just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I just had a thought about how to make the Thing as a minifigure. I remember removing the arms from a Power Miners rock monster and attaching them to a minifig torso. The rough texture of the arms look like they could do. The rest of the texture effect could be done with printing or a rocky bodywear piece. Just a possibility I thought I'd throw out there, despite its minimal likelihood.

When it comes to Pepper Pots as being just a person in a suit, by that logic so are War Machine, Batman, all the Robins (even the one the fans voted should die), Batgirl, the Joker, Harley Quinn and Catwoman (if you ignore the Halle Berry Catwoman storyline).

What do you guys think the price range of the X-men sets will be?

Its hard to tell without any set names. Assuming we're getting a full wave I think we'll see something like this:

Cheap (Juniors?) X-Men set

Mid-range GOTG

Mid-range X-Men

Large GOTG

Large X-Men

Plus a few DC sets to balance things out.

Wait, there are four female Marvel characters: Spiderwoman (San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Exclusive), Phoenix Jean Grey (Comic-Con 2012 Exclusive), Pepper Pots and Black Widow. The upcoming Mary Jane makes five.

If you count the original Batman license, there are two different Catwoman figs, two different Poison Ivy figs, three different Harley Quinn figs, Lois Lane, Wonder Woman and Faora (one of Zods army). That's six DC characters currently. The upcoming Batgirl makes seven.

I'm not sure its fair to count the original Batman license, otherwise we might as well as include an additional four Mary Janes plus Aunt May from the original Spider-Man line.

I'm not sure its fair to count the original Batman license, otherwise we might as well as include an additional four Mary Janes plus Aunt May from the original Spider-Man line.

Oh, yeah, I missed those. The original Batman line women are all in the current line-up, just with subtle changes. The first 4 Juniors Spiderman had no females, and were Jack Stone sized figs.

A photo of the new Marvel sets has been released. Take a look:

<snip>

Already posted several pages back.

Edited by gedren_y

Its hard to tell without any set names. Assuming we're getting a full wave I think we'll see something like this:

Cheap (Juniors?) X-Men set

Mid-range GOTG

Mid-range X-Men

Large GOTG

Large X-Men

Plus a few DC sets to balance things out.

Doubt we'd get that many sets. I think we'll see (unfortunately) only around two, four max. It makes sense as the Summer 2013 wave of The LEGO Movie sets may include some DC Super Heroes sets, which I'm starting to think is going to happen. But that's just my speculation. And, doubt we'll see an X-Men Juniors set.

A photo of the new Marvel sets has been released. Take a look:

That image originated here, but thanks anyways. :classic:

And, holy crud, how many Darth Potatoes are there here? There's you, darth_tater, DarthPotato. :head_back:

Potatoes are cool, so all is good.

Edited by just2good

I hope we get at least 2 X-Men sets, but I get the feeling we'll only get one. Also, I think just2goods comment made me lose all hope in any future DC sets :cry_sad:. I was telling myself we were sure to get a Black Canary because with Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Poison Ivy, Black Canary was the only other hero I needed for the birds of prey. Granted I could have always hoped for Huntress, but who sees that happening any time soon?

For myself, I hated Iron Man 3, so anything in that movie is a writeoff in my book. I recently got rid of my Mandarin and Killian minifigures---although I did keep War Machine. ;)

For myself, I hated Iron Man 3, so anything in that movie is a writeoff in my book. I recently got rid of my Mandarin and Killian minifigures---although I did keep War Machine. ;)

Hey, give some credit where credit is due. Mandarin was rip off yes, but the character development of iron man was fantastic especially with his PTSD and everything. Very realistic to me especially since I was in a psychology class at the time. I feel a lot of movies would have just written that off and had ironman be fine despite the alien invasion so seeing the realism marvel is known for was great. It also showed Tony doesn't necessarily need his suit to be super! (although it does help). I do however, feel the villain was underdeveloped and so was the extremis virus. We didn't really learn much about it at all. Kind of a waste. I'm sure it will have a bigger role in avengers 2 with Ultron probably having it or something. Plus it was kinda implied Iron Man has it in him. The big battle location at the end was also very random to me. It seemed they just wanted a good place to have a final battle so they put it there. On another note, I do hope we get more than 1 GotG set and xmen set. I'm predicting 3 GotG and 2 Xmen

Edited by Luna Lovegood

Getting one X-men set is not enough. There are so many key characters to get, and just getting one set is not going to cover all of them. Unless it's a set like the Death Star. :wink:

Edited by Legoman123

Hey, give some credit where credit is due. Mandarin was rip off yes, but the character development of iron man was fantastic especially with his PTSD and everything. Very realistic to me especially since I was in a psychology class at the time. I feel a lot of movies would have just written that off and had ironman be fine despite the alien invasion so seeing the realism marvel is known for was great. It also showed Tony doesn't necessarily need his suit to be super! (although it does help). I do however, feel the villain was underdeveloped and so was the extremis virus. We didn't really learn much about it at all. Kind of a waste. I'm sure it will have a bigger role in avengers 2 with Ultron probably having it or something. Plus it was kinda implied Iron Man has it in him. The big battle location at the end was also very random to me. It seemed they just wanted a good place to have a final battle so they put it there. On another note, I do hope we get more than 1 GotG set and xmen set. I'm predicting 3 GotG and 2 Xmen

Extremis is pretty much used in the Agents of Shield. So I doubt we'll see it in another movie...

Extremis is pretty much used in the Agents of Shield. So I doubt we'll see it in another movie...

O I know! But I think it will somehow tie in with Ultron still. I think if Tony perfected it or something, Ultron would get it and use it to repair himself so he'd be indestructible without being sued by fox for giving him adamantium armor

You can't be serious... Whatever happened to the classic Electro that appeared in the cartoon? :cry_sad:

I believe he appears as both. At first he's the classic Electro and then transforms into the ultimate Electro.

O I know! But I think it will somehow tie in with Ultron still. I think if Tony perfected it or something, Ultron would get it and use it to repair himself so he'd be indestructible without being sued by fox for giving him adamantium armor

I believe Fox's license is just for the X-Men universe and Fantastic Four. Adimantium is not a mutant-only thing nor is it only used with the X-Men so I doubt Disney would have problems with using adamantium.

I believe he appears as both. At first he's the classic Electro and then transforms into the ultimate Electro.

Surely Extremis would only work on Humans, and wouldn't on Ultron as he's a Android. Ultron wouldn't have a brain which is what Extremis rewrites so the body can repair itself, Extremis couldn't interact with a micro chip.

I'm guessing that there will be 3 Guardians sets and 2 X-men. I guess that the Guardian sets will included both Gamora and Nebula so there's another two female characters for those complaining about the lack of female minifigures. Also I'm thinking we will see a few members of the Nova corps as well.

You can't be serious... Whatever happened to the classic Electro that appeared in the cartoon? :cry_sad:

He wore his classic costume for a few minutes before getting fully charged up and turning into the version we're getting.

Surely Extremis would only work on Humans, and wouldn't on Ultron as he's a Android. Ultron wouldn't have a brain which is what Extremis rewrites so the body can repair itself, Extremis couldn't interact with a micro chip.

That's true, I'm just thinking that maybe ironman somehow injected it into a suit or something and Ultron will take it over possibly. Maybe that's a little farfetched haha

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I just had a thought about how to make the Thing as a minifigure. I remember removing the arms from a Power Miners rock monster and attaching them to a minifig torso. The rough texture of the arms look like they could do. The rest of the texture effect could be done with printing or a rocky bodywear piece. Just a possibility I thought I'd throw out there, despite its minimal likelihood.

When it comes to Pepper Pots as being just a person in a suit, by that logic so are War Machine, Batman, all the Robins (even the one the fans voted should die), Batgirl, the Joker, Harley Quinn and Catwoman (if you ignore the Halle Berry Catwoman storyline).

I think it's safe to say that Thing will be a big fig, given he's like that in the game and he's physically on par with the Hulk. I think that it's not so much about Pepper being "just a person in a suit" but that she's not a full-time dedicated hero in the films like Iron Man.

Marvel producers confirmed that Extremis was still a very big deal, in reference to the movie universe ;)

Marvel producers confirmed that Extremis was still a very big deal, in reference to the movie universe ;)

Ah fair enough. With regards to Extremist and Ultron, in Agents of Shield, it is mixed with loads of other stuff in a cocktail so it could end up being able to work with technology.

TRU is at it again putting out sets before their sell date, I didn't buy one since I don't collect Batman. No other sets in the series were available yet but that might change since they're continually getting stocks for the holiday season.

AC

11327372124_184be19326_c.jpg