Hello,

I hoping someone here could help me. I have made a ton of models in LDraw and normally go through the parts lists and manually order the pieces I need or add piece to my "wanted list".

Someone I ordered from referred me to Brickstore and said I could make XML files for the models I have. Now, I have been playing with it for a day or 2 and have run into a problem.

I imported the model to Brickstore, exported and saved the XML file, but, when I try to upload it to Bricklink, I get an "invalid file format" message.

Is there another step I need to do, add something, delete something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Jamie

I imported the model to Brickstore, exported and saved the XML file, but, when I try to upload it to Bricklink, I get an "invalid file format" message.

Can you paste a snippet of the generated xml-code please.

I got it to work, finally!! I had to "right click" and "view source".

Thanks, Jamie

Hello,

I am having some issues with Brickstore and am wondering if there is a way to fix it!

When I import an LDraw model, the whole model doesn't load. The total pieces for the model I am trying to build an XML for is 1232 and Brickstore only loads 990 of them. Would it have to do with it being a Multipart file?

Any thoughts??

Jamie

I just had my PC crash so I had to reinstall brickstore on my win7 box. I'm running the same version as before, 1.1.16.

When I import a set or add a new piece, it used to highlight the price in red, since it was $0.00 and list it as an error. Now it's not doing anything. Also, I am pretty sure there was a way to mass edit the comments, but I don't see that option now...

What ever happened to this program anyway? The author doesnt respond to mails for me to buy a license for it.

Hi All,

Possibly a dumb question but does anyone know an easy way to import a wanted list from Bricklink (or XML Bricklink File) into Brickstore. I can't find a way to do it from the wanted list or file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt.

In Brickstore go to Help>Registration... and enable demo mode. There'll then be an option to import Bricklink XML files.

In Brickstore go to Help>Registration... and enable demo mode. There'll then be an option to import Bricklink XML files.

Thanks for that buddy!

Is that something only works in the commercial paid for version then?

Yes, that is one of the features that is enabled in the commercial version.

Yes, that is one of the features that is enabled in the commercial version.

Would appear also that the demo mode does not import quantities which is a shame. Went to try and buy the key off the site but his store is closed.

You need to edit the XML slightly to import quantities. In the XML document (generated from or for a wanted list) the quantity field is <MINQTY> , but do a find-and-replace to change it to <QTY> and the values will then appear in brickstore when you import the XML file.

You need to edit the XML slightly to import quantities. In the XML document (generated from or for a wanted list) the quantity field is <MINQTY> , but do a find-and-replace to change it to <QTY> and the values will then appear in brickstore when you import the XML file.

Thanks for that, that sorted it out :)

Now just to get they key for it and I'll be all set.

Good luck with that, I have tried a couple of times to contact the developer and give him money to unlock the software, but all requests have gone unanswered.

Ah that bodes well :)

I did notice that the site or the software have not been updated since 2011.

Is Brickstore gone? The developer's website seems to be gone, you can still find the install file floating around on the internet but when you install it will give you an error about updating the Bricklink database. If this has been asked somewhere else, I apologize. I really wanted to try this program out.