Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Haven't bought any Star Wars LEGO in roughly three years, but I'm very tempted now. This looks like a pretty spectacular wave, all the sets just look excellent.

WHAT? The AV-7 cannon should have commander wolffe!! What happend whit him? Maybe he will come with the Police Gunship .

Edited by nrg

Personally, it looks like LEGO got it right this year, no cruisers or shuttles, just tanks, walkers, bombers, and clone troopers. Especially Gree, I always wanted an official fig since 2005.

I was rather lukewarm about this wave when we first heard about it, but it turned out fantastic! As others have said, the sheer amount if army building potential means I'll be buying multiples of several sets. I also love the fact that there are so many small-ish sets. Most of the sets in this wave look to be under $30.

Meh, I'm mostly an OT fan meaning the only things I'll be getting will be 3x DS Troopers pack. I also prefer the last V-Wing set as the nose is narrower and overall it just has a sleeker feel and the black/grey colours obviously fit perfectly with the rest of my Imperials.

Personally, it looks like LEGO got it right this year, no cruisers or shuttles, just tanks, walkers, bombers, and clone troopers. Especially Gree, I always wanted an official fig since 2005.

This made me laugh. All that was going trough my head was Yay War!!!!!

Excellent! thanks for the new pictures! I'll be buying several of the troop builder packs for sure! love the ds trooper pack, I need some of those for my death star...

Finally some pics! Thanks Brickadeer. I was very much looking forward to a nice rendition of AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Canon and I'm very dissapointed by the end result. The Cuusoo model was absolutely terrific, and not even that much larger from this one. Have they done it properly, I guess people would have bought several of these to recreate Battle of Christophsis. Epic fail :sceptic:

Only barrel with the seat for trooper, no charger part at all :cry_sad: And the barrel is completely out of proportions... Anyway, enough ranting, it's just I had really high hopes there.

So relatively cheap wave for me: I need one Vulture droid, never got a chance to get one, ok DS troopers naturally, perhaps AT-AP to complete my Felucia setup and maybe Droid Gunship once I see some reviews.

I'll try to get instructions for the Cuusoo AV-7 and build few of these...

This made me laugh. All that was going trough my head was Yay War!!!!!

Considering all the past couple years, even during the clone wars show, we have only received cruisers, shuttles and a few starfighters, so ya "Yay War". :tongue:

It's a close race between the AV-7 and the tri-droid for the place of "Worst LEGO Star Wars vehicle ever." Other than those two, everything seems great.

The use of the new basters everywhere worries me, since it looks like the may be replacing the old blasters (if you look at the BPs especially). We still got a few of the old blasters, but they appear to be dying out. Not good.

It almost seems like Lego concentrated too much on minifigs and not enough on actual builds. Obviously, I'm not going to complain about the high quality figures, but vehicles like the tri-droid and the AV-7 leave a lot of room for complaining, build-wise.

It almost seems like Lego concentrated too much on minifigs and not enough on actual builds. Obviously, I'm not going to complain about the high quality figures, but vehicles like the tri-droid and the AV-7 leave a lot of room for complaining, build-wise.

I can't really complain about the vehicles. The AV-7 looks okay to me. Changing the colour of the Wolfpack-Troopers is a great step forward. The only thing I don't like is the phase II TCW visor. The more roundish EP III visor is an improvement, so I think I will get a few battle packs.

As for the tri-droid, I have to agree that it still looks odd, very "pre-limish". Including the small spider droid from 75016 would have been a great choice, but anyone will get it for the figures, anyway.

The Grievous wheel looks great, and also the DS battle pack (although it looks like the gunners don't have a neck).

Since I have close to zero interest in CW/PT stuff this will be cheap for me, a couple of DS packs and that's probably it. I'd like a few of the new figs that are usable for general SW mocs if the BL prices aren't to crazy.

Is one of the plant pieces in the Saleucami set a new piece? The one with the twirl?

Death Star Troopers: Probably my favourite set of the new wave. I am really keen on imperial guards, but I've never get any due to their uniqueness and their cost. The cannon looks nice. I am not fond of death star troopers but I appreciate their shapes of the helmets. I won't buy the battlepack but I will deffinitely buy an imperial guard.

Kashyyyk Troopers: Really good looking set. Although I can't get used to these green outfits I like the vehicle. I think that it's one of a few Lego Star Wars vehicles which has true minifigure scale.

Utapau Troopers: The only reason for buying this set are its minifigures. The droid looks really ugly, nothing special. I like the troopers. I think I will buy airborne one.

Battle of Saleucemi: One of the sets that looks big (only looks). A few plants and a barricade don't look worth buying.Actually, BARC speeder and SWAP are nothing new. If I bought it I'd do it for Neyo who appears to be an amazing double-printed minifigure.

Anakin Starfighter:This set looks exactly like the previous one apart from colour. Wings that often break ... nothing new. Anakin minifigure looks good but I wouldn't buy that set.

V-wing Starfighter: Actually third one. It looks nice and stable. Nothing new.

General Grievous Wheel Bike: The vehicle appears to be quite nice but I really don't find these clip-parts very durable. After playing with that set they will surely break.I hate the new version of Grievous. For me he looks as if he would have some kind of arm dislocation. I hope that Obi Wan will have his blue lightsaber.

Vulture Droid: I'm not a fan of vulture droids but this one looks very playable. The buzz droid doesn't even remind me these kind of robots from star wars. The new figure? Interesting.

Droid Gunship: The set looks good. I don't see any huge drawbacks. The wookie and the trooper seem to be very interesting.

AT-AP: Good Set. Clone and wookie figures appear to be marvellous. I predict that they will be expensive. The legs of the vehicle look very good!

Republic AV-7 Anti Vehicle Cannon: Great set (probably expensive). Playable technic legs. I like Plo-koon but that's a pity that there is no new Jedi :sceptic: I don't like droideka! I prefer the older ones! :angry:

Edited by Staley

Well it's the DS Battle Pack, A Chewie and a new Artoo with Silver head on BL I think!

Cheap round for those of us with only OT and EU love!

The only thing for me is the helmet on the DS Gunner looks exactly like my Christo custom... No difference whatsoever. Maybe they thought Christo's design was pretty much spot on.

Nice that there's torso and leg printing on him though and good job I've got some spare blasters.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually don"t care for the new chewbacca minifigure. In my opinion they should have stuck with the old mold and add printing on the eyes. but the new grievous I like, the printing is way better then the clone wars figure. :thumbup:

I'm really not sure about the new Chewie, is it just me or does he look just slightly possessed?! :look:

Also, why are the Royal Guards weilding lightsabers....they had a staff in ROTJ? And, while I'm on a mini rant, why have Lego added created those pointless new blasters; perhaps it's to make the flick-fire missiles look good! It's all a bit of a non-event for me, I just hope that the rumoured UCS sets become a reality.

I'm really not sure about the new Chewie, is it just me or does he look just slightly possessed?! :look:

Also, why are the Royal Guards weilding lightsabers....they had a staff in ROTJ? And, while I'm on a mini rant, why have Lego added created those pointless new blasters; perhaps it's to make the flick-fire missiles look good! It's all a bit of a non-event for me, I just hope that the rumoured UCS sets become a reality.

Yes, the white pupils are too huge, and yes, I don't like the new blasters, either, and no, they had a staff-like thing:

RoyalGuardForcePike-BTM.jpg

In my opinion they should have stuck with the old mold and add printing on the eyes.

I'm pretty sure the same mold is being used, but with different printing.

Kind of glad that this wave focuses and the prequels, as the I really only collect OT and the last couple waves cleaned me out! I will definitely picking up a few of the DS trooper packs, I don't have any imperial guards yet. I wonder if this means we'll be getting a way to get the emperor in the future that's cheaper than buying the Death Star.

I have mixed feelings on the guard's new weapons. While they looke closer to what they weild in the movie, they look kind of goofy waving them around like a lightsaber. The black spear looks less movie accurate, but they look more guard-like.

Imperial_Royal_Guard.jpg

I have mixed feelings on the guard's new weapons. While they looke closer to what they weild in the movie, they look kind of goofy waving them around like a lightsaber. The black spear looks less movie accurate, but they look more guard-like.

Well, it's hard to see that they can be placed in a guard'ish like stance with the saber, but I think it's not so hard to make a custom one. Plus, they have dark-red arms, and I really like dark-red :)