Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

an ice cube tray? what the...?

I ordered over $75 on US shop.lego.com and I "qualified for a free gift" of this LEGO ice cube tray:

EL502IceTray_NA_small_232x099.jpg

There's an option for "No thanks" which I checked but I wish there were an option for "Get that crap away from me. An ice cube tray? What are you, stupid? No one wants that crap. You can't give it away! Stop wasting your time producing stupid things and you won't find yourself with a surplus of stupid things"

But that wasn't an option. If they want to give me something as an incentive to spend $75 or more, make it an incentive, don't try to pawn your crap off on me! An ice cube tray? Come on... For this I've reserved my biggest boo ever:

boo!

I don't want to get too big, because that annoys the mods and admins. Anyway, I think LEGO should offer an incentive for bigger orders, but something good like a boba fett minifig or a troll or something good, anything but an ice cube tray! An ice cube tray? I'm insulted...

:-) Thanks for listening to my rant!

A guy used it to make chocolate bricks, Yum!

But yea.. Honestly! Whats next? A tea cosy?

A guy used it to make chocolate bricks, Yum!

oh, that's a good idea. Maybe it's not so bad. :-/ Whatever, boo!

But yea.. Honestly! Whats next? A tea cosy?

more crap

Well, it's not all crap, but what isn't crap is wildly overpriced. I'd look at those stacking bins if they cost 75% less... I wonder who buy that sort of stuff at those prices.

Agreed that the ice-cube tray is a crap reward for buying lots of Lego. Any 5-7$ set would be better.

Well, it's not all crap, but what isn't crap is wildly overpriced. I'd look at those stacking bins if they cost 75% less... I wonder who buy that sort of stuff at those prices.

Agreed that the ice-cube tray is a crap reward for buying lots of Lego. Any 5-7$ set would be better.

LOL, I saw those stacking bins too and thought "WOW, those things must be made of platinum to be sold at that price!"

I have the ice cube tray and I love the idea of Lego brick ice cubes. The only problem is that they come out with flat bottoms, so you can't build out of them.

I must try filling it with chocolate...

I have the ice cube tray and I love the idea of Lego brick ice cubes. The only problem is that they come out with flat bottoms, so you can't build out of them.

You took the words out of my mouth!

I'm sipping my glass of Coke with LEGO ice cubes right now as it happens.

Dr. S.

You took the words out of my mouth!

I'm sipping my glass of Coke with LEGO ice cubes right now as it happens.

Dr. S.

Ah The Ice cube supporters are rallying. I'll confess to buying two of the things in Munich earlier this year! Nice yellow colours - the cubes are melting in my Baileys quite nicely.

David

Ah The Ice cube supporters are rallying. I'll confess to buying two of the things in Munich earlier this year! Nice yellow colours - the cubes are melting in my Baileys quite nicely.

Would you believe I have a glass of Baileys in front of me right now. Haven't had any in ages. Yep, LEGO ice cubs would go nicely in their.

I might eBay or BL one.

how could any afol not like the lego ice cube tray? It's the perfect way to tell your guests "i like lego and i'm damn proud of it!" Heck i could be up for even more lego stuff of this sort.

how could any afol not like the lego ice cube tray? It's the perfect way to tell your guests "i like lego and i'm damn proud of it!" Heck i could be up for even more lego stuff of this sort.

Indeed! And on this basis I'm a proud owner of the corkscrew and bottle opener, money box, eggcups and the salt and pepper shakers!

Now all I need is some people to come around... :-(

Dr. S

Indeed! And on this basis I'm a proud owner of the corkscrew and bottle opener, money box, eggcups and the salt and pepper shakers!

Now all I need is some people to come around... :-(

Dr. S

You ain't alone! I have the corkscrew and bottle opener, eggcups, ice cube tray, timer and two kinds of salt and pepper shakers.. *sweet*

No boo from me on this case. ;-)

You ain't alone! I have the corkscrew and bottle opener, eggcups, ice cube tray, timer and two kinds of salt and pepper shakers.. *sweet*

No boo from me on this case. ;-)

You swine! You have the timer! My wife drew the line at that one. But I will have my revenge...

Dr. S.

I am a proud owner of the minifig head timer *y* ! It is awesome and everyone who comes over loves it *wub* , old and young! Lego lovers and not lego lovers! X-D

I really want the egg cups *wub* too...but there is not much point as my hubby despises eggs |-/ !

Ah, Cutlass.

I was just thinking that what with ice cube trays, egg cups, egg timers, bottle openers etc, who says LEGO is mainly for males?

:-P

Ah, Cutlass.

I was just thinking that what with ice cube trays, egg cups, egg timers, bottle openers etc, who says LEGO is mainly for males?

:-P

are you trying to be sexist again Tranny :-P ?

I really want the S&P shakers too. They are so cute *wub* ! We've already got way too many ice cube trays from Ikea!

I guess people like the stuff lego sells for cooking. It just shouldn't be a reward for spending a lot of money.

i think we warded off the nay sayers, but i have to agree i'd rather any small set for spending that much than an ice-cube tray.

Edited by john cleese

i think we warded off the nay sayers, but i have to agree i'd rather any small set for spending that much than an ice-cube tray.

Naysayers rally!!!! :-D

I have nothing against you if you want to buy these things, all I'm saying is you couldn't give it away to me.

However, maybe this brings up the greater issue of LEGO pride. People have bought me LEGO shirts, watches, pens and mugs as gifts and they always end up in the same place, the garbage. That sounds harsh, I know but if you're going to go to the trouble of going to a LEGO store, buy LEGOs. But, I don't need to wear my LEGO hobby on my sleeve, literally. People will know I'm an AFOL when they get to know me. That doesn't need to be the first impression I give...

Not that I'm ashamed of my LEGO hobby. I just hate most people's initial reaction. "You like LEGOs, can I see them? They're so cute! Can I play with them?" They're not toys, they're artistic medium. My favorite "Does the train really go around in a circle?" It's always 'go in a circle' and not 'actually work'. Don't touch. Mine mine mine. >:-(

So, now I'll over-generalize by saying that there are two types of AFOL, ones that like the crapkitchen accessories and those who wouldn't be caught dead with that crap. We, of course, all have the right to our own opinion, but I certainly don't find any of it incentive to spend more money with them.

I'd like to close by reaching out to my crap-loving brothers and sisters: I love you! *wub* we are united by LEGO forever...

despite the crap... :-P

I completely understand where you are coming from there Hinkley... but I'd just like to say on my own account, I do not buy or own crapkitchen accesories from Lego to "wear it on my sleeve". I actually like the look and useablitly of it.

For example: my last kitchen timer broke. I saw the Lego one and couldn't resist replacing my broken GreenChilli timer with a Lego head one. Why have ordinary ugly or boring kitchen things when you can have fun and happy Lego ones *y* ?

I completely understand where you are coming from there Hinkley... but I'd just like to say on my own account, I do not buy or own crapkitchen accesories from Lego to "wear it on my sleeve". I actually like the look and useablitly of it.

For example: my last kitchen timer broke. I saw the Lego one and couldn't resist replacing my broken GreenChilli timer with a Lego head one. Why have ordinary ugly or boring kitchen things when you can have fun and happy Lego ones *y* ?

And now we have a bid from the personal taste department. Is nothing black and white anymore?

Good point, Cutlass. May I call you izzy? I have the desire to. I might have LEGO kitchen accessories if my partner weren't a stickler about things looking expensive and modern. I should try to bring in a LEGO kitchen timer and see how crazy that'd make him. Then again, I just set the oven clock, no need for a kitchen timer. Maybe the salt and pepper shakers.

And now we have a bid from the personal taste department. Is nothing black and white anymore?

Good point, Cutlass. May I call you izzy? I have the desire to.

Then again, I just set the oven clock, no need for a kitchen timer. Maybe the salt and pepper shakers.

Nothing is black and white 8-| (Shhh, that's racist) Its all yellow *y*

You may call me Izzy! It is my name after all. :-D

We are renting our place and the oven timer is broken (and our oven doesnt even have a light in it Boo Hoo!) Therefore the need for a workable (Lego) one :-P .

Edited by cutlass_iz

Naysayers rally!!!! :-D

I have nothing against you if you want to buy these things, all I'm saying is you couldn't give it away to me.

However, maybe this brings up the greater issue of LEGO pride. People have bought me LEGO shirts, watches, pens and mugs as gifts and they always end up in the same place, the garbage. That sounds harsh, I know but if you're going to go to the trouble of going to a LEGO store, buy LEGOs. But, I don't need to wear my LEGO hobby on my sleeve, literally. People will know I'm an AFOL when they get to know me. That doesn't need to be the first impression I give...

Not that I'm ashamed of my LEGO hobby. I just hate most people's initial reaction. "You like LEGOs, can I see them? They're so cute! Can I play with them?" They're not toys, they're artistic medium. My favorite "Does the train really go around in a circle?" It's always 'go in a circle' and not 'actually work'. Don't touch. Mine mine mine. >:-(

So, now I'll over-generalize by saying that there are two types of AFOL, ones that like the crapkitchen accessories and those who wouldn't be caught dead with that crap. We, of course, all have the right to our own opinion, but I certainly don't find any of it incentive to spend more money with them.

I'd like to close by reaching out to my crap-loving brothers and sisters: I love you! *wub* we are united by LEGO forever...

despite the crap... :-P

in my opinion by buying these items you are proving your diehard fanship. You are telling people you don't just like lego, but that it is na big part of your life and hence you'd like to be respected for it. Also if you have really big moc's, put em on display. Right where everybody has to see them, this leads to less "ahh cute!" and more "cool!".

edit: also don't you think by calling these things crap, you're not really respecting my opinion, even though you alledge to come from the schol of thought where we 'are' entitled to our own opinions?

Edited by john cleese