2good, bringer of great Lego news, I didn't realise that the dark red shield was getting re-done. Trust me on this, that's a different colour, and the best part is it's more comic accurate. Bring on the X-Men!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I think the light red shield comes in the new 2014 cap set. I could just have been me but I thought they changed to light red along with the new medium blue Cap figure for the cartoon.

Yeah, that makes sense as it's the only 2014 Captain America set that we know of. :sweet:

Oh, wow, thanks just2good, bringer of great Lego news...

Oh, you. :purrr:

I wonder how he managed to get 'em so early.... well, suppose we shouldn't ask that. :laugh:

​I for one prefer the dark red, but new variants are always welcome to me.

Got my Flash minifigure. I must say, the bolts on the side of his head are much larger in person, but overall I'm very pleased with him.

I definitely agree with everyone who says that getting the same spiderman over and over again is very annoying. A different suit would be awesome. Or just use a different hero (I know people might think that a set won't sell well without a hero as famous as Spiderman, but when things like Chima, Ninjago, etc came out people didn't know who any of those people were and still bought the sets because they looked cool). Also a few extra villains in sets would be great. More villains and less heroes I say.

Absolutely. It still would have looked silly with a main rotor and two tiltrotors, but at least the colour scheme would have been nicer.

And yes, anyone who's paid even cursory attention to Spider-Man knows that there have been tons of costume variants.

Here are high-res pictures of all the Spring 2014 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sets! I found these on Walmart Canada. For the LEGO sites, at the moment these are Eurobricks exclusives! If you want a super-enlarged high-res picture, click on each image. Enjoy! :purrr:

11369342944_4017e0dc7e_z.jpg

11369413893_f8cf97ed7f_z.jpg

11369263985_615bd822f6_z.jpg

11369264885_fd17f3c8a5_z.jpg

11369271105_85783f614b_z.jpg

11369407003_a6c5037a26_z.jpg

11369268055_16769dac31_z.jpg

11369303196_07883f75d7_z.jpg

11369400213_9a304e6f23_z.jpg

11369397343_aa95bdd206_z.jpg

You can see the photos all together in this set I made here on Flickr.

Yes! Better pictures of Electro, thanks just2good for posting these. Five lightning bolt pieces, and two transparent arms without printing in a hopefully $12.99 set. I can't wait! :sweet:

EDIT: Just saw Thor's head. What did they do to his expression? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego Spy

Yes! Better pictures of Electro, thanks just2good for posting these.

No prob! I have to say, I really like the Avengers Assemble boxes. The logo looks really good, as goes for the art in the top right corner. On the other hand, I'm sad the Spidey sets use the 2012 artwork. I really wish they'd use some new artwork for him. Oh well. Also, the minifigure boxes still look weird with the fade, much like the DC sets for next year.

And, judging by the box the Hulk Lab Smash set could be $40. Now that would be great. On the other hand, the Spider Copter set uses the (normally) $60 box size. I sure hope it ain't that price. :sick:

Edited by just2good