Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Historian

Problems posting FLICKR images here since they upgraded.

Now that Flickr has upgraded to new splashy, but not so friendly pages... I can no longer get to a large image and get the Deep Link to post images here on Eurobricks... Anyone else having this problem?

When you're viewing an image (now surrounded by those dumb black bars), there are numerous icons beneath it. The one at the far right looks like three dots in a row. Click on that - it pops up a menu. One of the choices is 'view all sizes,' which gets you to the same old type of page with numerous size choices.

8715915719_932c072d99.jpg

New way. Click on the image until you find a button that says "More ways to share" (it looks like a box with a curved arrow coming out of it), click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode" then select the size you want from the menu. Copy the appropriate text. (If you don't want to copy the entire box then delete it later, just use the cursor keys + shift key to select the URL for the photo.)

edit

When you're viewing an image (now surrounded by those dumb black bars), there are numerous icons beneath it. The one at the far right looks like three dots in a row. Click on that - it pops up a menu. One of the choices is 'view all sizes,' which gets you to the same old type of page with numerous size choices.

Or that! Edited by Artanis I

Thanks... I got the image sizes down pat now... but I was using a (Right Click) "Open in New Tab" to get a Deep Link image... but now that function is not available... how do you get a Deep Link image... since you cannot post an image in Eurobricks using just the large size image?? Thanks! :classic:

Thanks... I got the image sizes down pat now... but I was using a (Right Click) "Open in New Tab" to get a Deep Link image... but now that function is not available... how do you get a Deep Link image... since you cannot post an image in Eurobricks using just the large size image?? Thanks! :classic:

You can either copy the URL as in the first part of my post, or if you follow CloneOP's direction you can use whatever method your browser has to identify the URL. In Chrome, you can just right-click and select "Copy Image URL". In Firefox I think you had to go to Tools->Page Info then look for the image you want under "Media".

All you need to do to post any Flickr photo on EB is click on the share box, select the BBCode option, select the size from the drop-down menu, then copy & paste the text directly into your post. This is the result:

8748419594_a1c7733abd_n.jpg

May 2013 - Retiarius Gladiators by Thrashq4g, on Flickr

I am moving this discussion to Website & Forums as it completes the existing (and now outdated!) Flickr tutorials.

I've whipped up some quick and poorly edited pictures visually showing what Clone O'Patra is talking about.

Step 1: Find the image you want, and when you click on it, you should see something similar to this.

8795919584_0fd27563c0_c.jpg

Step 2: Once you've clicked those 3 little dots, you will see this menu. Select "View all Sizes"

8795919496_a9a3a56aca_o.jpg

Step 3: Once at the select a size page, select the size you want, and once the image has loaded, right click anywhere on the image and copy the link URL.

8795919418_59670fb0f7_c.jpg

If you are using Chrome, it's an option right when you right click (awesome, use Chrome).

If you are using IE, you will have to right click, go to properties and then manually copy the URL address.

If you are using Firefox, right click the image and select "Copy image location"

If you are using Safari(apple/Mac), Ctrl+Click, or Right Click, then "Copy Image address"

If you are using A Mac, then you'll have to figure it out yourself, sorry.

In Safari it's Ctrl+click or right click, then "Copy Image Address".

An easier way is if you are viewing the image normally, right-click it and you will see the "800px" etc links that you see above the image on the "all sizes" page. That will take you directly the size you want where you can right-click and grab the deeplink url like normal.

8797843838_d3996466e4_c.jpg

In Safari it's Ctrl+click or right click, then "Copy Image Address".

Thank you! I've added that to my post.

An easier way is if you are viewing the image normally, right-click it and you will see the "800px" etc links that you see above the image on the "all sizes" page. That will take you directly the size you want where you can right-click and grab the deeplink url like normal.

Oooohh, I like that, saves a step, if your looking for a decent size, which you should if posting on EB :classic:

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the help from you folks... especially the "Flickr for Dummies" deep links..... :wink: